strange error after registering the booster packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange error after registering the booster packs

i installed all the stuff on the bf2 complete disc has all the bf2 booster packs plus speical forces and origional bf2 worked fine then i desided to register it so i coulduse the boosters now i try to join a server ranked,same mod,same version checked and i get this

Re: strange error after registering the booster packs

Try reinstall BF2 vanilla then SF then the booster packs. And of course latest 1.41 patch. Then try again.

Comment

Reinstall is the best advice. A fresh install, clear your cache, clear everything and install 1.41.

Comment

you have to install in this order:

bf2 > SF > booster packs > patch 1.41
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa View Post
          you have to install in this order:

bf2 > SF > booster packs > patch 1.41
          You may also need to patch before the boosters since they require at least BF2 v1.20. If the boosters install without patching first I wouldn't worry about it as long as you install the final patch at the end.

Comment

i just reinstalled on new hard drive, (bf2 > SF > boosters > 1.41). no problems.
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa View Post
              i just reinstalled on new hard drive, (bf2 > SF > boosters > 1.41). no problems.
              If at all possible you should install on C drive. Just makes it easier on OS problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogo View Post
                If at all possible you should install on C drive. Just makes it easier on OS problems.
                I never install games on the C drive. If I need to reinstall the OS or restore it from a disk image I don't generally need to reinstall games; I might make a .reg file with their install location since the only thing most games use the registry for is so patches know where to install.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou View Post
                  I never install games on the C drive. If I need to reinstall the OS or restore it from a disk image I don't generally need to reinstall games; I might make a .reg file with their install location since the only thing most games use the registry for is so patches know where to install.
                  That is very true, I hate to be mean but many people cant install the game correctly let alone do that. :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                  X