[oh noes] GL pointblank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [oh noes] GL pointblank

I was playing special forces yesterday....it seems like no one has even heard of the GL. Popping enemy snipers off from 50m away with high explosives is so much fun

Comment

You guys are quiet right, A lot of people in BF2 think that they are the best player on that server at that time. Instead of trying to be the best I want to help anyone on my team stay alive, if I can. Thats why I do things that most people havent even thought of. Good examples of this are Defense, cover fire, and spotting anything that moves and isnt on my team. Sometimes I even go so far as to use my team mates as decoys (LOL). But back on topic.

If you want to get better with the GL an easy way is to get on a empty server or start a lan game by yourself and use the humvees and vodnicks as targets. If you can hit them from your selected distance start trying running shots. Run right at the target and use the GL. That should get you started. The easyest target in game is a medic while he is reviveing another player. He has his shock paddels out and cant shoot back. If you time it right you can kill both the medic and the player he revived. The easyest way to survive a point blank shot is to wait till you are being chased and turn and fire while walking or running backwards. The GL is also a great weapon to use when you are on the roof and over looking an alley way. Hope Ive helped someone, Good Luck. . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

*cough* maybe you shouldn't talk about what you don't know. Hitting someone from 30 feet away with G36E in semi is probably the easiest thing you could ever hope to accomplish in Bf2, I dare you to go on an empty server, get commander and drop a supply crate at a range you consider "skilled" and try and hit it with your GL, my bet is you'll have to go and resupply from that crate before you even hit it -_-
        You should know it (GL whore)- as I said I don't use the GL.
        You consider 30 feet skilled? woohooo!

and my point about the map is that your the typical Bf2 player, most played map karkand, mediwhore with g36e and bunny hopping, doesn't help the team because medics don't revive people anymore.
        First, I do not bunnyhop. But what do you know? Ever played with me? Then don't judge!
        You, on the other hand are the typical totalbf2 forum user who always thinks he know everything better.

PS: I'll come to your domain anytime and 'mess with you' ^_^ we'll see who does better :P
        Please grow up first. Pubic hair is mandatory on our "domain"! :laugh:
        No need to discuss with kiddies....

FipZ

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley View Post
          What I mean is...

GLing at pointblank is okay. But it's not a very "fair". As in it's a cheap way to kill.
          It can get you killed. By your own grenade. Seems pretty fair to me.

Comment

I love how super-medics can defend the G36E, when I, as a ****ty sniper, can snipe L96/M24 users with this thing on semi, and with the high damage and high burst RoF, I can dominate in CQC.

Oh well.

Comment

Lol @ people saying GL takes no skill... It is probably one of the more skill baised weapons. You think using your little cone of fire, random deviation assault gun is skill? you must be retarded.

Comment

Lolz. Nice sig. raidyr. That was a fun thread, now wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by AncientSerpent3 View Post
                  It can get you killed. By your own grenade. Seems pretty fair to me.
                  oh yeah good point

Comment

Originally posted by Monkmonkman View Post
                    Lol @ people saying GL takes no skill... It is probably one of the more skill baised weapons. You think using your little cone of fire, random deviation assault gun is skill? you must be retarded.
                    I agree with this statement.

And I usually dont agree with this poster.

Comment

The GL definately requires skill and an intelligent operator. Sometimes you just can't hit your target with bullets because they have taken cover behind an object, such as a burned out car.

I like to hit walls near the enemy, hoping the splash damage will finish them off. Sometimes the bouncy ball M203 grenades come in handy, ricocheting them off walls.

Comment

Man it depdns cause you guys are changing the situation.

I will praise the GLers who get me from 10m+ but at point blank I find it annoying (not cheating or skill-less).

I love trying to get someone in a bunker or something...always love that feeling of smaking infantry at 60m.

I'm gona try Assault kit tomorrow, cause I'm not very well placed to reply in this thread as I haven't played with a Gl in a while...

(Do I make sense...I feel dumb writing this)

Comment

Originally posted by Monkmonkman View Post
                          The mighty monk has spoken. And ElFipso, I don't assume to know everything better but I find it kind of annoying when a little medic whore comes on and acts like he is the shiznit, and as to your questioning if I find 30 feet skilled I say no but it would be quite a challenge for a little mediwhore like yourself. I notice you have at least 100 more deaths than kills in every kit (including medic, many lulz) except for sniper and support and my guess is half of those are more claywhore and nade spam kills than anything else as you only have like 600 or so kills with a sniper rifle and you have about 1200 kills overall with that kit, support I really have no comment on as it seems like the only kit where you have more kills than deaths and half arent nade spam kills -_-. And my balls are dropped just fine, I'm afraid yours aren't as you obviously took a great deal of offense at me making a joke >_>

Comment

using a gl at close range is an easy way to kill
                            who cares if it is really not very fair!!

Comment

n00btubers sit right in between clay & nade spammers in my book. Because those are basically the only things that I get killed by anymore.

I just want to be killed by a gun, not some tuber who doesn't die from their own "OH CRAP" point tube at floor and fire. Those who actually use it mid-long distance, I'm ok with.

Just my opinion....

Comment

CQ-Reborn:
                                Stats don't mean a thing. I'm proud of still using my first account and I wonder which secret number is behind yours (RE-born, lol).
                                If you look carefully at the stat history you'll see that I'm getting better.
                                I play medic, so what? What's your problem with people playing teamwork classes?
                                And you think that 145 hours as medic make me a medic whore? -LOL - Check out more stats before you judge ppl that only play 30min a day.

As everybody who sees my stats can see, I'm not a whore in any class. Medic just suits mostly any situation.

BTW, if you read carefully my FIRST post: I never said I was skilled. That was you. I'm actually an average player. I don't care much about stats but like receiving badges and stuff.

So whatever, this discussion is to childish to continue on my part. How/who did it start anyway? I guess someone just needs a good f*

Comment

Working...
                                X