Half Life 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Life 2

I got to play this game today at the Interop convention, and wow it was so much fun.

This company that handles the Valve servers had about 7 stations running HL2 in DM mode. Also, every hour they had a mini tournament, which we were all noobs.

I actually won first one time, thats after a round of "paper-rock-scissors" for a tie breaker. I won a $50 gift card for the Steam website :yay:. I also finished second place two other times, I got a water bottle and a mini maglight.

Game was fun, graphics were nice, guns way cool. I use the shotgun more than anything else. I think I might buy it.

Re: Half Life 2

HL2 single player game is sub par to the game that is of legendary characteristics which is HL1. Deathmatch mode is rather good, and I would prefer it over CSS. Welcome to the dark side.

Comment

I would completely disagree - HL2 blows the former out of the water in terms of single player. It's just so far superior that only rose-tinted nostalgia would make you think otherwise. Although Halflife 1 deathmatch was the king of all deathmatch games - gauss jumping is sadly missed

Comment

Beg to differ, but HL2 was of equally mind-blowing proportions. The former was better because it was *the first* FPS that was simultaneously an adventure game, and it somewhat had full freedom, in short, unlike Doom, Quake, etc, you could now follow a storyline. HL2, would have the same merit as HL1 if it were released back then, but on the Goldsrc engine. No way in hell is HL2 better than the original, it's law that sequels somewhat suck. HL2 felt nerfed (the rockets and whatnot), HL1 felt grisly, and the slightest of hits meant a reload, plus those black assassin bitches kept you on your feet. Literally all the weapons in HL2 are nerfed, it's a joke. The combine pulse gun, probably the strongest rifle in the game, is as accurate as shooting a PKM standing.

BF2 just takes "game freedom" to the next step.

Comment

Ofp took "game freedom" to the next step a long time ago, and still hasn`t been beaten.

Yeah, HL2 is awesome but not as awesome as HL1 was back then. Like someone said, HL1 was "new" back then, HL2 did`t really do much besides the physics, graphics and singleplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r View Post
            I would completely disagree - HL2 blows the former out of the water in terms of single player. It's just so far superior that only rose-tinted nostalgia would make you think otherwise. Although Halflife 1 deathmatch was the king of all deathmatch games - gauss jumping is sadly missed
            Graphics and AI are the only things superior, but thats to be expected. What makes HL1 the best SP FPS for me is the location and story. Theres no game out there, future or past that even mildly compares. Some games are better either storywise or in some other department,but theres no game ever made that made me feel nostalgic and "home" as some locations in HL1 did. The only game that made me feel "sh!T, I wish I was here, walking this area now!".

Outside areas... oh my god. Never has a game inserted so much nostalgia into me.

And firefights were equally interesting. HL2 introduced some cool new enemies aswell, but as again, its to be expected. Ravenholm rooftop fight FTW though.

Comment

Working...
            X