Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

strange error after registering the booster packs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • strange error after registering the booster packs

    i installed all the stuff on the bf2 complete disc has all the bf2 booster packs plus speical forces and origional bf2 worked fine then i desided to register it so i coulduse the boosters now i try to join a server ranked,same mod,same version checked and i get this

    http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4494/bf22mm8.png

  • #2
    Re: strange error after registering the booster packs

    Try reinstall BF2 vanilla then SF then the booster packs. And of course latest 1.41 patch. Then try again.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: strange error after registering the booster packs

      Reinstall is the best advice. A fresh install, clear your cache, clear everything and install 1.41.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: strange error after registering the booster packs

        you have to install in this order:

        bf2 > SF > booster packs > patch 1.41
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: strange error after registering the booster packs

          Originally posted by signa View Post
          you have to install in this order:

          bf2 > SF > booster packs > patch 1.41
          You may also need to patch before the boosters since they require at least BF2 v1.20. If the boosters install without patching first I wouldn't worry about it as long as you install the final patch at the end.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: strange error after registering the booster packs

            i just reinstalled on new hard drive, (bf2 > SF > boosters > 1.41). no problems.
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: strange error after registering the booster packs

              Originally posted by signa View Post
              i just reinstalled on new hard drive, (bf2 > SF > boosters > 1.41). no problems.
              If at all possible you should install on C drive. Just makes it easier on OS problems.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: strange error after registering the booster packs

                Originally posted by Bogo View Post
                If at all possible you should install on C drive. Just makes it easier on OS problems.
                I never install games on the C drive. If I need to reinstall the OS or restore it from a disk image I don't generally need to reinstall games; I might make a .reg file with their install location since the only thing most games use the registry for is so patches know where to install.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: strange error after registering the booster packs

                  Originally posted by jdrou View Post
                  I never install games on the C drive. If I need to reinstall the OS or restore it from a disk image I don't generally need to reinstall games; I might make a .reg file with their install location since the only thing most games use the registry for is so patches know where to install.
                  That is very true, I hate to be mean but many people cant install the game correctly let alone do that. :laugh:

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X