commander motivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• commander motivation

so i was a squad leader once....hiding in a hidden location deep within enemy territory...serving as a spawn point, and coverin my guys....

i kept asking commander for a supply crate and he constantly denied me...he wasnt dropping any supplies anywhere.....so i keep asking, and get immediately denied.....so i grab my mic and yell to commander "commander u give me those f***ing supplies right now or i will hunt ur asss down and f***ing KILL YOU!!!.....

"supply drop in your area" :laugh: :yay::yay:

have you had to virtually threaten their e-life to get what you need to stay alive?

what other ways have you had to motivate your useless commander to do his job?

Re: commander motivation

I'm less and less tolerant of crappy commanders these days. Every night I come across at least one. Some of the things I typically start of typing in caps or saying over VOIP are.

1. "Zzzzzz.... WAKE UP COMMANDER!"
    2. "Would you like to come play BF2 with us Commander?"
    3. "How about less fighting and MORE COMMANDING!!!"
    4. "Did you enjoy your piss break? Can you get back to commanding now?"
    5. "Did you know you can REPAIR YOUR UAV TRAILER???"

And the list goes on and on...

Seriously, how hard is it to be an active commander?

I would play more commander myself, but I find that I'm more valuable to my team if I'm fighting. I think that's the big problem too, because most "good team players" rather fight or lead squads instead of commanding....

Comment

It would have been funny to end that with him dropping the supply crate right on your head. I can relate though. I mean its bad enough if they just dont respond, but then to deny constanstly? Unless he was using it elsewhere Id said he qualifies as a doushe.

Comment

90% of the time if my team happens to get a commander, he does completely nothing for our team, and everytime i lok at the spawn screen he is dead, with like a 4-24 record argh, even if he was decently commanding he would be dead when i need him most, i have busted out VOIP numerous times for commanders because most could care less what you write in chat. piss poor commanders, nothing worse in this game. excuse me commander, their team has UAV we do not, therefore their team has wallhacks we do not which means we will likely get a$$ kicked and you will not get 2X pts retard.

Comment

Lol you guys are great.

Vesuvan has some great things to say.

I don't bother anymore. I just TK the commander, and most times I'll teabag him too. It usually makes him type or say something and then I respond.

Fvck these idiots who don't know the basics of the game they are playing. Don't volunteer for something you won't do.

I love my soup kitchen metaphor. You don't volunteer at a soup kitchen and not serve soup (UAV, Supplies, Vehicle Drops, Spotting, Communication). You don't volunteer at a soup kitchen and eat the soup for yourself (using assets for self). You don't volunteer at a soup kitchen and not show up (inactive/AFK/dead commanders).

I blame stats and the 2x modifier for the win... it's all a bunch of asshats only concerned with getting the 2x modifier as easily as possible. Good thing the 2x only applies to command points earned and nothing else.

Comment

When commanding, I really try hard to do a good job. I talk to the guys, tell them when supplies or whatever is ready to deploy, I tell them where I am dropping arty, spot things ...lots of communication. If they ask for something that is not ready, I tell them when it will be and ask them to ask again. I never really understood the points system for commanders, but here's what I really can't stand. When I am not commanding, I'm out running around bustin my rear trying to win, getting kills, capping flags, then when its all done, I lookup, and the commander gets the gold! I do all the work, spend a half hour beggin the guy for stuff, and he ends up with the girl! It just aint right ...man, that irks me.

Case in point: The other nite I was mostly soloing in a Dallian, I made 44 kills, and died 4 times. I had 97 points, and the next guy on the list had 60 ...and that was because he spawned on me a few times in the gunners seat. It was all for second place, ...because the commander had 100 points. I didn't even know we had a fvcking commander. He never said anything to anyone ...how's that work?

Comment

yeh i hate commanders that dont actually command. sometimes i decide before i play that ill go for it, and sometimes i end up taking it just so we dont lose.
              mate comparing the gold to a girl is not good for you, thats just plain sad

Comment

i deal with these types of commanders all the time i hate it....

Comment

the girl thing is a metaphore ...get a grip

here's a link for you, in case you don't know what that is:

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp View Post
                    so i was a squad leader once....hiding in a hidden location deep within enemy territory...serving as a spawn point, and coverin my guys....

i kept asking commander for a supply crate and he constantly denied me...he wasnt dropping any supplies anywhere.....so i keep asking, and get immediately denied.....so i grab my mic and yell to commander "commander u give me those f***ing supplies right now or i will hunt ur asss down and f***ing KILL YOU!!!.....

"supply drop in your area" :laugh: :yay::yay:

have you had to virtually threaten their e-life to get what you need to stay alive?

what other ways have you had to motivate your useless commander to do his job?

...u lucky bastard I can't get my comamnder to stop droping me supplies when i don't want them and getting my cover blown. And when I get pissed HE CALLS ARTY ON ME.

Comment

Am I supposed to be impressed? As a commander I dislike when a squad camps the enemy uncap instead of capturing control points. Don't expect me to drop anything on you except arty.

Comment

Originally posted by TomGazpacho View Post
                        Am I supposed to be impressed? As a commander I dislike when a squad camps the enemy uncap instead of capturing control points. Don't expect me to drop anything on you expect arty.
                        Lol. Wow.

Cause that makes you a better teamplayer than that squad that is camping, huh?

Comment

I think denying is terribly rude. If you don't have a supply crate to give, as commander I think one should get on VOIP and tell those guys to hang on.

I think denying is terribly rude. If you don't have a supply crate to give, as commander I think one should get on VOIP and tell those guys to hang on.

Comment

From the point of view of commanding. It's kind of hard to be a good commander when people won't squad up, use the SL request options, or VOIP. I love getting in the slot with my mic and headpones ready to go just wating for my squads to tell me what they need or issuing requests so that we can have a good game. But after ten minutes of nobody talking back to you or communicating with you it kind of gets boring as commander. The most exciting thing during some rounds as commander, is some enemy coming up behind you trying to use a kinfe on you like a rectal thermometer.
                            "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

FvCkin Eddy rezzing a month old thread for a completely USELESS response, was it really necessary, but.... on a bright note at least he didn't create a useless new thread

Comment

Working...
                              X