No announcement yet.

Would you consider C4 Jumping Cheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you consider C4 Jumping Cheating?

Just wondering if you guys think C4 jumping is cheating? People get kicked for wall glitching or hacking, but not for C4 jumping. It is an exploit, and an unfair advantage unless you have entire squads out c4 jumping to cancel each other out. (This is why is usually stick to FF ON servers)

Re: Would you consider C4 Jumping Cheating?

How the hell would it be cheating? It's not even an exploit..

Yeah it's annoying when people do it and I get pissed off.. but you know what, if it's a full squad up there that's an easy 6 kills (knife/shock).

Comment

Its the servers fault for putting FF off in the first place, if you dont like it, then dont play on those servers. I HATE FF off servers because all people do is throw nades....I feel my skill level drop everytime I join one

and Metallica, come on, tell me you dont lauch yourself on to a building for a few surprise kills....its the only fun thing about FF off

Comment

This is no were near an exploit/cheat. I love doing it

Comment

I love it on Karkand when MEC jumps on top of the hotel. My L96 gets a lot of kills

Comment

I don't see why they do it, in realy life the people on top have the advantage, but we're in BF2 and the rules are different. So when a ***** goes up I send him a present and he comes down, who needs to get on hotel anyway? It doesn't help or even get yoou many kills.

Comment

its no cheat and its no exploit. it just brings new point of view to a old style of play. its to be expected in FF off rooms. id say if you truly don't like it or think its an exploit just dont play FF off rooms, problem solved.

Comment

lol ah but if you couldnt do it, then you wouldnt be able to put c4 under a friendly sniper, blow em into air so they die when they hit the floor lol.

Would you sacrifice this priviledge for the other team c4 jumping?? i think not:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by eye8urkids View Post
                  Just wondering if you guys think C4 jumping is cheating? People get kicked for wall glitching or hacking, but not for C4 jumping. It is an exploit, and an unfair advantage unless you have entire squads out c4 jumping to cancel each other out. (This is why is usually stick to FF ON servers)
                  It's not a cheat, it's an exploit.

Originally posted by |BHH| Mr.Morey View Post
                  This is no were near an exploit/cheat. I love doing it
                  It's exploiting, as defined as taking advantage of a weakness in an individual, system, game software, etc. BF2 never intended for Friendly Fire to be turned off on servers, so players are exploiting this by using C4 to boost them to tops of buildings.

Sitting inside the 'glitch' rock on Jalalabad map is also an 'exploit', since the player is taking advantage of a bug in the map design/game engine to gain an unfair advantage over other players.

Now do I care if players C4 themselves up on buildings on a FF-off server? No. If I'm playing on a FF-off server I may pull the same moves myself. When ALL players have access to C4 and doing the same move, there is no inherent advantage gained by anyone - therefore it's fair game. If you don't like it, don't play on a FF-off server.

Comment

I think its ok, just in small doses.
                    Do it sometimes, but only as strategy, not to spawn rape or abuse it.

I dont know.
                    Maybe im on crack, but i think its ok?!

=JTF2=

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty View Post
                      BF2 never intended for Friendly Fire to be turned off on servers,
                      Then what do you think is the intent of the FF server switch? Even the RoE for ranked servers only "requests" FF be left on; it is "not required". FF off is clearly just another game option like the "no vehicles" option added in one of the last patches. Just like "no vehicles", if you don't like it then don't go to that server again. Part of FF-off gameplay is the ability to C4-jump so unless we hear from EA/DICE otherwise I'd say it's not a cheat or an exploit. (BTW, I personally have no interest in playing in FF-off servers.)

Comment

I love FF=OFF servers
                        Love them
                        I may not be entirely interested in teamkiling so much
                        hence the friendly off
                        I just like being able to be right behind the first set of buildings on karkand without being teamkilled.

ahha it dont matter
                        EA made it an option
                        so i will use it

Comment

I didn't allow it when I had my servers and Im not going to allow it again, But its not cheating.

Comment

I support it heavily. I wouldnt do it myself, god no. Its undoubtably the worst tactic I've ever seen. They are so easily spotted and shot down by snipers (I'm usually that sniper) that I can't imagine why anyone would duplicate such a procedure. I only support it because it's immensly entertaining to see the ragdoll physics in action as their bodies fly off the building, and their statpad medic running after them as they fall.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou View Post
                              Then what do you think is the intent of the FF server switch? Even the RoE for ranked servers only "requests" FF be left on; it is "not required". FF off is clearly just another game option like the "no vehicles" option added in one of the last patches. Just like "no vehicles", if you don't like it then don't go to that server again. Part of FF-off gameplay is the ability to C4-jump so unless we hear from EA/DICE otherwise I'd say it's not a cheat or an exploit. (BTW, I personally have no interest in playing in FF-off servers.)
                              That's nice, but BF2 was not developed, and the classes developed, to intend to be played on Non-FF servers. Sorry. This isn't UT2K4, there was no intent to allow Spec Ops to be propelled into the air using C4 packs. Therefore, it's exploiting servers who have FF off.

Comment

Working...
                              X