Escape: A Tribute mod to the film Escape from New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escape: A Tribute mod to the film Escape from New York

Hello, I'm |D|-Jaws from the Dissidents.

I am recruiting for a one map mod, called Escape. As the title says, it will be a tribute mod to the film, Escape From New York.

The idea behind the mod is to mirror the theme of the movie.

There will be two sides....United States Police Force vs. Prisoners. The classes to each will also mirror the inhabitants of the movie. For example, within the Prisoners, there will be the Duke of New Yorks Posse, Punks, and The Crazies. USPF's will be broken down into standard Police ranks.

The main characters of the movie will also be added as single pickup kits. So at the start of a round for example, on the USPF side, if you pick up the Snake Plissken kit, you will be Snake with some very unique abilities. If you spawn in on the Prisoners side, you could pick up the Duke of New York kit which would also have unique aspects.

With just one map, I want to have 3 game modes. Conquest, Objective and CTF. Conquest would be the standard conquest. Objective would be a push type map with the objective being the Prisoners taking the 69th St. Bridge...while USPF defends against all pushes. The CTF would be Capture the President.

To help minimize the time and work needed to create the mod, I have already created the heightmap of lower Manhattan along with a skybox that includes the New York city skyline. Trying to model the Twin Towers would be too much and would probably break the poly count and cause lag. I pretty much have everything all figured out when it comes to vehicles and weapons as well.

The following teaser poster includes the skybox:

So with that, I will be handling most of the mapping but I will need all the standard folks to fill in the vacancies. So if you are interested in creating a one map mod, then pleasse drop me a PM here. Will definitely need modelers, skinners, texture artists, python coders, etc.

I notice after many hours of playing BF2, that most people love maps like Karkand and Jalalabad. Why not create one very well done map that people love to play instead of a whole bunch of maps that would take forever to produce?

Out for now and if you are interested, please drop me a PM. Thanks for your time.

Jaws

Re: Escape: A Tribute mod to the film Escape from New York

prisoners attacking the police......sorry to say but the idea seems lame. prisoners have virtually no weapons....police have them all. prisoners in humongous armies attacking police? where the hell is the national guard?

prisoner riots can easily be suppressed...think out the mod more.

Comment

Originally posted by cfschris View Post
      prisoners attacking the police......sorry to say but the idea seems lame. prisoners have virtually no weapons....police have them all. prisoners in humongous armies attacking police? where the hell is the national guard?

prisoner riots can easily be suppressed...think out the mod more.
      Negative. Have you ever seen the movie? The National Guard???????? Have you ever seen the movie because it sounds like you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The entire island of Manhattan is transformed into a Maximum Security Prison and what you find on the inside is yours...including all the damn weapons.

So I fail to see your very flawed logic because again, I don't think you have ever seen the movie.

If you could, please delete your post. I will delete mine.

Comment

Sounds KICK ***, I Love the Idea, Cops VS Prisoners, Never seen movie. You might want to base it on Cops VS prisoners and not anything else. Just a Suggestion, Dont get mad.

No Offense but dont have to kit thing, it wont work, and the mod will blow.

Just Do it like Cops VS prisoners and have em Square off Inside a Prison and city.

You could make the Prison cool, with Tunnels, Towers, Cells, etc.

Comment

If you could make it where the prisoners start out with no weapons, and have to find the pickup kits scattered around the island, that would be awsome

Comment

That Too.

Comment

That is great. I loved the movie in germany it's called Klapperschlange(Rattlesnake). I could support you with beta testing, anyway good luck with it.

Comment

good luck with your project Jaws
                the 'escape' movies are some of my favorites

how about 2 maps tho?
                New York & Los Angeles?
                (the sequel took place in LA fyi for those who are unfamiliar with the movies)

Comment

Do you like Escape from LA?

Nothing against Carpenter, but that movie was bad. EfNY was and is very great and part two can't compete with it.

Comment

I thought they both had thier merits and where both slight variations on the main plot points.

eg, instead of the president, its his daughter,
                    snake getting poisoned in both as a motivation to go in,
                    also sent in to retrieve vital intel/object in both movies,
                    and at the end of both he double crosses everyone..

i consider them a "variation on a theme"

Comment

Yes I know, but that's why part 2 loses against part 1. Part1 is simply in everything better and the effects in part 2 are verys bad.

Comment

It sounds like a rather interesting idea, though why make it a one map mod if you don't mind me asking? The reason i ask is that you could make alot of maps based on New York or even having an extension to LA in some way though i think it is an awesome idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidrain View Post
                          It sounds like a rather interesting idea, though why make it a one map mod if you don't mind me asking? The reason i ask is that you could make alot of maps based on New York or even having an extension to LA in some way though i think it is an awesome idea.
                          TBH, one map cuts down on development time and as you can tell, most mods don't do well because they take very long to create and thus lose the hype that surrounds them. Also, statistically speaking....only half of the Vanilla BF2 maps get played and out of those, only two receive serious attention, Karkand and Jalalabad. If you have one great map....with the right content and statics, it should work for the majority of people. Having one large map with different game modes allows for diversity.

Comment

What a great idea

At what stage are you at now with the project?

Comment

Working...
                            X