Medic revive 'script' in action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medic revive 'script' in action?

How come in the last few days I'm seeing more and more medics simply running over bodies and reviving them while almost in a full run still?

Even if the revive animation (to crouch, my preference) isn''t playing, the timing still seems to be fast.

Today I was playing on a IO Karkand server (yeah.. garbage) and 2 medics from the CAZ? clan were reviving people 'on the fly'. Literally running over them without skipping a beat, and continuing on to shoot someone. Strange stuff.

I understand that this may not be a 'script' in the traditional sense, but some advanced key-binding function, but it still looks weird.

On a related note, I seem to be getting 1-shot owned by dive proners again (in the sense I am dead before I can even react). I haven't had this problem for several months, now suddenly it seems it's happening again. Maybe it's lag, maybe it isn't.

Re: Medic revive 'script' in action?

As for the divers. Yeah I get that sheet too!
    I would like to see this skimming - reviving action?
    that seems cool!

But I HATE Divers.

Comment

Macro's...

Comment

I hate macros then!!
        I dont know how those work

Comment

It seems to come in waves. Someone finds a new way of doing stuff, you see it occassionaly, then suddenly EVERYONE is doing it. There seems to be a lot of prone divers again. I guess crouch-fire isn't popular anymore.

I've also noticed a trend for supply guys to shoot PKM/RPK while upright now, and getting the kill. Am I also missing something?

I was clueless for a long time that I could snipe just as well standing as when prone... then I really started owning because then I wasn't rooted while shooting. Perhaps I have to discover this with the supply weapons as well. Currently I just crouch prone with the PKM.

Comment

I always revive like that, or I got a lot of time.

Comment

Its..BF2 what do you expect? <<---stay away from ranked, play mods---->

Comment

Originally posted by JTF2_darkloop View Post
                I hate macros then!!
                I dont know how those work

Holy cow. you have been on this forum for a year and never heard the term macro.. I wont go into into it here but search as there are some very long discussions about macros and cheating.

Comment

I guarantee there are a few folks out there are using scripts. I wouldnt be surprised if someone has a revive script. Some folks are good at reviving on the fly and can do it in a split second without hesitation. From my experience playing . . . it doesnt do any good worrying about it anyway.

Because of some issue between EA and Logitech . . . from what I understand . . . scripts / macros are not against the ROE anymore. Correct me if I am wrong here. So it doesnt even matter anymore.

So to answer your question(s) . . .

How come in the last few days I'm seeing more and more medics simply running over bodies and reviving them while almost in a full run still?

Who knows . . .

Is CAZ running something fishy?

Who cares . . .

Sorry to be very blunt about it. We are just small fish buddy. People are going to run whatever 3rd party programs they want and there is nothing we can do about it. Sure we can catch a Lucid every now and then, but thats just a small percentage and they are finding ways around getting caught. So find some buddies you can have a good laugh with on Vent / TS and enjoy what you can in BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty View Post
                    It seems to come in waves. Someone finds a new way of doing stuff, you see it occassionaly, then suddenly EVERYONE is doing it. There seems to be a lot of prone divers again. I guess crouch-fire isn't popular anymore.

I've also noticed a trend for supply guys to shoot PKM/RPK while upright now, and getting the kill. Am I also missing something?

I was clueless for a long time that I could snipe just as well standing as when prone... then I really started owning because then I wasn't rooted while shooting. Perhaps I have to discover this with the supply weapons as well. Currently I just crouch prone with the PKM.
                    Yeah man!!! I dont understand that standing crap. To be honest with you I think its some sorta hack that involves messing with animation.

I remember playing against this guy whos animation would appear to be aiming in the sky but he was actually shooting right at me. It was an awkward sight. The reason I know it wasnt some sort of glitch is because he only looked up after making visual contact with me. He was a sniper using the SVD....I was support......I just finished crossing the water on Karkand heading towards train accident. We see each other....he looks toward the sky and begins firing....I hesitate for a moment like wtf?....only to realise that Im taking damage. Luckily my armor saved me and I was able to plug him full of lead before he got me.

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty View Post

Even if the revive animation (to crouch, my preference) isn''t playing, the timing still seems to be fast.

Today I was playing on a IO Karkand server (yeah.. garbage) and 2 medics from the CAZ? clan were reviving people 'on the fly'. Literally running over them without skipping a beat, and continuing on to shoot someone. Strange stuff.
                      LIES! Medics suck *** to much and are too busy being "Teh uberl33t pr0z" with their G36Es and bunny hopping to rez! Blasphemy

Comment

Why does it have to be a macro?

The defribulator has a long range.

I prefer to crouch though. If I don't have the time or feel safe enough to do that, then I don't revive the guy. I fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
                          I always revive like that, or I got a lot of time.
                          ur sig always gets my eye coz of my country's flag in it

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski View Post
                            Why does it have to be a macro?

The defribulator has a long range.

I prefer to crouch though. If I don't have the time or feel safe enough to do that, then I don't revive the guy. I fight.
                            Because if you actually read my OP, I stated "the crouch or dive animation was not played". It's fine if it happens once, but if you see it 3 times in a row (With the same guy) something is up. He literally did not stop. He walked over the target and the target was rezzed.

I'm on my last rope with this absurd game anyway. It's getting more absurd each day I play it.

Sigh, to return to the day I first played the Oman demo and "wow! this is awesome!"

Now my rounds are spent more like "WTF?" "What the hell just happened?" "How did he..." "OMFG! BS!" lol

Comment

Yeh I died this morning and the guy didn't even have his bipod pulled out on his PK yet. I was like WTF!?!?!?!? How did I die and he doesn't even have his gun ready yet. I looked too. It was with a PK and that was the guy's name that shot me.

Comment

Working...
                              X