Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2 Won't Launch - White Splash Screen then the game crashes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Won't Launch - White Splash Screen then the game crashes.

I formatted my PC a few months ago and decided to reinstall BF2. Unfortunately, I cannot get the game to launch. I patched it with the 1.41 [full] patch after installing. The splash screen with the Battlefield 2 logo that appears before the game is launched when it is checking for the disks never appears; it is simply white and it closes itself out after a few seconds.

I'm running the Stock .EXE (there is not any ***** cracks installed) and I'm running the Retail CD #1 (no mini-images here.) Any ideas? I tried a long shot and downgraded my ATI drivers from the newest Omega 3.8.330 drivers to the drivers I ran for over a year before the format; which is Omega 2.6.05a. No dice.

Specs:
    XP SP2
    ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe; P4 3.0C @ 3.3GHz
    Audigy 2 ZS; 2GB Corsair TwinX XMS PC-3200C2PT
    ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

Thank you.

Edit: Got the game to run once, then exited out right away. I tried to launch it again, and the same crap happens - white box where the BF2 Splash should be, then closes out. Launched the game fifteen times then on the 16th try, the game launched. Joined a game and it played fine, then exited out after a few minutes. Tried to launch it again, and same problems. When it attempts to launch it, there is heavy disk activity (which locks up Windows for a few seconds) and minimal CPU and RAM usage. Any ideas?

Re: BF2 Won't Launch - White Splash Screen then the game crashes.

It's the video.con file. Install BF2 afresh, create a new profile (offline), play singleplayer once, then patch over, and retrieve your online account, play on that, exit, restart BF2 and delete the offline account if needed.

Comment

Also make sure you have the latest video & audio drivers and get DIVX installed.

Comment

Yo Randy, well it sounds stupid but ehh i had this problem once.

I solved this with a new dvd-rom player... Crazy huh? For some reason my dvd player didn't reached the point of the track where the cd-check is located. Possible due dust. I also did saw the splashscreen, but nothing more.. In My Computer, i still was able to scout through the files on the cd..

All my games worked with this dvd-player, except BF2..
        But when i put the cd in my burner.., no problems..

And, while booting the demo of BF2142 on my system, it also only shows the splash screen... Updating directX solved this..

Good luck...

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
          It's the video.con file. Install BF2 afresh, create a new profile (offline), play singleplayer once, then patch over, and retrieve your online account, play on that, exit, restart BF2 and delete the offline account if needed.
          Okay. I completely uninstalled BF2 and reinstalled it and tried to launch the fresh BF2 1.0. Same problems - white box where the splash screen should be and closes itself out with no errors.

Edit: Got the game to run once so I played one game in single player. Exited out and patched the game with the 1.41 Full Patch, and after the install I attempted to launch the game. The same problems continue: I cannot launch the game.

Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic
          Also make sure you have the latest video & audio drivers and get DIVX installed.
          Yes, I do.

Originally posted by Link_2007
          Yo Randy, well it sounds stupid but ehh i had this problem once.

I solved this with a new dvd-rom player... Crazy huh? For some reason my dvd player didn't reached the point of the track where the cd-check is located. Possible due dust. I also did saw the splashscreen, but nothing more.. In My Computer, i still was able to scout through the files on the cd..

All my games worked with this dvd-player, except BF2..
          But when i put the cd in my burner.., no problems..

And, while booting the demo of BF2142 on my system, it also only shows the splash screen... Updating directX solved this..

Good luck...
          I did replace my CD Drive right after the format but I don't see how this could be related to the problem as I have the same problem if I try to use a mini-image instead. My copy of BF2 is the CD version.

Any other ideas, guys? Thank you all for helping.
          -R

Comment

Did u tried updating DirectX....?

Comment

Originally posted by Link_2007 View Post
              Did u tried updating DirectX....?
              Windows is fully up to date and BF2 updated DirectX at the time of installation.. so, I can't see how DirectX could be outdated..

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Go to the Microsoft website and download the full DX9.0c and the new updates, usually released monthly.

Comment

Originally posted by BPCrusher01 View Post
                    Go to the Microsoft website and download the full DX9.0c and the new updates, usually released monthly.
                    I downloaded and ran dxwebsetup.exe but still have the same problems..

Comment

in the BF2 video con have you got a 1 against the override refresh rate?

If you have manually set a higher refresh rate than standard 69hz you may have to select 1 to activate this in the cfg file of BF2.

Comment

FIRTS OPTION...

Open ATi Catalyst controll center... (Go to advanced mode)

go to: 3D > More settings

Check there if DXT texture formats is enabled..

SECOND OPTION....

Open ATi Catalyst controll center..

Go to: 3D > Standard settings

And put them on high, so all options are enabled...

Might this solve your problem..

Comment

Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic View Post
                          in the BF2 video con have you got a 1 against the override refresh rate?

If you have manually set a higher refresh rate than standard 69hz you may have to select 1 to activate this in the cfg file of BF2.
                          If you mean in VideoDefault.con; renderer.allowAllRefreshRates and renderer.setFullScreen is both set to 1.

Originally posted by Link_2007 View Post
                          FIRTS OPTION...

Open ATi Catalyst controll center... (Go to advanced mode)
                          go to: 3D > More settings
                          Check there if DXT texture formats is enabled..

SECOND OPTION....
                          Open ATi Catalyst controll center..
                          Go to: 3D > Standard settings
                          And put them on high, so all options are enabled...

Might this solve your problem..
                          DXT Texture Formats was already checked and I tried to move the slider in Standard Settings all the way to 'Quality' [max], but no dice.

Thanks for helping, fellas.. Any other ideas?

-R

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Anybody? :\

Comment

Working...
                              X