This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 and World of Warcraft?

I think they have alot in common luck wise.

Seriously, what were those developers thinking when they made the hit detection system and weapon cone of fire? It's f**king rediculous that I should be able to score a one shot kill from 200 metres away but then not score one at 5. It seems to be luck whether or not your alias is going to shoot straight, he rarely does, even if you have spent 10 seconds lining up a head shot, your still gonna miss. Even with a ping of 10 I still find that I'm being killed even after I've run to safety because my real body is still a good metre behind me. Every damn map is a mission not to get more deaths than kills and it is made 10x as hard because for some reason by weapon magically misses a target 20 metres away thus denying me my rightful kill and in turn a satisfactory K : D ratio.

I like playing infantry, probably played in a tank about 3 times since I bought the game, I could play CS but I hate the linear style bottlenecks, I could play ARMA, but the MP is absolutely terrible at the moment.... such a shame BF2 is the only large scale popular present-day shooter at the moment... it is so flawed... one wonders if they infact got apes to code it, strapped them down and made them work.

Too tragic to spend 30 minutes in a round to end up with a crap KD, thankfully it happens once every ~5 rounds but when it happens its AARUR(RUY(*PYR(&^)(^&* FUXCOPVJWASTED 30 MINUTES!!!!

Thanking you.

Re: BF2 and World of Warcraft?

Originally posted by Talbot View Post
    I think they have alot in common luck wise.

Seriously, what were those developers thinking when they made the hit detection system and weapon cone of fire? It's f**king rediculous that I should be able to score a one shot kill from 200 metres away but then not score one at 5. It seems to be luck whether or not your alias is going to shoot straight, he rarely does, even if you have spent 10 seconds lining up a head shot, your still gonna miss. Even with a ping of 10 I still find that I'm being killed even after I've run to safety because my real body is still a good metre behind me. Every damn map is a mission not to get more deaths than kills and it is made 10x as hard because for some reason by weapon magically misses a target 20 metres away thus denying me my rightful kill and in turn a satisfactory K : D ratio.

I like playing infantry, probably played in a tank about 3 times since I bought the game, I could play CS but I hate the linear style bottlenecks, I could play ARMA, but the MP is absolutely terrible at the moment.... such a shame BF2 is the only large scale popular present-day shooter at the moment... it is so flawed... one wonders if they infact got apes to code it, strapped them down and made them work.

Too tragic to spend 30 minutes in a round to end up with a crap KD, thankfully it happens once every ~5 rounds but when it happens its AARUR(RUY(*PYR(&^)(^&* FUXCOPVJWASTED 30 MINUTES!!!!

Thanking you.
    Buddy, its all good. BF2 has its flaws, but its priceless
    Maybe you just suck, cous lately I have killer rounds, where i score no less then 80 points a round. And I often score over 25 kills a round.

Just a thought

Its not as bad as you made it out to be!!

=JTF2_darkloop=

Comment

Originally posted by JTF2_darkloop View Post
      Buddy, its all good. BF2 has its flaws, but its priceless
      Maybe you just suck, cous lately I have killer rounds, where i score no less then 80 points a round. And I often score over 25 kills a round.

Just a thought

Its not as bad as you made it out to be!!

=JTF2_darkloop=
      Just what I've been thinking while reading your post, Talbot. It's not a matter of luck, but skill. How come there are people who almost always get the highest scores *cough* like me *cough* ? Are they very lucky?

No, they are not. And when you talk about luck you must be referring to IO gaming, since luck in planes or choppers is nonsense

And btw, why do you even mention World of Warcraft in this?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52 View Post
        Just what I've been thinking while reading your post, Talbot. It's not a matter of luck, but skill. How come there are people who almost always get the highest scores *cough* like me *cough* ? Are they very lucky?

No, they are not. And when you talk about luck you must be referring to IO gaming, since luck in planes or choppers is nonsense

And btw, why do you even mention World of Warcraft in this?
        i dont think WoW has anything to do with this
        and yeah
        its all skill. Luck only comes in with some nade kills and all clay kills.
        Getting a headshot on the guy behind the MG, thats skill. Stuff like that

=JTF2_darkloop=

Comment

I honestly don't see the resemblence in World of Warcraft and Battlefield 2.

Perhaps you consider them alike, because Player vs Player in an MMORPG is merely a glorified FPS without the crosshair, in a swords and spells realm?

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka View Post
            I honestly don't see the resemblence in World of Warcraft and Battlefield 2.

Perhaps you consider them alike, because Player vs Player in an MMORPG is merely a glorified FPS without the crosshair, in a swords and spells realm?
            and it's much easier, since you never ever have to aim, especially when you're a mage. casting fireballs and frostbolts is aimed and performed automatically

Comment

WoW is not my cup of tea at all!!

No!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
                and it's much easier, since you never ever have to aim, especially when you're a mage. casting fireballs and frostbolts is aimed and performed automatically
                Fireball, Frostbolt, Fireball, Frostbolt. I win the game! :salute:

Comment

This is why i stopped playing bf2 and picked up 2142. They fixed alot of these problems. Thing is, i stopped playing that too. Now i play supreme commander and all is good.

Comment

hmmhmh
                    ok
                    well thanks for sharing
                    =)

Comment

Yeah definitely not luck...

Only things that involve luck are grenades, claymores, J-10's, and netcode, but it all balances out.. netcode ****s you over sometimes, other times you get insane kills.

Comment

whatever netcode is
                        ahah
                        Nades can involve some skill
                        where and how to toss them
                        what strength to toss them

use teh right clicky thingy
                        i always do!!

=JTF2_darkloop=

Comment