Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for a heli buddy.

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
    Get out key was in the commo-rose for the times you need to tell everyone to bail the f*ck out the blackhawk before you get TVed.

PROVE IT. Link us to a DICE representative stating the above. Otherwise, you're just picking and choosing as you see fit.

You've redlined 10 people? Congrats, I also have a "heli buddy", number of redlines = 0. Guess I have a higher tolerance than you. Like I said, the skill of my gunner really doesn't affect me.

Your gunner's skill does affect you, but for some reason, you missed the part where I mention skilled opposition and your futile attempts at using dumb-fire rockets to attack. You'll learn eventually, I suppose...

"You forgot the part where you die 15 seconds after takeoff in a helo vs helo duel because your gunner was an incompetent newbie."

Chris knows what I'm talking about.

The pilot should deal with enemy attack helis, pure and simple. I just fly right up to them and take them out of the air with hydras, because hitting a heli with a TV is very inefficient. You either drive them into the ground as they do your typical competitive/boring range game routine, or you kill them. Sure, if they have a competent gunner you die if you're not twice as competent, but that's where differing tactics & play styles come in.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA *catches breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA .
    So, using a powerful, guided weapon is less efficient than a weak, unguided weapon? Bud, if I wasn't in the canadian arctic with a sh*tty internet connection, I would publicly challenge you right now to a 1v2 with your gunner of choice, just to prove a point: you won't make it 50 yards in before I blow you out of the sky with a TV. On the off chance that I miss the first, believe me, the second won't. Adapt to the times, camper... it's very romantic to yearn for those pilot vs pilot fights, but those times are gone.
    :laugh:

Comment

saying the TV is inefficient?
      Oh lord.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
        So, using a powerful, guided weapon is less efficient than a weak, unguided weapon? Bud, if I wasn't in the canadian arctic with a sh*tty internet connection, I would publicly challenge you right now to a 1v2 with your gunner of choice, just to prove a point: you won't make it 50 yards in before I blow you out of the sky with a TV. On the off chance that I miss the first, believe me, the second won't. Adapt to the times, camper... it's very romantic to yearn for those pilot vs pilot fights, but those times are gone.

I'm talking about in a random server, playing casually. I did acknowledge that in a direct 1v1, I'd get blown out of the sky trying that, but that's where sneaking up comes in.

As for TVs being inefficient, I mean that it can take multiple shots if either the pilot or gunner isn't skilled enough. Plus everyone has bad days - the hydras know no lag.

"PROVE IT. Link us to a DICE representative stating the above. Otherwise, you're just picking and choosing as you see fit."

Of course it has no basis, but neither does saying that the button was there purely for someone to claim a vehicle for themselves. Besides, DICE implemented that feature sperately, it's called an M95/C4 to windscreen. The button is there, you can do whatever the f*ck you like with it. Still, I prefer using it (directly) for teamwork.

Your gunner's skill does affect you, but for some reason, you missed the part where I mention skilled opposition and your futile attempts at using dumb-fire rockets to attack. You'll learn eventually, I suppose...

Skilled opposition is rare. If there is "skilled opposition", then I'd resort to Chris Redfield's tactics. Gunners skill doesn't affect me much, mostly because I fly differently from you lot.

"Chris knows what I'm talking about."

I don't die 15 seconds in because I just hover backwards and let them waste their 8 TVs destroying air, or lure them back to base where they just get ripped up by everything else.

You can be Jesus in a helicopter, you're not hitting me if I'm out of range.

God forbid, someone doesn't *conform* to your playstyle...

"So, using a powerful, guided weapon is less efficient than a weak, unguided weapon?"

Only long range (TVs are more efficient). I'd love to see you do that in a CQC battle with both of us 5-10 in-game meters away and hovering at about 40.

I'm a hit-and-run type, I can't stand barrel rolling games.

Comment

I'd love to see you do that in a CQC battle with both of us 5-10 in-game meters away and hovering at about 40.
          I have more than 300 hours of pure flying spread over three different accounts and have done more than my share of ballet dancing with other helis trying to take me down. If anyone knows anything about 1v1, dumb-rocket combat and has survived to tell the tale, it's me.

Range games are a valid tactic, but to suggest that you're immune to TV attacks because you employ the technique is naive. Some of the most talented teams on TWL attempt it and still get caught because the other team outsmarted them or performed another maneuver they weren't expecting as a result of their simplistic "hit and run" tactic.

