I Got My Good Conduct Medal! [Micro Rant/Rave]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got My Good Conduct Medal! [Micro Rant/Rave]

I was playing SF tonight, and I finally got my SF medal. Now, I know most of you are looking at this, warming up your keyboards to unload with the, "Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, kid, no one gives a rat's ass if you got the Medal of Freakin Honor!" I know there're are a lot of these threads, and they seem about as intelligent as the "I got first post" variety, but hear me out, on why this is a very good thing:

First, for those of you who don't know, the Good Conduct Medal is awarded for getting 27 kills in a round without a TK, Team Damage, or Team Vehicle Damage, which roughly translates to mean you WILL NOT ever get it if you go to an airfield. There are several reasons why I'm proud of this badge:

1.) I didn't do it as commander. Many people have discovered a lovely stunt: sitting in a special location and dropping arty gives you free points. Want Expert Ground Defense? Sit in the TOW and arty. Want Expert Air Defense? Sit in a Stinger and arty. Expert Armor? Whore on the Karkand Hotel... or sit in an LAV and call arty. Expert Knife? Hold out your knife and drop arty. Okay, the last one is a lie, but I'm willing to bet some idiot is right now closing the thread, loading BF2, and whipping out his knife.

I am proud to declare that I did not get this badge as commander, but actually shooting people with bullets.

2.) I didn't do it with claymores. Somehow, over the course of modern warfare, the militaries have apparently developed triplines with internal IFF sensors. "Oh, no, I shouldn't go off, because that was a USMC boot that stepped on me!" A really fun, by which I mean retarded, method to get free kills is to spam claymores all over Karkand and watch the kills roll in. (You ever wonder why most stat padding instructions start with, "Go to Karkand"? Just mentioning it.)

3.) People suck. Really. That's the hardest part of getting this badge. There's always some chodelick who will dive infront of your mounted machine gun, or decide to try to eat your grenade, and then you'll be SOL for the rest of the round. Even if you can avoid the nincompoops, then you have to eal with the jackasses, the ones who tempt you to blow them away. You know who I'm talking about. The guy surfing on the APC, the guy standing on your C4 so you can't blow up an asset, the parade on the airfield when the jet tries to lift off. As mentioned above, it's been statistically proven that you will not get this badge if you so much as put on foot on the airfield. In order to get this medal, you must find a server with a low enough jerknut ratio, or else you will either TK or have an aneurism.

So yes, I'm proud of my medal. Now I can go smack some idiots around without fear of losing it! Oh, and I got first post!

Mavlyn

Re: I Got My Good Conduct Medal! [Micro Rant/Rave]

I think it would be hard to get as a commander. I always manage to teamkill a couple of guys.

Comment

Originally posted by TuscanSun
      I think it would be hard to get as a commander. I always manage to teamkill a couple of guys.
      Playing Karkand? They think the red circle is a CIRCAIL OF POWAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Mavlyn
        the best one is when they ask for it and hten run into it, and then blame you and try a mutiny

Comment

I got it on my first try when I was eligible for the award. blows your argument to smithereens.

Comment

Good work buddy. I'll go try get mine ASAP...

[EDIT] You also need 250 h play time. Think i just got that....

[EDIT2] ****, im 6 hours short.....

Comment

Well thats cool, I have 3.

Comment

Keep up the good work,

I have 2 off them!

Comment

dude....omg.....this is buy far **comic book guy voice** the best thread ever......

unfortunately for me......i got mine......then realized afterwards, that my bullets werent causing team damage

that ****es me off...i feel like i got screwed...

Comment

nice read, congrats

Comment

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, kid, no one gives a rat's ass if you got the Medal of Freakin Honor!

Seriously, I don't give a sh*t. I think this should be posted somewhere else than here...

Comment

When i got mine i was suprised i hadnt team-killed anyone then i realised ff was off but 27 kills was still good for infantry hehe so well done on getting it

Comment

yeah wootys, i got mine without trying whilst gunning in a chopper hehehe which is odd as i normaly tk load whilst in the gunners seat hehehehe

Comment

TBF2 should have a new site: Funny Threads. i think this could qualify for one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavlyn
                              lmfao. That explains alot.:laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X