This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Down!

As we all know, Project Reality mod makes for the best combat experience ever.

This story is one of them.

Al Basrah, late afternoon. the scorching sun is beating down upon the dusty land.
    A battalion of marines prepare to move out. the clack of tank tracks, the whine of the choppers, the roar of the a10s.
    I was heading towards an a10. my squad, the air operations squad. my buddies in their choppers warming up their engines. me and my wingman stroll towards our jets, sitting lifeless on the ground. In the next few minutes, those lifeless behemoths of steel and firepower would be screaming through the hot dry air, striking fear in rebel resistance fighters hearts.

We climbed into our a10s, and engine warming begin. HeliOps leader was coming in over the radio. "Taking AA Fire at industry*CSSHHH*Gotta pull ou*CSHHH*Oh Sh-TV THEM!TV TH-*SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*.

HeliOps leader and his gunner were gone, incinerated in a ball of flame. HeliTran leader confirmed a visual on HeliOps smoking, charred Cobra.

Those ****ers were going down.

By now the engines of the a10s were awake, ready to release over 1000lbs of death over the war-scarred city.
    "A10s airborne, enroute to Industry over*CSHHH*

"GroundhogOne, form on my left wing. we'll do a flyover the facility to find whoever took out HeliOps"
    "roger roger Groundhog Leader"
    "Increase speed to maximum"

T. Erikkson at the North VCP saw the A10s scream overhead, and stared in awe. Less than 5 seconds later, an insurgent blew the easy targets head off.

"Flyby initiating, if locked break and regroup at airfield"
    "roger"

Right when flying directly overhead the facility I noticed the AA guns become active. I was taking fire, and was too fast and too close to let a 200 pounder fall on their heads. After passed I got almost instantly locked. GroundhogOne came on the radio "HOT ONE ON YOUR TAIL LEADER BREAK!! BREAK!!"
    He warned me too late. I had dropped flares, but to no avail. the back of my jet rocked from the explosion, sending me into a unintended dive. luckily i pulled out just 40 feet above the unforgiving ground.
    Groundhogone came in again. "Ive got em located! AA infantry group AND AA guns in G5!"
    "roger one, regroup at airfield and begin assault."

Once at airfield and on my wing again, One said I was smoking slightly. I didnt bother getting repaired, i was too anxious to take out those ragheads.

The assault began! we climbed to 700 feet, and then did a 70 degree dive on the attack order put on the enemy.I threw all I had against them. 14 hydra air to ground missiles, 6 200lb presicion bombs, and countless small tank rounds flying from the cannon.
    In the dive i was being locked, but i didnt care. my flares would save me, and they would die before they had the chance to pull the trigger. the lock stopped halfway in the dive, and i was satisfied. groundhogone flew by and confirmed kills, all enemy appeared to be destroyed.

we made a sharp bank and began flying towards the facility to support our ground troops there.

Lying in pools of blood and human entrails, the rebel fighter awoke. the last thing he remembered was fire. fire and the screams of his comrades as the american planes killed them without mercy. they had missed him, he saw them coming and dived away from the group before the first bomb had hit. He saw his group leader lying beside him, missing the bottom half of his body.. his other group members were so hideously mutilated that he could not recognize half them. In his sadness and tears he remembered who had done this to his fellow insurgents, and grabbed the shoulder mounted Anti-Air missile that in the explosions his buddy had dropped. blood streaming down his face, he saw the two american devils flying away to kill more of his brethren.
    with much effort he lifted the the firing tube to his shoulder, the missile still unfired from inside. he brought the scope to the eye he could still see out of, lined up the crosshairs on the one in lead. the lock brought joy to the dying man. "ALLAH AKBAR!!!" he pulled the trigger, the missile flew to its target. he laid down and died, avenged.

"What the-" "KSHBOOM! an unexpected AA missile hit my engine. The staccato alarms rang in the cockpit, the red glare of the warning lights were flashing on and off.

"BAIL LEADER! BAIL!! YOUR ENGINES ON FIR-" he didnt have to tell me twice. I slammed the eject button, and flew out of the burning jet. I didnt eject a moment too soon, 1.5 seconds later the jet exploded in a burning inferno, the pieces falling to the earth. awestruck by how close i had been to dying, I almost forgot to deploy my parachute. I pulled the cord, and floated down into the desert, far behind insurgent lines. thank god HeliTran was in the area, I called in a rescue, deployed my signal smoke. the blackhawk saw me, and landed in the flat desert to rescue me, the downed pilot. we flew back to base safely.

"All in a days work" I thought to myself while hopping out of the Blackhawk side door.

I logged off and had lunch!

Re: Pilot Down!

i love the way u included the radio contact.........dis was really cool

Comment

nice detail

A-10 PWNZORZ!!!!! :nod:

Comment

you should do another one maybe a spec ops one

Comment

Creative!

Comment

Good stuff

Comment

wow man! thats great! i love the way you took the actual experience in game, and made it sound real. nice job!

10/10!

Comment

If I was the one that shot you down, I'd have made sure you stayed down and teabagged your ***. Let's see you invent a radio command for that

Comment

that was like a book dude.... A BOOK! a good one to..

Comment

ahhh i love soaking up the praise. ill make another one once i get another good experience.

