Need advice on cmos battery drain....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on cmos battery drain....

Hey Guys...look to my specs to see the components of my computer build...I have been having some issues with the Mobo battery draining till I lose Cmos date about every 3-4 weeks... I have just replaced it for the 4th time and up until now I thought that maybe because I bought the Fatal1ty board which was made a few years back that the battery was just old...had another older board and swapped batteries and same thing....

I have the Fatal1ty Uguru panel which has an LED panel that will usuall stay lit after computer shutdown,which can be turned off manually.... I also have a keyboard with the numbers lock light staying on at all times, (?) which the manual doesn't detail at all (usb connection)... when the computer is turned off do these peripherals draw power from the psu even though its turned off or is this my problem or do I need a new board? any suggestions guys?

Thanks for your advice as always...

Re: Need advice on cmos battery drain....

probably your PSU. Looks like its not being charged. Try out with a different PSU.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.... do you think that the QCZ is not outputing the correct voltage to the CPU connection or somewhere else? Voltage's seem to check out in bios.....this is a brand new CPU....hmmm

I mean PSU

Comment

I believe that when your computer is running, the power from the motherboard charges the CMOS battery so that it doesn't run out when turned off (and i mean doesn't run out fr years). So there is clearly a problem whereby it is not being recharged.
        If i were you, i would try changing the mobo and then the PSU to see if there is any difference. Report back on what you have found.

Comment

Buy new battery to your CMOS. It isn't rechargeble.
          And your PSU isn't broken. Just disable from Bios "USB wake up" or something like that - thats keep your USB ports all the time powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Binks527 View Post
            I have just replaced it for the 4th time...
            Why would buying another battery help?

Any yes, they are rechargeable.

and when USB wake up, Wake on LAN etc... is on, the power comes from the PSU, not the CMOS battery.

Comment

Working...
            X