What the freak is going on?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the freak is going on?!

I'm growing so tired of this game but it's a shame because it often times is fun.

Why on earth is it that I can put 5-6 registered hits on a guy, and they simply drop prone and BOOM. I'm dead. Everytime, any range, any person, I shoot them several times, the hits register, they can even be prone facing me. Do I get a headshot? Nope. Do they die? Nope. I'm sick of getting the jump on a guy, putting controlled bursts into his head/torso, then watching him spin, drop and kill me in half a second. Yes I understand some guys are good, but this happens ALL the time. Example: I'm in karkand, walk around a corner, guy is running at me. I drop prone with the G3, 2 controlled bursts, registered, he's still up, he then drops and smears me...that's just wrong. However it NEVER seems like I survive more than 2 bullets, ever. My ping is 54 and I'm not lagging.

Why does it seem like I'm playing war with a BB gun???

Re: What the freak is going on?!

^^^ thats why I stopped playing infantry long time ago

it just doesnt work for some people

some are lucky and get good hit registration

Comment

Heh ironically enough, the "fun" parts I mentioned were vehicles, particularly tank. I still need to get a joystick to take jet seriously but I love tanks. But this infantry stuff is getting me down. But what I don't get is, I've heard its a common problem, but why when int he game, does it only seem to happen to me.

Comment

Your ping has a major influence on your shot registration, so you might want to take a glance at it. Remember that any ping over 60, to some degree, even in milliseconds, will have some shot lag registration. A ping over 90 and you're pushing it. For me, I get good shot registration and ping especially on prone one-on-one instant gun battles. Battlefield 2's netcode seems to do a little better then the rest of the modern shooters that are coming out for the PC, like Counter-Strike: Source which can have erratic and poor shot registration for people over the ping of 90.

Comment

my ping hangs around 55-58 and mine is fine.

Comment

Happens to me often. Today in kubra dam i had a guy at no more than 50m away I had the L96A1. Dead on head shot. He was also a sniper. He took the hit then dropped to a prone position and offed me with the pistol.

Comment

If your ping is below 100 aim behind the target if they are moving side by side in your view; above 100 lead them, it's the interpolation time put in to give people with worse PC's/internet a "smooth" game...screws up everyone just most have figured out how to adapt to it, my suggestion is get on a server with a friend and figure out where it is best to shoot this way you can use this on a full server.

Comment

To the topic creator. That guy you found running at you around the corner might have saw you before you saw him due to ping. You might have THOUGHT YOU shot first but in reality he shot first. ALmost like when I encounter a lone soldier at a flag just sitting there not moving. I can walk into his field of vision and still have a second or two before he can even see me, even if he is looking in my direction.
                So if your capping a flag, never stay still always bob back and forth.

Comment

I've heard this complaint, and I've had this complaint a zillion times. Ping, lag, hit-box latency, you hear all that stuff, ...even so, I really don't have a real reason for it and have no fix. I play in a server, =V=, and in it, I get a ping of 10 (I think its in Portland), but for me, the hit registration sucks. I play in other servers, with much higher pings, and hits register great ...shocking even. So, whats that tell you? Today, I was in a server, and in the first round, I was going 'Oh yeah, great registration..I am lovin this!' Went 29 and 8. Then in the next round, changed sides, and where the hey did the registration go? ...couldn't get hardly anything, it was like two different people playing. I've had good registration in UK servers, with a ping of 150. Overall, I've given up trying to figure it out. I can tell in the first two minutes if the registration is good or not, and I'll play, regardless of ping, if the registration is good.

Comment

So true^^^ I have experienced all that and it is quite odd if I may say so myself.

Sometimes superior tactics solve these problems though. I won't go into detail but if you can try your best to see your enemy first before they see you its usually in the bag. Esp. if you can line up upper body shots.

Comment

To the OP,

Maybe you should just continue collecting stamps and reading comic books.

Comment

Originally posted by [AH1z]Predrag View Post
                        ^^^ thats why I stopped playing infantry long time ago

it just doesnt work for some people

some are lucky and get good hit registration
                        Motherf*cking DOT.

That's why I made the helicopter my home.

Comment

I've had pings of 100+ on non IO servers with no lag, and regular hit detection. There's a bug which makes it play like **** for some players, a lot of players, apparently.

DICE probably doesn't even know how to fix it...

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                            Motherf*cking DOT.

That's why I made the helicopter my home.
                            true lol :nod:

Comment

This happens to me all the time, but I have to say I have done it to others on occasion. A couple of days ago someone lit me up, I took several hits and was almost dead, and then I got off a burst and he dropped instantly. I know he must have been saying WTF?!?. I dont cheat at all but I know that player must have wondered. I wonder myself especially when the same guy always kills me.

Comment

Working...
                              X