Tampa Map - your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tampa Map - your thoughts

What are your thoughts on the new map? Here's mine...

It is like they took the worst aspects of each map and put them all into one just to F*** with us. The lighting is crap like Jalalabad, it is too flat like Zatar, and the only way to get anything done is to form armor columns and whore it up like in Operation Harvest. Also, each outpost is a flag and a bale of hay making frag spamming as effective as it is in Karkand. And THEN they have the nerve to put jets in the map so you seem to be randomly selected to die without warning like in Gulf of Oman and Daqing Oil Fields. Plus we get the pleasure of being told by the billboards that buying an Intel Core 2 Duo will make the lag go away.

Sorry, this turned into a bit of a rant but this map is terribly designed.

Re: Tampa Map - your thoughts

Yeah its pretty boring, but having squads of armour is fun, more like a real big battlefield

Comment

What map mate ?
      Have I missed something :cry:

Comment

My thoughts? I think it is a poor attempt from DICE to save face in spite of the recent rumors of no continued support.

Comment

I enjoy Jalalabad, but not this new one im afraid. I would like to see some more urban maps to be honest.

Comment

As I said dozens of times, it needs attack helos.

Comment

why does the upper right corner of this map scream "CARRIER" at me? (and not in a good way) ive only played the map for about 10 minutes. ive got one question- the boat spawnpoints- whhhyyy? there so far away from any outpost except refinery and even then only for the USMC, and if you take your boat around the land to any other outpost your just inviting a strafing run. also anyone notice that if you rotate the map 90 degrees then is just gulf of oman with out the carrier and the airfield in a different place? the outpost layout is exactly the same with different terrain. at least it doesnt have uncaps and attack helos (yet)

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco View Post
                As I said dozens of times, it needs attack helos.
                That wouldn't work b/c the outposts aren't complicated enough (i.e. they are too sparse). It would be too easy to whore and no one would want to be on the ground.

Comment

Ive been gone for a few days did they release a new patch?

Comment

Look at the main page...

Comment

Definitely needs helos. And about the boats...... that was a laugh and a half when I had to walk 400... it looked so much closer on the minimap! Zatar is much funner imo. (having only 1 helo blows, but makes it fun in the center!)

Comment

no attack choppers

it would make a bad map worse.

we need an aberdeen/easting style map.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty
                          Look at the main page...
                          Ta

Comment

That map reminds me of the good ol' 1942 days. It needs attack helos and a bomber jet for each side. Make the airfields uncaps, all I've been doing on Tampa is getting raped waiting for the jet.

Comment

All in all its not a bad map, it feels a lot like the USI mods maps a very open desert setting, i however do not see it ever becoming one of the most played maps...

Comment

Working...
                              X