Ping is everything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ping is everything.

My pings usually between 50 and 80 on U.S. servers, I usually do pretty well despite the super low pingers. Anyway past the 100 ping mark u start running into some trouble, depending on the server size. So the dude who said he ws "owning everyone" at 150-250 ping is a dumb arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Keiros View Post
      Really man. Sometimes my connection screws up while I'm in game and in a jet, and I see that I can't hit sh1t, neither bombing nor by missle or cannon machine gun. It's just that jets and vehicles, which are my main targets, move so fast that high pings means to see them teleporting a hundred meters away.
      If you play on Euro servers you should be fine download Wake airshow if you need practice flying. bombing gets easier when you get experience and know where your bombs will land.

Comment

What ever your ping, to the most servers, is you can still learn to play and do good. I can get on a couple of servers where my ping is in the 20's but I dont because Ive gotten used to my ping being around 60 and try to stay in that range. Its the range I do the best in.

During the Black Out I played on a server where my ping was about 62 but there were 3 or 4 players with pings around 300. The lag was unbearable and it was almost impossible to get kills going one on one. The worst part was none of the admin would boot these guys with pings over 200.

Ping does make a big difference but its the ping that you get used to that matters most. Thats where you will score the most points. Check your ping in the next few games and youll see what I mean. To see whats really going on try watching a battle recorder file, when available, from a server where you had a ping over 100 and you will see what we are talking about. In that file its like watching a movie and you will see the round as the server saw it. I did that and watched myself constantly shoot behind people and compleatly miss people I thought I had killed. Try it and see. . . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Originally posted by Stratiotes View Post
          My ping is never below 80. It is usually around 90-120. (Crappy low-end dsl is all that is available in my area).
          Same, I'm not sure if it's been below 80 though, I should be getting 7mb/s when it's avail.

Comment

Originally posted by redrider View Post
            What ever your ping, to the most servers, is you can still learn to play and do good. I can get on a couple of servers where my ping is in the 20's but I dont because Ive gotten used to my ping being around 60 and try to stay in that range. Its the range I do the best in.

During the Black Out I played on a server where my ping was about 62 but there were 3 or 4 players with pings around 300. The lag was unbearable and it was almost impossible to get kills going one on one. The worst part was none of the admin would boot these guys with pings over 200.

Ping does make a big difference but its the ping that you get used to that matters most. Thats where you will score the most points. Check your ping in the next few games and youll see what I mean. To see whats really going on try watching a battle recorder file, when available, from a server where you had a ping over 100 and you will see what we are talking about. In that file its like watching a movie and you will see the round as the server saw it. I did that and watched myself constantly shoot behind people and compleatly miss people I thought I had killed. Try it and see. . . . . . . . . .Red
            Good point, on another game i played i would always ping around 200, but when i got a better connection and went back i was so used to compensating for my lag, i actually done worse on the better connection until i got used to it.

Comment

When I get a ping under 25, I usually don't need missiles to down a jet.

Comment

I was back in FL playing on a friends computer with ~50 and sniping people out of cars as they drove by.

Comment

Its called lagshooting, try it out. Ping is "everything", but you can work your way to soften the impact.

Comment

for once i would love to get a pin under 70. man that would be nice.

i know a guy who lives about a 2 minute drive frm the server he plays on... he usually gets a ping of 5 or 6

Comment

Usually ping 50-70 , very rarely under that or over.

And yup, the only people that usually kill me are super low pingers which does my nut in =/

Comment

Working...
                      X