You have to diversify

But see, that's the thing: we could very well dance around and try to out-rocket each other, but why would anyone go through the wasted time and effort of doing so when they can take you out before you even know they're in the sky? Again, it's very romantic and cool, but highly inefficient and not worthwhile. If everyone on your team performed their duties, we could go at it all day long and it would be a lot of fun, but when you're almost required to take out all of the armored opposition for your team to capture flags, you don't have time to waste closing in on a heli for CQC: it's more logical to simply take the heli out with a TV and proceed to the next target.

Comment

lol inefficient tv missiles

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
              Bottom line is everyone has more fun when they actually are able to play as a team. Solo Guiding, and Redlining are not needed. People who do it should learn to use the dumb fires more effectively. Solo Guiding, and even TV Guiding is not as skillful as everyone makes it out to be, example AH-1Z Vs. Mec Chopper (MI-28?). Two skilled great gunners in both seats, who do you think has the disadvantage, the Cobra Slim harder to hit, or the big giant MEC chopper?

Everyone says theres excuses for redlining, yeah perhaps if the same idiot jumps in when you have a gunner, but to solo guide? Nope theres no excuse its a lame tactic, and it kills the game play when some idiot is hovering 200 feet in the air, solo guiding down at me, and most of them don't give you a chance to get up. Thats why I stick to SF now days much more fun and less BS involved. Its foul how a low rank PFC can come into the game and start solo guiding, and actually get 20-30 kills.

Unfortunately I have to support it and then I don't.. I mean its hard to find a gunner these days, and its easier to achieve your objective, and it even frees up a man in the leagues ( I don't play in). However if you can remember back before EA nerfed the blackhawk, made the planes so noobish, and nerfed all helicopters hit points, and missiles.. Solo Guiding wasn't even thought of. To me I have more fun, when the pilot I am vsing is not trying to solo guide me instead hes making us of the 8 missiles, and hes doing it effectively, regardless of how good or dumb he may look to some hes the guy I respect.

If I play vanilla and I do not have a gunner, and am forced to solo guide and the other chopper is even just a low rank and he comes at me fighting me with dumb-fires then I will not kill him by that cheap *** tactic. Tanks - I kill with dumb fires, AA Dumb fires, Infantry dumb fires.. One can become skilled if they practice enough.. I have mastered maps like wake so I can hit the stationary AA with 2 dumb fires from a distance, only 2 of them but its effective and I can pretty much guess the others and get them from a distance.

Pilots do a lot more work, then the gunners ever do. The gunner to me is a relaxed position, unless you have a crappy pilot. The one guy I played with not mentioning his name he was banned, he flew with me once and he could hit targets FAR off perfectly fine, but when it came time to hit one up close he missed all the time. He claimed to be the best but I ran into gunners who can take down helos up close, or far away... Even ones that use the gunner effective enough to actually shoot helicopter pilots out, or down them with the MEC helo cannon..

Comment

But see, that's the thing: we could very well dance around and try to out-rocket each other, but why would anyone go through the wasted time and effort of doing so when they can take you out before you even know they're in the sky? Again, it's very romantic and cool, but highly inefficient and not worthwhile. If everyone on your team performed their duties, we could go at it all day long and it would be a lot of fun, but when you're almost required to take out all of the armored opposition for your team to capture flags, you don't have time to waste closing in on a heli for CQC: it's more logical to simply take the heli out with a TV and proceed to the next target.
                Heh ;-)

Comment

Get out key was in the commo-rose for the times you need to tell everyone to bail the f*ck out the blackhawk before you get TVed.
                  Right, just because YOU say that. Someone has to get off that high horse, I guess.

If your case was correct, wouldnt it sound a little more like this?

"HOLY SH!T AND SMOKINĀ“ RAISINS WERE ON FIRE! EJECT EJECT EJECT!!!!!" [/dramatic voice]

First come first serve indeed. But that doesn't mean if you're in the heli, your heli-buddy has an automatic right to be in with you.
                  Since you rascals like to call the helo a "team vehicle", he has more right to be there than you. Me and him are a team, youre not.

People with the least shame - that's my exact point. I've seen more shame from heli buddies. Everything from redlining, m95ing, tking and c4ing.
                  Ive seen more shame from soloers, Ive also seen sh!tloads of shame from people who were being random as5holes on the carrier. Helo buddies are actually a RARITY. Good helo buds are even more rare.

