Re: I Challenge You!
lol ok i will when i have monies, thanks for all ur help.
I Challenge You!
Collapse
X
-
Guest replied -
Guest repliedRe: I Challenge You!
crucial says i have - DDRII memory with support for DDR2 PC2-5300,DDR2 PC2-4200 speeds.Leave a comment:
-
Re: I Challenge You!
no, i meant the speed of it would run at the slowest rated stick. Adding a gig woduld still give you 1.5gb memory.
Do you have DDR2 btw, cos you might want to take into thought Dual channel mode.Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedRe: I Challenge You!
lol i cant afford it atm but ok thanks.
From what u said earlier i thort u ment that adding a gig stick to a 512 would only mean the gig ran at 512?Leave a comment:
-
Re: I Challenge You!
Standard warranty is a year, and unless you have bought an extra package, thats what it'll be. If you add another 1gb to your 512mb, you will see a huge difference. However, to play BF2 best, 2gb is still recommended. IF you can get 2gb, do.Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedRe: I Challenge You!
ok, so would there be virtually no change if i added a gig with my current 512?
also, i think i may have thrown away my dell packaging along with posible warranties, how long do u reakon the warranty would last, think ive had the pc nearly a year.
thanksLeave a comment:
-
Re: I Challenge You!
You definately cannot mix types of RAM (e.g. DDR, DDR2 and DDR3)
You can mix different manufacturers
You can mix different speeds, but, all of the RAM will run at the pace of the slowest sticks. For example, if you have some PC8500 and some PC3200, they will not run at seperate speeds, but instead, they will all run at PC3200 since it is the slowest speed. The only way to get round this is through overclocking.Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedRe: I Challenge You!
yea i know about crucial but i mean how specific does it have to be ie, can u mix sizes, manufactures, ddr,drr2, ddr3:P?
sorry dont know muchLeave a comment:
-
Re: I Challenge You!
You would have to test it.. thats the only way.
If your unsure about what type of RAM you need, use the Crucial (or other retailers) memory finder tool thinger. It looks at your computer and tells you what you need. RAM is pretty cheap, so i wouldn't worry too much.Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedRe: I Challenge You!
no dont think theres anything i can salvage. btw how specific is ram? eg if someone gave me a 512 stick how would i know if itll work?Leave a comment:
-
Re: I Challenge You!
hell, im only 18, but i salvage parts from friends and family computers when they throw them away.
the most useful thing i have have is my modded PSU, which i cant tests fans and equipment on.Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedRe: I Challenge You!
no, im only 17 so this is my first pc (had a family laptop b4)
im also skint so if anyone wants to donate???:PLeave a comment:
-
Guest repliedRe: I Challenge You!
do u reakon the dells cooked it then? or its just a faulty stick? it shouldnt be power coz its the dell standard, right?Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: