No one chats in BF2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one chats in BF2.

Want to know what I hate about this game.... its something super simple, but could easily be fixed.

No one ever chats. In counter-strike its nice to say things like "wow, that was really cool" or meet people online that are cool and stuff.

No one chats in BF2 because the second you type something, it will dissappear, because whenever someone says "I need ammo" or "roger that" or "enemy spotted" it appears in the chat window. So this makes your text that you typed, appear in a big jumble of other words, that no one ever reads.

So here is how we resolve this. One of two ways.

#1. Have a sperate area where text chat goes. So people can actually talk to each other, and have a good time conversing in the game, and forming extra strategies. (not everyone has, or likes to use a microphone).

#2. Don't display the annoying text that we hear anyways. I already here constantly "Give me a ride" or "I need a medic here", 24/7, so do I really have to read it constantly too?

Lets try to clean up the interface a bit EA/Dice. At the present its a little messy with a lot of things on the screen which dont need to be there.

Re: No one chats in BF2.

#2. Don't display the annoying text that we hear anyways. I already here constantly "Give me a ride" or "I need a medic here", 24/7, so do I really have to read it constantly too?
    Bad idea. If you actually WANT to pick someone up, you have to know who yelled it, right?

EDIT: On topic, get off Karkand, you wont get your screen spammed with "Get first aid, here!" or "Ammo, here!" messages.

Comment

I choose #2

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
        Bad idea. If you actually WANT to pick someone up, you have to know who yelled it, right?

EDIT: On topic, get off Karkand, you wont get your screen spammed with "Get first aid, here!" or "Ammo, here!" messages.
        There can be a way to implement that without having to have the text in the chat area.

FPS's are always known to be very fun because you game with your friends or people online, and chat. Remember the old quake days? How the word pwned came about. Or how about those stories of people meeting their wifes on games of counter-strike, unreal etc.

How can battlefield not having text chatting? I mean, its there... .but not one uses it....

Also, when a round ends, you cant say anything. Sometimes the round is over, and the game was soooo close, like 1 ticket difference. I would liek to type "gg" or "good game" or "wow close game'" or whatever, but they tottaly elimate the ability to type when your reading the screen "USMC has won the match".

Comment

I chat a lot because I just like meeting new people to play against, but whenever I chat my message is met with:
          A ton of "Get ammo here!" spam.
          Some fracktards saying "Shut up and play".
          But I have met some pretty cool people in BF2, regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by ActiveMatx
            I agree with #1, but #2 still needs to exist for 2 reasons.
            1) as someone said already, it's nice to know who is making the request
            2) if you're not using English Only, you're most likely not familiar with all the phrases, so you need the text to give you the translation.

Comment

I think we can all agree with this one, but I think the bigger problem is that a whopping majority of battlefield players act like greedy, nasty jerkoffs in game. You know how it is....people are hardly ever nice when it comes to chat. All you see is people arguing and calling each other noobs all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield

or you can look on your hud and see who's flashing.... noobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
                  or you can look on your hud and see who's flashing.... noobs.
                  When is the last time only one person said anything and is the only one flashing?

Comment

Squad VOIP. there ya go.

Comment

I think it is a good idea to have regulr chat and in-game messages in two different areas. But only if it is possible to actually turn either of both off completely from your HUD.

There really is very little reason for the entire team to have to look at one person's personal comments to another person. Similarly, there is very little reason why everyone should hear about someone dropping ammo and medic supplies - they should only be voices that could be heard in-game by those close enough. It's not like every soldier walks aroudn with a Bluetooth PDA and types that stuff in a chat-window in the real world anway..lol.

Give people the choice whether they want to have to see all this texting or not and then the most people will be happy.

Cheers :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Slacker317
                        When is the last time only one person said anything and is the only one flashing?
                        LOL

Zefram < intelligence

pwnz0rized, idiot.

Comment

LahLahSr, has pretty much rapped it up well. Give us the choice. But make the default, the way I have mentioned.

Comment

No one chats anyways. Just a rapid exchange of pointless insults from both teams in game. You don't need strategy to play this game. You don't need communication to play this game. Everyone just charges forward to the nearest enemy flag, like ants to smoked ham with thick syrup glaze.

Comment

Originally posted by PluckyX24
                              smoked ham with thick syrup glaze.
                              Mmmmmmmm.

On topic... who has time to type messages in-game? I barely have time to type anything unless I'm dead, or it's a really boring game like Zatar 64 slot with 20 players.

The simplest soultion would be, as you said, to make a separate chat display for typed messages. And I'll agree, it'd be nice to enable/disable the two chat displays. But we don't need them to go messing around with BF2 anymore. Next thing you know, they'll add a the dual text displays, and sneak in some other unwanted "feature."

I might suggest a microphone headset though... they aren't that expensive.

Just look for the flashing icon on the HUD... classic! :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X