Comment

Originally posted by cfschris View Post
                      ahhh i love soaking up the praise. ill make another one once i get another good experience.
                      make ur next one bout a lone sniper trying to survive from ppl hunting him

Comment

hmm.....i never really get a chance to snipe in PR.....the kit is always taken first.

and sniping in regular bf2 never really is a memorable experience, and no one ever hunts you. the commander always drops a friggen vehicle on you lol.....

Comment

Originally posted by cfschris View Post
                          As we all know, Project Reality mod makes for the best combat experience ever.

This story is one of them.

Al Basrah, late afternoon. the scorching sun is beating down upon the dusty land.
                          A battalion of marines prepare to move out. the clack of tank tracks, the whine of the choppers, the roar of the a10s.
                          I was heading towards an a10. my squad, the air operations squad. my buddies in their choppers warming up their engines. me and my wingman stroll towards our jets, sitting lifeless on the ground. In the next few minutes, those lifeless behemoths of steel and firepower would be screaming through the hot dry air, striking fear in rebel resistance fighters hearts.

We climbed into our a10s, and engine warming begin. HeliOps leader was coming in over the radio. "Taking AA Fire at industry*CSSHHH*Gotta pull ou*CSHHH*Oh Sh-TV THEM!TV TH-*SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*.

HeliOps leader and his gunner were gone, incinerated in a ball of flame. HeliTran leader confirmed a visual on HeliOps smoking, charred Cobra.

Those ****ers were going down.

By now the engines of the a10s were awake, ready to release over 1000lbs of death over the war-scarred city.
                          "A10s airborne, enroute to Industry over*CSHHH*

"GroundhogOne, form on my left wing. we'll do a flyover the facility to find whoever took out HeliOps"
                          "roger roger Groundhog Leader"
                          "Increase speed to maximum"

T. Erikkson at the North VCP saw the A10s scream overhead, and stared in awe. Less than 5 seconds later, an insurgent blew the easy targets head off.

"Flyby initiating, if locked break and regroup at airfield"
                          "roger"

Right when flying directly overhead the facility I noticed the AA guns become active. I was taking fire, and was too fast and too close to let a 200lb pound fall on their heads. After passed I got almost instantly locked. GroundhogOne came on the radio "HOT ONE ON YOUR TAIL LEADER BREAK!! BREAK!!"
                          He warned me too late. I had dropped flares, but I had too late. the back of my jet rocked from the explosion, sending me into a unintended dive. luckily i pulled out just 40 feet above the unforgiving ground.
                          Groundhogone came in again. "Ive got em located! AA infantry group AND AA guns in G5!"
                          "roger one, regroup at airfield and begin assault."

Once at airfield and on my wing again, One said I was smoking slightly. I didnt bother getting repaired, i was too anxious to take out those ragheads.

The assault began! we climbed to 700 feet, and then did a 70 degree dive on the attack order put on the enemy.I threw all I had against them. 14 hydra air to ground missiles, 6 200lb presicion bombs, and countless small tank rounds flying from the cannon.
                          In the dive i was being locked, but i didnt care. my flares would save me, and they would die before they had the chance to pull the trigger. the lock stopped halfway in the dive, and i was satisfied. groundhogone flew by and confirmed kills, all enemy appeared to be destroyed.

we made a sharp bank and began flying towards the facility to support our ground troops there.

Lying in pools of blood and human entrails, the rebel fighter awoke. the last thing he remembered was fire. fire and the screams of his comrades as the american planes killed them without mercy. they had missed him, he saw them coming and dived away from the group before the first bomb had hit. He saw his group leader lying beside him, missing the bottom half of his body.. his other group members were so hideously mutilated that he could not recognize half them. In his sadness and tears he remembered who had done this to his fellow insurgents, and grabbed the shoulder mounted Anti-Air missile that in the explosions his buddy had dropped. blood streaming down his face, he saw the two american devils flying away to kill more of his brethren.
                          with much effort he lifted the the firing tube to his shoulder, the missile still unfired from inside. he brought the scope to the eye he could still see out of, lined up the crosshairs on the one in lead. the lock brought joy to the dying man. "FOR ALLAH!!!" he pulled the trigger, the missile flew to its target. he laid down and died, avenged.

"What the-" "KSHBOOM! an unexpected AA missile hit my engine. The staccato alarms rang in the cockpit, the red glare of the warning lights flashing on and off.

"BAIL LEADER! BAIL!! YOUR ENGINES ON FIR-" he didnt have to tell me twice. I slammed the eject button, and flew out of the burning jet. I didnt eject a moment too soon, 1.5 seconds later the jet exploded in a burning inferno, the pieces falling to the earth. awestruck by how close i had been to dying, I almost forgot to deploy my parachute. I pulled the cord, and floated down into the desert, far behind insurgent lines. thank god HeliTran was in the area, I called in a rescue, deployed my signal smoke. the blackhawk saw me, and landed in the flat desert to rescue me, the downed pilot. we flew back to base safely.

"All in a days work" I thought to myself while hopping out of the Blackhawk side door.

I logged off and had lunch!
                          AHAHHA! *cshhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

I love it when I did almost the same thing!!!

Comment

ah nice story. and i love how people actually sometimes do talk like that in PR. (never in BF2) and if a downed pilot requests an extraction, they usually get one

Comment

Nice one. The end was the best part. I esp. liked the detail of the insurgent you described.

Comment

Working...
                              X