Why are Battle options so few???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are Battle options so few???

I'm still kind of new...only about a year...on and off...but when I 1st got the game (BF2) and started playing online...the list of "Battles" that I could enter and play was something like 500-700 long....then it dropped to 100 now it is down to 4 to maybe 10....why?? I haven't changed any "filters"...I did try to download one of the expansion packs...but did not seem to work....can anyone help?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Why are Battle options so few???

You might be running a very old patch. Upgrade to the newest patch (1.41 full). You can find it on any bf2 site.

Comment

Guarantee that's what it is. My filters include ranked, medium maps, large maps, not full and there are on average 470 servers.

On a side note, any one have any idea how long these BF2 servers will continue to run? How many years after the game releases do server stick around?

I may have to go outside if they ever shut them down. NOO!

Comment

They'll be running as long time as there are players to populate them.

Comment

What we have here, BF2, is a real gold mine, just like CS 1.6/HL1. It's a shame EA just utterly killed it beyond recognition, because if Valve took this game on, it's a guarantee that it'll be lasting for some 10 years and have some 12000+ servers.

Comment

Update your patch, the only thing that will keep this game going for a long time is the mods

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike
              What we have here, BF2, is a real gold mine, just like CS 1.6/HL1. It's a shame EA just utterly killed it beyond recognition, because if Valve took this game on, it's a guarantee that it'll be lasting for some 10 years and have some 12000+ servers.
              :cry: As sad as it is, its true. Good effin job EA u fuqqs.

Comment

depending on the time of day I find anywhere from 500-1000
                update via ea link maybe? You need the 1.41 patch =)

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike
                  Once again you hijack a perfectly normal thread with your useless "hate EA" crap.

If you feel so angry with EA why don't you just stop playing games from EA (and LEAVE this forum!) and go for WoW?

Comment

servers are disappearing like crazy!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52 View Post
                      Once again you hijack a perfectly normal thread with your useless "hate EA" crap.

If you feel so angry with EA why don't you just stop playing games from EA (and LEAVE this forum!) and go for WoW?
                      Your post has been addressed before.

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION! IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

But seriously, where am I saying I hate EA?

Are you seriously so blind that you cannot see how EA pretty much welded the coffin doors shut on a gemstone of a game? Valve did it somewhat with CS 1.6 => CS:Source but they waited a good 4-8 years before doing so.

I find it ridiculous that this one-of-a-kind game has only 800 servers every time I hit refresh, and 5000 servers overall.

Comment

Yet even now, the average total of Ranked, Populated servers is below 700.

ITS SAD! it makes me cry. :'(

back in the old days the ranked and populated servers were up in the 5000's.....It still makes me cry. we are the only ones left in the legacy of battlefield 2.....remnants of a dying era....

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
                          Update your patch, the only thing that will keep this game going for a long time is the mods
                          said it in one.

Comment

There will be BF2 servers for years to come. Just like 1942 and BFV have now. Even if it is only 5 or 6 hundred players like BFV. There will be two or three servers with over twenty people for years to come. I say at least three more years if not more.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                              I find it ridiculous that this one-of-a-kind game has only 800 servers every time I hit refresh, and 5000 servers overall.
                              It's because of your filters. I hoped you'd realize that by yourself but it does not seem like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X