Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought I seen it all (more helo talk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought I seen it all (more helo talk)

Ive been shot out of the gunner seat and the pilot seat before by jet cannon fire, no biggie as Ive done it to others myself, also been taken out by a jets wing tip once while I was soloing, that was interesting as it was a teammate and he got a tk.

But I think I seen something new (to me anyways)
    Im on Wake, flying PLA chopper solo, I see the enemy helo but he seems a bit far away but I wasnt quite sure, so I switch seats and fire the tv missle. Well it did the little explosion that it does when it runs out of room because your too far away, it did it RIGHT in front of the helo glass and the next thing I realise I seen "you killed so-n-so" and I thought WTF I set myself up again on the helo because I thought I missed but when I fired the tv the second time, I could see as I got closer that the "so-n-so" I killed was the pilot and the helo was floating down to earth and the blades werent spinning, apparently the explosion killed the helo pilot but didnt hurt the gunner or the helo.

Anyone else ever see this??

I blew up the helo with the second tv shot and got the gunner kill btw LOL

Re: I thought I seen it all (more helo talk)

never seen it,but it is possible i guess form spalsh damage,or the server might have registered it as hitting the cockpit while to you you seemed far away enough.

Comment

Yeah, I've seen that plenty of times.

Comment

That's messed. Never seen it, nor heard of it.

Comment

Pred did it to me last night. Lol.

Comment

I don't doubt it. I can't count how many times I've been toasted in my seat while hovering in a black hawk. One hit in the windshield just right with an AT will kill you but not the chopper itself. I assume the same sort of thing could happen with a TV missle, kind of similar....but kind of funnier too.

Comment

^Lol, reminds me of sniping the gunners out of BHs with F2000's back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                Yeah, I've seen that plenty of times.

same here

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolfo View Post
                  never seen it,but it is possible i guess form spalsh damage,or the server might have registered it as hitting the cockpit while to you you seemed far away enough.
                  Then wouldn't it have blown up the chopper if it registered as a hit? This is more likely a splash damage effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Slinger View Post
                    Ive been shot out of the gunner seat and the pilot seat before by jet cannon fire, no biggie as Ive done it to others myself, also been taken out by a jets wing tip once while I was soloing, that was interesting as it was a teammate and he got a tk.

But I think I seen something new (to me anyways)
                    Im on Wake, flying PLA chopper solo, I see the enemy helo but he seems a bit far away but I wasnt quite sure, so I switch seats and fire the tv missle. Well it did the little explosion that it does when it runs out of room because your too far away, it did it RIGHT in front of the helo glass and the next thing I realise I seen "you killed so-n-so" and I thought WTF I set myself up again on the helo because I thought I missed but when I fired the tv the second time, I could see as I got closer that the "so-n-so" I killed was the pilot and the helo was floating down to earth and the blades werent spinning, apparently the explosion killed the helo pilot but didnt hurt the gunner or the helo.

Anyone else ever see this??

I blew up the helo with the second tv shot and got the gunner kill btw LOL
                    we had that once too.

i was pilot, the missle exploded right in front of us, my gunner was not realy healthy at that time, he got killed.
                    our helicopter was damaged too ~ -20%

is witched the seat (what i normaly dont, be cause i hate that silly seatswitchers) and killed the Z10.

Comment

im going to try that right now, problem is that you dont usually get tv shots at 401m away

Comment

Itll be a pain trying to get to the exact spot, yes?

Comment

People who participate in 2v2 heli battles could probably help you replicate it, as they usually calculate distances pretty well.

Comment

Well........that too.

Comment

This is very rare, happened to me once ages ago, the TV missle blew up on my right, very close to the chopper and killed me (the pilot). Co-pilot took over.

Comment

Working...
                              X