Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the level of teamwork in a clan match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the level of teamwork in a clan match?

I've been wondering if it's a good move for me to join a clan and play on private servers and tournaments even if they are stock only because supposedly they have better teamwork to the degree (im not sure of this I just heard of it) where they actaully respond to a text air support request whether they are in jet or chopper.

can anyone who has been in these matches tell me more?

Re: What is the level of teamwork in a clan match?

Yer it takes quite a lot of prep to do a clan match. The list is huge in what you have to prepare for. E.g. every player must know what their job is, every player must know which place they have to defend or attack etc etc.

Surely, all i've seen you do is camp airfields with the M95...Teamwork?

Comment

Standard 8v8 format matches are played on 16 player maps. As with 5v5. I'm not sure if anyone does the larger formats(12v12 etc) anymore.

Not only is the level of teamwork upped, but so is the level of skill. You're playing against a coordinated team, so unless they're total baddies, you better be ready for some serious sh!t.

That's why everyone hates pub videos.

Take Duck & Cover for example. If Redux were some random scrub and all those kills were made in pubs, no one would care about the movie. But all the clips were from match play against some of the top teams in Europe. Anyone can make 3 or 4 kills in a row in a Pub, but a random Public Joe would never be able to do that against teams like STO, warchild, x6, dynamic, etc.

Make your decision wisely...are you gonna waste time with a crap team, or are you gonna dedicate yourself to it and get better?

Originally posted by Oli View Post
      Yer it takes quite a lot of prep to do a clan match. The list is huge in what you have to prepare for. E.g. every player must know what their job is, every player must know which place they have to defend or attack etc etc.

I rofled in my pants.

For me. I'm a pilot in 8v8s and a squad member in 5v5s.

My last 8v8 match I went 23-0 soloing on Dragon Valley.

My last 5v5 I had around 79 points(#1) and top kills around 28. That puts my team points at 23 for the match.

Those are just from one round.

They're fun. If you like stress.

Comment

closest thing to hardcore teamwork I get is 16 size karkand with 20 players.

That and project reality.

Do any of these clans play project reality tournaments?
        and btw lately i can't join any project reality games it just won't connect me should I uninstall and reinstall?

If i go into a clan match I'm gonna snipe and whore the medic kit.

I Pride myself in a good KDR and also in reviving sum1 even if i diein the process if they get up and away safely it's all worth it.
        And plus ive gotten used to playing bf2 for fum and not stats because my next unlock is so far away, i don't even lok forward to it.
        I think im gonna spend a few months practicing then try to join the wookie snipers

Comment

Originally posted by eddyeddyd View Post
          closest thing to hardcore teamwork I get is 16 size karkand with 20 players.

That and project reality.

Do any of these clans play project reality tournaments?
          and btw lately i can't join any project reality games it just won't connect me should I uninstall and reinstall?

If i go into a clan match I'm gonna snipe and whore the medic kit.

I Pride myself in a good KDR and also in reviving sum1 even if i diein the process if they get up and away safely it's all worth it.
          And plus ive gotten used to playing bf2 for fum and not stats because my next unlock is so far away, i don't even lok forward to it.
          I think im gonna spend a few months practicing then try to join the wookie snipers
          There aren't many maps where a sniper is needed. Why? It's the worst kit in the game...honestly.

The only kits you'll play in Clan matches are AT, Medic, and Engi. maybe an occasional Assault or Spec Ops if you take the main.

Never....ever...ever...revive until you clear the area. I don't care if you die and the revivee gets up safely...clear the area, or don't revive at all.

I think you need a community, and not a clan.

Comment

Originally posted by eddyeddyd View Post
            Really? I've never seen you around on their server.

Comment

You're not going to get much more teamwork than you will in clan matches, eddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
                Really? I've never seen you around on their server.
                I haven't I'm gonna practice long range and moving shots.

And the sniper is not a useless kit a sniper with a l33t kdr and quick aim and the ability to hit moving targets can make it very hard to take a flag.

step one- plays clays at flag
                step two-position self at a distance from flag where sniper has advantage but you can still nade spam
                step three- fire/nade spam

And a sniper that is behind a squad can pick off targets and give his team an advatage in minor mid range skirmishes.

And the snipers ability to jack vehciles by utilizing the power of the m95.

Snipers make enemies act differently think about it, what other enemy do you make sure that you don't just drop prone and fire to deal with?

And in clan servers with a higher degree of teamwork im guessing someone in your squad with a mic dedicated to recon can be very effective.

But enough of that I guess i do need a community more than a clan and that community/clan will be wookie snipers.

thx 4 the response

Comment

Eddy listen to proto. Medic,AT,Engi are the only kits used in comp play. A sniper is useless in comp play. So if I was you I would be practicing going medic/AT because the team will have a dedicated tanker which will be an engy.

As was said each player/squad has a dedicated role to perfom in a match. Sometimes you might be defending a flag and it might not even see any action or limited action which can get boring.

Last week we played a 25 vs 25. That was an experience and 1st time we have played anything larger than a 12 vs 12. It was the perfect game for us. Strats were perfect, everything went as planned and without a hitch. The only hiccup was our dedicated tanker was AFK having a smoke when the game went live and got back a minute late. However we had a handy backup in novarock from Team Dynamic (current CAL Main champs)

The point being forget being a sniper in comp play. No team wants a sniper no matter how good they are.

Comment

What a different story from CS, ah.

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post

Seems Accurate. Go make love to the M95 now buddy.

Haha
                      sorry im mean.

Nah that aint teamwork. Thats Noob Camping

==

Wouldnt Support be useful as well. Since players are going to blow through ammo quick?

Comment

Teamwork in clan matches is definitly something that deserves admiration, but in some incidents the same level can be seen in public servers with random people who enjoy the concept of squading up and working together. I'm sure Proto is right when it comes to Clan matches do not equal that of public matches but I have come across amazingly coordinated, non-clan squads. :nod:

Comment

Just make sure when you join a clan you stay dedicated to the game, that was my problem :x lol

Comment

Or you can just join a casual clan who just is pretty much a group of players who join a pub server together. Talk over Team Speak, stick together and work as a team.

That's what I do and love it. Sometimes we have a clan vs clan matches, but not often.

Comment

I think eddy needs to go full comp or atleast "GET INVOLVED" in comp play

scared the life out of me - ran like a fairy!!1

Comment

Working...
                              X