Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hiding Online Status

Originally posted by troybob
    Let's say my.....uh.....friend is working from home. He's doing some work when all of a sudden something breaks that is not part of his control. The data center is dispatched and they begin work. My....uh....friend is stuck in his work until they call him.

My......uh...friend likes to play battlefield and is resisting playing while he's on the clock. One reason is that his team-lead plus several others at his work play bf and just might check his stats and notice that he's online during work hours.

How can I......crap i mean.....my friend hide his online status?
    New account....don't let your...I mean his boss know what the name.

Or you can always setup something up on the router that when he goes to the web page to check your...I mean his stats you...damn it...he can redirect it to another web page you setup privious that has yours...I mean his stats showing off line.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT_STD
      You and Greg are hereby sentenced by the Round Police to fifteen lashes with a soggy cucumber. Let that be a lesson to you for your square opinion trying to turn us circles into hexagons!
      Commit another square crime and I'm cutting one of your corners off mister! Then we'll see how you like being a triangle!:evil:
      Hehehe what a bright light in this rather dark thread
      g1

Originally posted by Holle
      Or you can always setup something up on the router that when he goes to the web page to check your...I mean his stats you...damn it...he can redirect it to another web page you setup privious that has yours...I mean his stats showing off line.
      Now that would be a reason to fire one
      Setup some redirects to a server where you host a small internal (delayed) mirror of BFHQ just for your boss - on your bosse's router - guess he'll be very happy when he finds out

Comment

You and Greg are hereby sentenced by the Round Police to fifteen lashes with a soggy cucumber. Let that be a lesson to you for your square opinion trying to turn us circles into hexagons!
        Commit another square crime and I'm cutting one of your corners off mister! Then we'll see how you like being a triangle!:evil:
        Right...

Either share the acid or explain the trip.

Comment

I think it is rather genious

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl
            Right...

Either share the acid or explain the trip.
            Well I have acid whenever I do the pastrami on rye. Pizza too sometimes.
            And the trip was wonderful, thanks. Had to take out a third mortgage to pay for the gas and the weather was a little hairy. Anyway aunt Nelly and the twins say hi and and uncle Maurice asked if you would return his leather thong.

Comment

I guess the self righteous posters in this thread have never called in sick when they weren't really sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl
                You are everything that is wrong with America. Here's hoping this thread manages it's way into your bosses inbox.
                what's your problem anyways? You don't even know how much I make vs. market salary. I get paid diddly.

Comment

Well I have acid whenever I do the pastrami on rye. Pizza too sometimes.
                  And the trip was wonderful, thanks. Had to take out a third mortgage to pay for the gas and the weather was a little hairy. Anyway aunt Nelly and the twins say hi and and uncle Maurice asked if you would return his leather thong.

Comment

Originally posted by >mace< war_mouth
                    Greg, chill out.
                    salaried employees get no overtime, are on call ALL the time, and rarely get perks such as described above.
                    I am a business owner, and have 14 people under me doing various tasks at any given time. Several of them game, others browse ebay, still others read/eat/talk on the phone, and I have no problem with it. My people are motivated and happy, and they put the job first. I have very low turnover (highly unusual in my business) and consistently post better results each year. Part of this is because I don't care what they do on their own time, provided that the job gets done. If I come by and they're shooting MEC planes out of the sky, I know it's because they've already finished everything that was required of them that day and/or are waiting for someone to get back to them. Trust fosters trust fosters performance fosters morale. I'm hella glad you're not my boss...
                    hey - that is COOL - you ALLOW it
                    so did I - we made REAL flight simulators and allowed them to fly whenever they wanted
                    but the OP here said he wanted to HIDE his play time
                    ergo - playing is NOT one of his perks
                    get the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
                      loyalty = he pays you money = you WORK on HIS time, Not Play = simple
                      That doesn't mean he deserves loyalty. That means you try not to get caught because of the consequences; not the same thing as loyalty. Should slaves be loyal to their owner just because maybe they have the option to change owners or starve to death? Again, not every person or company is like this but I think many if not the majority of workers have this mindset because they don't see any sign of their boss/company being loyal to them. (I happen to have some loyalty at least to my immediate bosses because I enjoy my job and my bosses have shown loyalty to me.)

Comment

Working...
                      X