Re: BF2 and World of Warcraft?

.. and cue comparison of e-peens....

Comment

few of mt friends quit BF2 coz of WoW

Comment

Originally posted by RUDEnKRUDE View Post
        BF2 has its faults, but when you consider the realities of a game with a fricken big map EVERYONE is playing on, the action mechanics, and fact that it's worldwide and online - I mean, jezismaria! It's a bloomin miracle for those of us who broke our milk teeth on Pong, Space Invaders n 8k cassette games!

Cease with the whinging!
        Q... F... T... quoted for TRUTH! THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
          I've been sitting at .2 for a long time now.

You'd have to play in a exceptionally controlled enviroment to get a .75 gold medal per round score when you're over 1000 hours. Say IO on a 16 playered map with 15 of your crappy friends.

A good chunk of my gold medals (At least 200) came from playing on {VSSq}'s 16 playered map/IO server back when IO first came out. That was only in a month's time and maybe 50-100 hours. Less competition means more medals.
          Considering they factor in half rounds and rounds you join towards the end in that percentage is impossible. my main account with 1300 hours is at .25 for golds, .47 for all medals, it feels like alot more than that at times. but my new account is at .40 for golds dropping really quick. i play on vagrant and virus IO alot due to exceptionally low pings, problem is jumping into a few rounds a night = low medal % no matter how better you can whore medic than the other medic whores.

Comment

You're awesome.

Comment

This is why pubbing, vanilla BF2 is a joke, cone of fire = terrible

BFpro ftw.

Comment

This game does frustrate the hell out of me quite often. The weapon accuracy is atrocious and ridiculous. I can hit a guy with a pistol at 50m no problem, but pull out my assault weapon of choice, and it dont hit shiat.

The second and near equal problem in magnitude is hit box detection. If you're a passenger in an APC using the guns, or a gunner in a HMV, you can forget about hitting anything, even at point blank range when moving. Unless you are stationary, you simply cannot hit a target, it just doesnt register.

I dont know how many times I have been in a close quarter firefight, we both run dry, I lay on the ground reloading, he pulls out his pistol. He proceeds to unload 3-4 shots into my head, I hear the sound of impact, but take zero damage. I then simply unload my automatic into him and he goes down. This scenario happens many times in either favor. When a man is using a mounted gun, and Im sniping, sometimes its a head shot first go. Other times, it takes a whole clip to nail him.

The minigun on the blackhawk is useless and basically a waste of space. In the orginal game these things were insant death to infantry, and rightly so. Now, after many patches to 'improve' the game, they now dish out hardly any damage, even if you manage to hit an infantry target.

Its sad that the developers of this game actually created this mess post release. The 1.0 game was great, it actually relied on co-ordination, speed and precision. The current version feels like I have a ball and chain around my ankle, slowing my every move. Its as if the developers wanted to even the playing field by making the game mechanics inherently flawed and unpredictable.

Comment

Ok, I said WoW because I was over exagerating and wanted to get peoples attention, unfortunately I forgot about the topic I made

I still play BF2 which means for some reason I still enjoy myself when playing it. I have had killer rounds playing as infantry (assault), like a 30 : 4 KD ratio (64/64 servers even with the cowardly fly boys) and a high score to boot but it doesn't happen all that often.

It has improved recently, mainly because I've got to know the maps a bit better but the hit detection is still irritating. Of course if you like flying and waltzing around in tanks then you don't notice it as much but I normally never play in vehicles because it just ain't my idea of fun.

Comment

wow.. flat out sucks

Comment

Originally posted by [AH1z]Predrag
                      few of mt friends quit BF2 coz of WoW

thats sad. I'd rather quit life than take up gaycraft. You now have the proper platform to declare them no longer your friends.

Comment

I do believe the correct term for that excuse of a game is "warcrack"...

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan1GBN View Post
                          I do believe the correct term for that excuse of a game is "warcrack"...
                          Tell me about it. When I realized I'd never win in that game, and there would always be some bigger nerd who could spend more time and get teh l337 gear, I quit the game.

It was so damn alluring though, I ended up having to cash out and delete all my characters, and break the frikking disks so I wouldn't be tempted to start up again.

I seem to be obsessive about games. I'll play them into the ground, and get pissed when I start to get bored with them, then move on to the next game and play that to death as well, lol.

Comment

Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Comment

lol the title is the only reason people are looking at this thread

Comment

when i started standing there killing the same respawning monster over and over again for 6 hours that was enough for me, i was like wow...this is really really gay, i could be out getting drunk with my bros right now, yet i am doing the same thing over and over again hours on end, i felt like a chinese gold farmer, how they do it for 18 hours a day is beyond me. guess that's what made BF2 so appealing, fast paced action not super repetative and big pvp battles don't crash teh server

Comment

Working...
                                X