Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Is BF2 Laggy After 1.41 Patch Install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Is BF2 Laggy After 1.41 Patch Install?

My mate installed the 1.41 patch on his computer and bf2 was running fine now its laggy as anything does anyone no y? thanks

Re: Why Is BF2 Laggy After 1.41 Patch Install?

Run the defrag and make sure his HDD isn't full.

Comment

hey Antz, where is your mate from, if he's near you then its probably your internet connection, and if he IS near you........why did Red have to send you the patch LOL why didnt you get it from him

Comment

no cd writer, his hdd is nearly full and he wants to transfeer everything to his d drive how does he do that?

Comment

If your patching from playing 1.0 or anything below 1.12 their is a massive performance drop. Blame Dice.

Comment

Gun Slinger, I think you have misunderstood the whole CD thing. I didnt have to send a CD he just asked if someone would and so I said I would. Unlike some here I usually try and help when I can, which isnt often, in whatever way I can. (BF2 related of course) Isnt that what this forum is for, to help and get help. . . . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

As enigma stated, game performance has degraded from earlier versions (or computer requirements have increased).

Comment

Red, I understand the CD thing totally.........if you look back at all his posts about it, it was my idea

I was just honest and told him I couldnt do it because Im a prick LOL

but the way he talked in all his previous posts, he made it sound like there was NO way to get the patch, when in fact he has a friend near him that has it who SUPPOSEDLY doesnt have a cd writer?? come on ffs if your pc is that freakin old that you cant write cds then it sure as hell wont run BF2.....thats why he's getting lag
                also his HD is nearly full?? so full that it cant hold the patch for 2 minutes until its transfered to disk?

my advice to you Antz, and your "mate"
                either get a new pc or update that dinosaur you have, and definetly look into ALL your other options for internet connection, that appears to be a big problem for you

Comment

has it ever occured to you that his friend may have a custom computer and never bothered to buy a cd drive that can write cd's? or maybe it broke from pirating one to many movies?

there's tons of reasons why his friend couldnt do it and all you do is cause more conflict
                  good job

Comment

maybe, but it all seems suspect to me

Comment

... nvm about it if all your going to do is flame

Comment

Originally posted by Antz. View Post
                        My mate installed the 1.41 patch on his computer and bf2 was running fine now its laggy as anything does anyone no y? thanks
                        so from what i have read from the quote above,bf2 was working on you're friends cpu.

but now its lagging.

allow me to help(well try at least.)

when u say lag do you mean

A.high ping or B.stuttering frame rate.

if the answer is A then its Internet connection related.

try http://www.speedtest.net/ and post upload speed results.

if the answer is B. then im sure it full to the max with data and pices of the bf2 game are all over the place(fraged)

this will need a defrag of the harddrive.

windows defrag sucks.

i use DiskTrix ultimate defrag personaly,but there are others.

if windows is all ur freind has then get him to run it about 5 times untill all the red is gone.

note you can not defrag unless you have 15% of free space left.
                        so he may have to uninstall some things.

this should stop the lag.

oh get him to check his gfx as patching put all bf2 on medium,i dont no what cpu you're friend has but if it old then i doubt it will handle medium lighting and shadows.

there a few essential things to give to you're friend.

p.s as you don't know the info yourself(you would of told you're friend if you did )

you may want to use it yourself.

peace.

Comment

Gun Slinger, I stand corrected, thank you. I often feel like Im way out in left field by myself. I guess that I took your post wrong and that I am really out there by myself. LOL. Does that mean that I need more help than I thought I did? Probably so. . . . . . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

ea the only company that makes upgrades......downgrades

Comment

thx blade jus d/l one now

i done all that with the defrag and driversa now i have 9 gig free space is that enuf?

i have still got some lagg tho.... any other suggestions?

any other suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                              X