Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with Helicopter

Originally posted by Bob_Is_Scary View Post
    Lol Thanks predrag and sloi. Predrag I assume you are predrag1 on youtube, are you talking about the 32 player DMOC dalian server. I play there sometimes...

Cheers

P.S. Sloi how come you never visit secretsofbattlefield anymore?
    yea thats my account on youtube, dont have too many vids on there, most are ion gametrailers, DMOC is not as busy as it used to be, CB dalian plant is a good place for chopper whorin now

Comment

Lol Thanks predrag and sloi. Predrag I assume you are predrag1 on youtube, are you talking about the 32 player DMOC dalian server. I play there sometimes...

Cheers

P.S. Sloi how come you never visit secretsofbattlefield anymore?
      You mean the game server? I'm in Iqaluit with a sh*tty net connection. Otherwise, I'd still be playing every night.

Comment

Work on a single player for the purpose of learning to fly. Be able to hover, turn level, flat turns, barrel rolls, land, stop on a pad, and slide. Practice this until its easy. Then find a friend, and learn to dodge or stay alive. I learned on a private, unranked server, by myself (and I fly ONLY with the keyboard ..go with what works for you). Try flying through buildings, landing on cranes, difficult manuvers and with different helos. Do this until you know you have it. Then go and fly some gunners around, make staying alive your #1 priority. Learn to setup shots and avoid opposition. When you have all that down, then start all over, only with TV missles. Oh and btw, this requires lots and lots of practice ...GLHF :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
          You mean the game server? I'm in Iqaluit with a sh*tty net connection. Otherwise, I'd still be playing every night.
          I meant the forum, you have a guide posted on our site dude.

Cheers

Comment

Helicopter pilots are awesome (hats off to you champs), theyve made ****load of tutorial, ownage and presentation videos, all available at Youtube.com. Then, some folks even go as far as write up walls of text on "how to own in a chopper" and else. All you need to do is fly the sucker a little, see where you lack, then come here and search specifically. Easy as pie. I have yet to ask for any help in these forums because I love Lady Searchy so damn much!

First things first. You dont own because you read much, you own because youve flown much.

Comment

For searching the forum, use the advanced search and narrow your choices. you got to make sure you search for the right words. Not too many not too few.

If this still doesn't work you can use google advanced search and limit the "Domain" to only totalbf2.com and do it that way.

Search youtube, there are many training videos.

Comment

I meant the forum, you have a guide posted on our site dude.

Cheers
                Yeah, I know.

When Yancey and Nat started playing Eve, they kind of left BF2 and SOB behind. I just kept pubbing and playing with my clan in the meantime: I waited for them to get out of that phase, but they stuck to it.

Comment

Originally posted by AncientSerpent3 View Post
                  Added you to Xfire.

DingDong's right, can't go wrong with a joystick. Forget about trying to fly with a mouse.
                  i have a walmart special joystick , 19.95 i think & its great, gotta manually enter they keys in option, but thats not hard. its a saitek st290pro

even with joystick i found life got easier for me when i set the sensitivity on pitch & yaw in the control options

over:salute:

Comment

The guy asked a simple question. He didnt ask you to throw up this search feature BS at him.
                    And in response to his question fly low and remember your flares(countermeasures).Good luck to ya,
                    The MASSIVE1

Comment

Originally posted by ToddMassive1 View Post
                      The guy asked a simple question. He didnt ask you to throw up this search feature BS at him.
                      And in response to his question fly low and remember your flares(countermeasures).Good luck to ya,
                      The MASSIVE1
                      Which is exactly the point, the answer isnt simple. Theres more to a helicopter that how to take off. Nobody wants to write a wall of text here when all he has to do is search.

Comment

Pretty much.

The problem with teaching anyone how to manipulate a chopper in BF2 is that no matter how well you present the lessons, ultimately, the player WILL have to put in the time and effort to fly properly. A lot of it comes with experience, also known as trial and error...

There's a damn good reason I started my heli guide at the point a player is comfortable with the heli's movement. :P

Snippet:

My initial vision for this guide included an exact description of the core moves every pilot should possess in order to perform everything that was to follow, but it appears that I may have suffered delusions of grandeur or at the very least, overconfidence in my ability to convey this knowledge. As a result, I will simply assume that my readership is already well acquainted with the birds to the point where they can fly low (sub 40), turn rapidly and move with intent at all times.

Comment

Check out my thread, I train people in flying jets and choppers often.
                          just search in the forums
                          "Giving Basic Flight Lessons"

there might be a FREE in between giving and basic, just whatever

Comment

Honestly, there isnt a simple trick or procedure to get great at flying or gunning in the chopper. It just takes practice.

There is, however, a really easy way to get yourself some good practice time in. Play in single player mode. Practice flying around and firing your missiles. It will also help teach you how to avoid some AA (by using ground cover and flares). You can kick the AI out of the chopper or get near it and ask for a ride. If its on the ground they will let you get into whichever seat you want. Then tell him to bail out and its all yours. Too bad multiplayer isnt that friendly. What it wont do is teach you good air-to-air tactics.

To practice with the TV's in single player. Go park the chopper on a building somewhere, change seats and practice away.

This will help get your foot in the door.

To improve beyond this I would pub in some moderatly populated servers (increase the odds of you getting into a chopper and it wont upset your team so much when you waste their aircraft by dying often). If you want to learn some good flight tactics then I suggest you practice gunning a lot. Then sit on the helipad and wait for a pilot to taxi you around. You can learn quite a bit by watching them fly. I mention becomming a good gunner first so that you dont frustrate your pilot by being a crap gunner. If you suck bad enough you may find yourself redlined. Or you could just follow a pilot around via the death camera. I find myself watching great pilots from this view a lot to learn some new tactics.

Random tip . . .
                            Whatever input device you use, crank up the sensitivity as high as you can handle it. Then slowly keep increasing it until you reach the max sensitivity.

Comment

First of, thanks for telling me to search youtube whoever said that. ArmyDoctor has some sweet vids.
                              I probably should have searched around b4 I gave up and made a new thread However I am not sure it terribly hurt any of you who whined about me needing to search.
                              Also, Sloi I watched your vids and reread your guide. Great ****.
                              Finally, when ArmyDoctor talks about avoid enemy choppers close up he talks about holding roll one way and steer another. Is this what you do so that you do not tip over? Or, is there a better way to survive missile onslaughts close up

Cheers

Comment

ArmyDocs helo dogfight concept is outdated. Its still useful but helo ATA is of different kind now.

You have yet to appreciate the fact that helo ownage is a very wide and broad subject, otherwise you wouldnt have mocked the ones who gave you "searcg" advice

Comment

Working...
                                X