Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Is BF2 Laggy After 1.41 Patch Install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why Is BF2 Laggy After 1.41 Patch Install?

Originally posted by Antz.
    thx blade jus d/l one now

i done all that with the defrag and driversa now i have 9 gig free space is that enuf?

i have still got some lagg tho.... any other suggestions?

any other suggestions?

9gb free would be ok if ur using a 40gb HD but if its a bigger harddrive then it needs more free space.

help me out and right click on youre harddrive go to properties and then tools ,load windows defrag and tell me how much space you have left(in % plz)

it should be around 20% or more.

also try uninstalling bf2 then re install followed by patch,then run defrag straight after.

you may need lower setting in bf2 gfx options(good to try all low 1st and see if it helps)

would be easier for me to help if you gave me the spec of ur cpu,gfx card ect,oh and hardrive size

example.
    i have
    amd 64 4200x2
    2gb ram
    7600gt gfx
    160gb hd (main bf2 on this)
    120 gb(spare collect stuff here )

load times 30 seconds,lag/stutter none.

keeping you're hardrive defraged is essential to keeping ur pc running clean and fast.

not to mention spyware and viruses,

personally i use kaspersky anti-virus and zonealarm pro firewall to keep nasty s away,and spybot1.4 for addware.

i don't mean to sound like i flaming ,as everyone learns there way.

but that stuff is basic for smooth game play.

anyway's if bf2 ran ok before then the pc should be ok to continue to run it,as long as it kept defraged ect.

p.s what defrag program did u use?

if was the one i recommended (DiskTrix Ultimate defrag)then run the fraged files only 1st when finished run,consolidate but click options and tick all boxes(note this can take a while) longer it takes = the more it needs it

hope this helps

Comment

thanks,

its only a 20gb and ive got a 40gb d drive and only 1 hdd in my computer, is that right? how would i switch them over and can you please tell me the site for sisctrix i cant find it on google,

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Antz. View Post
        thanks,

its only a 20gb and ive got a 40gb d drive and only 1 hdd in my computer, is that right? how would i switch them over and can you please tell me the site for sisctrix i cant find it on google,

thanks
        Creator of UltimateDefrag, hands down, the world's most powerful defragmentation software.

Creator of UltimateDefrag, hands down, the world's most powerful defragmentation software.

u can use the trial for 30 days,should be ok to get you sorted.

when u install the app to click the fraged files only box,when this is done run the app again but this time click consolidate(make sure u click options 1st and tick all the boxes)

this one takes a while but it will put all youre files in order.
        its got a easy to use interface,i think you will like

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
          X