BF2 Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Tips?

Whats up, just started BF 2 today and i get my *** whooped! Any tips on gameplay? Im a FPS player but never played open field like this, learning quick to keep my head down though.

Any help?

PS: Whats stat padding?

Thanks!
    Jimmy

Re: BF2 Tips?

well if you are a fps person thats more use to the whole CS thing i would say go more into infantry only matches. Pick these maps mostly for infantry only:

Strike and Karkand
    Mashtuur City
    Sharqi Peninsula

now if you are more experienced with the whole vehicle deal...then pick karkand and just run around with armor

jets and choppers....i would say try getting used to the controls either on an empty server or single player. When you get better go to air heavy maps and you will have fun...especially for evened out dogfights

little tip on the weapon selection:
    -better to use crosshairs than ironsights at close/mid range
    -AK's are your best friend.
    -Medics are a must for points and staying alive.
    -If you really want to piss people off....go sniper and throw claymores infront of enemies. Watch if friendly fire is on though.
    -The M16(US stock assault rifle) and the G36E( 2nd medic unlock ) are the best burst weapons in game. My preference goes to the M16 for its high bullet deviation than the G36E

Comment

Don't worry about your stats, unlocks, rank....etc. They will come. Just enjoy playing and when your awards do come( they are pretty easy to get in the beggining), they will be just pleasant surprises. Pick a kit that you think you may like and try to master it first. This will improve your confidence in your abilities. Forget all the jerks who may call you a noob. Everyone is new at some time. Try not to TK and apologize if you do.............. not that it matters to the auto punishers.

Comment

Stat-Padding is a method of artificially boosting ones stats by exploiting a system for its unintented use.

If you haven't already, try out the expansion, "Special Forces."
        IMO, the maps are better designed than vanilla BF2. Night maps are very fun but not too many people play them and therefore many server owners don't put them in rotation. Leviathan FTW!!

Comment

Thanks for the tips, bout to go play now and try them out.

@Nadicus
          Yeah i bought the Deluxe Edition which came with SF, only played one level though. I'll check out the night maps and see what they are like.

Comment

Dont Die

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
              Dont Die
              Doesnt work very well, i tried it but usually get shot right in the head!

Comment

bf2 tips section > http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=109
                "Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I found the best map to learn on was Wake Island. It's quite linear, and you get to learn it quickly. Try all of the different 'kits' on here first.

That said, I'm still crap. :hmm:

Comment

One little tip is to switch to single shot on your rifle (press "3" when you've got your weapon in your hand) when shooting at an enemy from a far distance.

A great tip is to practice lots

Comment

if u want a good k/d ratio i find that i do alot better on karkand / city maps. if u play on the other maps, and ur infantry, u wil find urself dying alot to jets apcs and tanks

Comment

The in-game tooltips tell you everything you have to know about gameplay. Press T to toggle them on or off.
                        The rest is just experience, tactics, grenade noobery and carpet bombing.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                          if u want a good k/d ratio i find that i do alot better on karkand / city maps. if u play on the other maps, and ur infantry, u wil find urself dying alot to jets apcs and tanks

.. or become a jet whore. Who can play Wake Island and keeping the J10's down and just bomb out the flags. That gives you a great KD ratio. Chopper whoring is for a good KD ratio too.

Comment

1. Dont get mad when you CTD for the 100th time
                            2.Nade spam
                            3.claymore spam
                            4.be ready for connection problems
                            5.don't h4x

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432 View Post
                              1. Dont get mad when you CTD for the 100th time
                              2.Nade spam