Craziest idea, would it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craziest idea, would it work?

I tried to fire my GL indirectly awhile ago and I happened to get a kill . When I remembered that even just recently I thought "What if I got a sniper to spot for me and give me corrections between shots and a support or supply box for more ammo?"
    I really think this could work I don't see a reason why it wouldn't(aside from people that just don't teamwork).
    Just imagine it, not only can it be used in urban maps but think of baseraping the airfield with it, the sniper will hide and won't fire a single shot so he won't be found, and the assault won't even be in a position where he can see the enemy.

If a flag is doomed, instead of planting clays and bunny hopping just hide and fire away.

opinions? suggestions?

Re: Craziest idea, would it work?

I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by .BB.(Light|Bred) View Post
      I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean.
      I think he is talking about using grenade launchers like mortars.

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr View Post
        I think he is talking about using grenade launchers like mortars.
        Ahh.. ok

Yea that works

Comment

The random shot with the GL is always hilarious.

Cool idea... wonder how you'd make it work.

Comment

It would have to be an entirely new class... the mortar.

Otherwise... just learn to correct your shot. You can use other people in your squad to tell you how...

I dunno, long range GL seems like a chance shot, and it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by eddyeddyd View Post
              I tried to fire my GL indirectly awhile ago and I happened to get a kill . When I remembered that even just recently I thought "What if I got a sniper to spot for me and give me corrections between shots and a support or supply box for more ammo?"
              I really think this could work I don't see a reason why it wouldn't(aside from people that just don't teamwork).
              Just imagine it, not only can it be used in urban maps but think of baseraping the airfield with it, the sniper will hide and won't fire a single shot so he won't be found, and the assault won't even be in a position where he can see the enemy.

If a flag is doomed, instead of planting clays and bunny hopping just hide and fire away.

opinions? suggestions?
              But the grenade explodes after some time. Shoot it straight up in the air, it will detonade a second before landing. Atleast it did that the last time I tried to use my 203 as a mortar.
              Good idead nevertheless(sp?), I`m gonna try it someday, maybe I was wrong and they dont explode after a certain time.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon
                But the grenade explodes after some time. Shoot it straight up in the air, it will detonade a second before landing. Atleast it did that the last time I tried to use my 203 as a mortar.
                Good idead nevertheless(sp?), I`m gonna try it someday, maybe I was wrong and they dont explode after a certain time.
                Thats wrong, you can fire any of the grenade launchers in this game straight up and they do not explode until they impact.

Comment

Then its all good, gonna go and mortar some now.

Comment

I did it with a tank....as commander.

Just aim somewhere, shoot, then watch the commander screen.

you get such good K/Ds with it, now THAT is a mortar.

Comment

The problem with that is in urban maps, buildings tend to get in the way. However it sounds reasonable enough, but you need to first find a BF2 player that doesnt care about points and would tell you where your grenades are going.

Similar to the 'random' grenade idea. I was playing on my clan server, i was firing tows from the suburb (yes from the suburb) across the river towards the cement factory. All i could hear on TS, from other clan members (on the oher team) was 'where the f*** is that coming from'. They then went to the factory, so i fired random tows in that general direction. Again on TS 'who is firing that'. Apparently i nearly killed them. It was funny lol.If you are bored and have time to spare, like me, if you go commander and zoom in on where you are trying to fire a tow. Fire it, go to commander screen and you can adjust the direction.

From the train accident tow, to the right hand side karkand USMC spawn point, (where they all snipe on the hill) i killed 2 people as the ran down it.

Comment

Originally posted by oli19 View Post
                        The problem with that is in urban maps, buildings tend to get in the way. However it sounds reasonable enough, but you need to first find a BF2 player that doesnt care about points and would tell you where your grenades are going.

Similar to the 'random' grenade idea. I was playing on my clan server, i was firing tows from the suburb (yes from the suburb) across the river towards the cement factory. All i could hear on TS, from other clan members (on the oher team) was 'where the f*** is that coming from'. They then went to the factory, so i fired random tows in that general direction. Again on TS 'who is firing that'. Apparently i nearly killed them. It was funny lol.If you are bored and have time to spare, like me, if you go commander and zoom in on where you are trying to fire a tow. Fire it, go to commander screen and you can adjust the direction.

From the train accident tow, to the right hand side karkand USMC spawn point, (where they all snipe on the hill) i killed 2 people as the ran down it.
                        When I played Special Forces for the FIRST time, I sniped a Spetz (infantry) who was in the middle of the map, with a TOW.

I was in SAS spawn

Comment

Not really, you would need to be commander and that means you would not get points for the kills. But it would be kinda cool.

Cheers

Comment

A mortar with a sniper spotting for it? No way, that would be impossible to program into a BF game.

Oh wait, it was in BF42 mod Desert Combat!!! :nerr:

Seriously though, the mortar was one of my favorite weapons in that game, it came with the support kit (Shotgun, wrench, medpack, mortar). One of my best BF kills ever was when a Hind pilot was screwing with me as I was running in the hills near the Opposition airfield spawn on Gazala. He'd take a single shot as I ran over a hill. He'd let me slide down the hill, then shoot at me as I ran up another hill. I finally found a large hill, slid all the way down and armed the mortar at the bottom. Just as he appeared over the crest of the hill, I put a mortar shell right into the cockpit glass, BOOM! There was much sh*t-talking after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet Magnet View Post
                              A mortar with a sniper spotting for it? No way, that would be impossible to program into a BF game.
                              who said anything about programing.... you just have one guy tell the other one where his nades are landing so that he can adjust his aim. my friend said he did this in project reality once with his squad (my comp cant handle that mod so i wasnt playing). He hid on a building and had his whole squad with ammo and a bunch of gls back a ways on the street. they fired over the building and he directed them until there was a constant arty barrage on the enemy base.

Comment

Working...
                              X