Performance Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Help

I need help with my computer/bf2 performance. I have a nvidia geforce 7600 512mb agp 8x video card, 2 gigs of memory, and 2.4 cpu. In game I play with everything on low except for geometry (medium) and effects (medium), my view distance is at 100% and my monitor size is at 1024x768 60hz. I still ****ing lag for some odd reason, esp. when I'm around alot of people.

Question is why do I still lag. I've do tweaks and everything. Do I need anything that is new, new video card, cpu, more memory. Also, have a 160w power supply, atleast I think thats what I have didn't really look.

So what will I need to do more or get more?

Re: Performance Help

Who provides you with the internets? Are you hardwired or not?

Comment

I have no idea, but no we aren't hardwired. But I usually have a 20-60 ping in most of the servers I go to.

Comment

What I mean by hardwired is:: Do you have wireless internet or not?
        And who is the providor???? Comcast, Verizon, ETC. ?????

Your specs look good for running the game on medium to high without dynamic lighting. So the only thing I can think of why you are lagging in high traffic areas is your internet connection. If its DSL then that might be the problem, seeing as cable connections are better for gaming. It probably isn't the problem but try defragmenting your HD and see if that works.

Also, find out your provider and what kind of connection you have.

Comment

No wireless internet and I would have to find out what kind of provider?

Comment

Have you checked your system CPU and GPU temperatures while under heavy load. I used to have similar symptoms with my first rig. Those were caused by heat, fixed them by changing stock cooler to Zalman's better one. Also check your PSU, if your PSU is screaming for bread during heavy load, I think you may experience lag kind of issues.

Then of course check drivers and test your memory sticks. Is your CPU AMD or Intel? 2,4gig Intel, if not Dual core, may be your bottleneck...

Comment

I have been using Everest Home Edition to see my computer stuff. Also, I have a 120 gig hd. Also, could it by my power supply? Because one of the specs on the video card says 300w and I don't think I have that. My CPU is Intel Celeron.

Comment

I think it is your PSU.
                I have an XFX 6600GT 128MB card and the minimum power supply for that is about 300W I think. So yes, Get a new PSU.

Comment

One more vote for PSU. 160W is looooow. Most 7600GT specs call for 300W minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Stillhouse View Post
                    One more vote for PSU. 160W is looooow. Most 7600GT specs call for 300W minimum.
                    Just an opinion, but i'd first check my power supply to make sure what it is, if my memory is right, reboot hit F2 & it should tell u in your BIOS what power supply voltage is.
                    But I would meet the cards recommendations on the PSU First even if it was something else, & on top of that i'd check my connection, sounds like thats probably culpret. If ur gettin weak speed u will lagg dont care what system power house you have.
                    Check it at speakeasy.com

best wishe's :salute:

Comment

I concur about the power supply.. it's very very substandard... a 500w Antec power supply isn't very expensive.

Also, check this site for fixing performance issues:

It's got lots of good things to do that made a serious difference in how my game performed.

Comment

Alright, thanks for the help everyone really appreciate. Also, my connection speed is.....1187 kbps for download and 325 kbps for upload. Checked my bios to see my PSU but I really never found what kind it was and the watt. Any specific place that I could really find it? I got 160w by opening my computer up and looking. Said DC Output 160W min.

Comment

Originally posted by bodrider View Post
                          Alright, thanks for the help everyone really appreciate. Also, my connection speed is.....1187 kbps for download and 325 kbps for upload. Checked my bios to see my PSU but I really never found what kind it was and the watt. Any specific place that I could really find it? I got 160w by opening my computer up and looking. Said DC Output 160W min.
                          Question:
                          How do I determine how big my power supply is?

Answer:
                          You can determine the total output of a power supply by physically examining the power supply. All power supplies, like the one shown to the right, have a sticker on the power supply that gives all important specifications, including the total output of the power supply. For example, this power supply would list the total output as 330W (330 Watt power supply).
                          If you have a computer that is already assembled, you can determine how big the power supply is by opening the computer and examining the power supply. Additional information about how to open the computer can be found on document CH000765.

If you're unable to find a sticker or any identification on the power supply from examining it while installed in the computer it's possible that the identification may be on a side that is not visible. If this is the case you would need to remove the power supply before being able to identify it.

Comment

Ok dude I know what a power supply is, how to find out the total watts, I'm not a noob at this. It was all in chinese so thats why and didn't want to find out what it said. I got a new power supply low....350W that should really fix the problem.

Comment

Let us know if it's fixed the problem then or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X