BF2 runs like crap ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 runs like crap ....

Im so pissed of that game engine, it lags whatever the settings are no mather what. I just dont belive people saying they can run this game fine with constant 60 fps on their 7600GT s.

Heres my rig specs.

AMD Opteron 146 @ 2.74Ghz
    2Gigs DDRAM PC-3200 2.5:2:2:5 1T
    7800GTX 256 /oc
    250gb SATAII Seagate

Did a format c , do be sure it wasnt my OS . Cleared caches and all that sort of crap that people say would helps...

Well i dont know what i have to do to get this game run properly . If i remember correctly , last patch was way more better when it comes to performance. Even my friend who has C2D @3Ghz / 8800GTS gets fps drops to 30 nomather what the settings are. All low/all high / even with 8x AA / 16AF:|:

Re: BF2 runs like crap ....

This is quite strange, the only thing i could think of that would cause this is having a psu thats not powerful enough

Comment

sound settings / sound card?

Comment

Originally posted by cc//Ollie90 View Post
        This is quite strange, the only thing i could think of that would cause this is having a psu thats not powerful enough
        Have a 550w Chieftech , and use a creative 2.1 soundcard with obviously EAX disabled .

Comment

You have a hardware issue of some sort. I usually run 96-100fps with mine maxed. Back off the timings on the RAM, maybe to a 1.5 or 2T then maybe 2-2-2-4, and check the slots that they are supposed to be in to run in dual-channel mode (probably slots 1 and 3).

Also, that chip is supposed to run at 2.0 GHz. Your overclock may have something to do with it.

Comment

Overclocking can definitely effect your performance in a negative way. I don't think that BF2 likes it sometimes. Try backing it down and see if that helps.

Comment

My bet is that he is about to burn out his processor/other components from the 37% OC. There seems to be no need to run 1T memory timings with an AMD x64 because of the integrated memory controller and how it bypasses the northbridge part of the chipset. The performance gain is minimal, from what I can tell. Your friend with the C2Duo is probably running 600MHz overclock, which is a 25% OC. Thats pushing things pretty far without advanced cooling measures.

Comment

Dude are you serious about that overclock issue ur telling ? I knowhow to overclock , cooling isnt issue. Setup is rock solid, Orthos stable, 32m SuperPI , and all that. And Opterons have far better memory controllers than other versions.
                Just BF2 refuses to run well, maybe those videodrivers dont like BF2 .
                Im using 91.31.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrt1989 View Post
                  Dude are you serious about that overclock issue ur telling ? I knowhow to overclock , cooling isnt issue. Setup is rock solid, Orthos stable, 32m SuperPI , and all that. And Opterons have far better memory controllers than other versions.
                  Im using 91.31.
                  I think those are the drivers that I'm running, but I don't have much of a vid card. 30%+ over clock seems like a lot. Turn them to stock and try playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrt1989 View Post
                    Im using 91.31.
                    there are more up todate video drivers out there.. try the 162.18 beta's

you can find them over at nzone

Comment

The new drivers are a good place to start. If you are stable to 32million on SuperPi, then props to you for a nice speed bump. I couldn't get that far. Don't you have to have EEC DRAM memory for an Opteron?

Comment

Originally posted by BPCrusher01 View Post
                        The new drivers are a good place to start. If you are stable to 32million on SuperPi, then props to you for a nice speed bump. I couldn't get that far. Don't you have to have EEC DRAM memory for an Opteron?
                        No you dont unless you use cpus what are made for servers. s939 AMD Opterons are for home PC s.

Comment

never owned a 7600GT but EA was recommending 6800 card to high on all high, thats what they have tested the game on, im sure 7600GT can run this very well.

Comment

Do this....open a command-prompt, and do a "netstat -s". At the end of the output is a line that says "retransmits". Write down the number.

Go play some BF2 online....or try. Try to play for around 10-15 mins. Then exit out.

Go back to a command-prompt and type "netstat -s" again and look at the number of retransmits. If it has risen significantly, you may have a NIC or NIC driver issue. Or a network cable that is bad.

LA.

Comment

Originally posted by lajams View Post
                              Do this....open a command-prompt, and do a "netstat -s". At the end of the output is a line that says "retransmits". Write down the number.

Go play some BF2 online....or try. Try to play for around 10-15 mins. Then exit out.

Go back to a command-prompt and type "netstat -s" again and look at the number of retransmits. If it has risen significantly, you may have a NIC or NIC driver issue. Or a network cable that is bad.

LA.
                              Well m8 i play only at those servers where my ping is 20 - 50,never get those connection errors. Have 12mb ADSL2 .

Comment

Working...
                              X