Confucius very wise man. He say: you *******.
                  Confucius was an as5hole, youre two notches lower.

You've redlined 10 people? Congrats, I also have a "heli buddy", number of redlines = 0. Guess I have a higher tolerance than you. Like I said, the skill of my gunner really doesn't affect me.
                  About 10. +- who cares. Bottomline. I have very, very little trust in strangers, and when I see my great great great intraweb pwnagetools log in and ask for a game with me on a helo (and Im not really that good as a pilot), I will gladly do everything in my power to have that game- because its sh!tfull of fun to have a good game with a person you trust to do his/her job.

But then again, with you having so much experience with a horde of different newbies, I wouldnt even imagine what youve gone through.

You and I have had different experiences. You like to generalise people based on what you see, that's not a good tactic.
                  Its not a tactic, its just not giving people the benefit of the doubt. A chopper is either a solo bird where you rely on yourself, or a team vehicle where you rely on your teammate. Note the word RELY. In order for that vehicle to function properly, there has to be some experience and trust between the gunner seat and the pilot seat.

1. Pilot starts to solo, using both seats
                  2. Pilot has a dedicated gunner
                  3. Pilot ignores the gunner and uses only the FFARs

God forbid the world isn't black and white.
                  I try to keep hypocrisy to minimum, you embrace it. I dont like you anymore.

Playing on the wrong servers.
                  I dont think so.

The pilot should deal with enemy attack helis, pure and simple. I just fly right up to them and take them out of the air with hydras, because hitting a heli with a TV is very inefficient. You either drive them into the ground as they do your typical competitive/boring range game routine, or you kill them. Sure, if they have a competent gunner you die if you're not twice as competent, but that's where differing tactics & play styles come in.
                  ROFLMAOCAKE?

This here shows how much you know about the topic. Please, do me a favour and watch the following videos-

AH1Z Predrag has one (excellent skill in chopper downage)
                  Sloi 3 videos

If you pay attention, you will notice SKILL that will not give you a chance to approach. If you do approach, heres the scenario what happens-

While youre keeping your nose down to put forward, they are gaining altitude on you, and backing off to constantly fire off TV shots. And even if by some odd miracle you manage to get into FFAR range, they will still have the upper hand in the combat, either forcing you into the ground, OOB, or run, and in the last case they will get continuous TV and FFAR shots at you.

You have lost the dogfight before you even began aproaching him.

The only times I've ever died 15 seconds after takeoff in a heli vs heli duel is when I was the noob and didn't evade.
                  Jesus, you must have either flown with newbies only (and against newbies only) or youre new to the helo world alltogether and trying to come up with "facts" and "experiences" to back up your claims.

Any chopper pilot worth his salt will laugh at your statements.

Luckily, they have these things called "32 player servers" where air vehicles are free for a dedicated heli team.
                  As if...

You most likely play on low pinged servers. I play on US servers mostly with 100-160 ping, with my gunner having similiar. When the ping between us = 400ms, the TV comes out almost 2 heli lengths to my side. I have to lead the target by an equal amount to get a dead on lineup.
                  150 for me, and not below. Thanks. Never had a problem with a gunner. Nor a shot, even when playing with 250 ms ping. Your claim that the TV screen of the gunner can be way off the screen of the pilot is BS.

And I have fun in teaching random noobs to gun, and be better team players, because they don't have to put up with an *******/jerk of a pilot. Different principles...
                  Bullsh!T. If I thought you were sincere, I would bow. But in this case, youre not doing anything more than just trying to show yourself as a knight in shining armor.

NOBODY is that stupid to teach random newbies time after time for 2 years. Because as most of us know.. a limited number of them actually listen.

Excellent, compare me to Bush. Utter genius... Wait, it didn't work back when Bush senior was in power... and doesn't now. DIAF, for that.
                  Wow, that is just... weak.

I've killed almost as many helis with the cannon as with the TV. Windscreen...
                  Precisely my point- you have played ONLY against newbies. My god, what server is that!

Confucius say, buy your own server and call it "dA!", then you can be an ******* in peace. Good thing the servers I play on insta-ban dickheads like that.
                  No no. I get it. The servers you play on must be some ****ed up nests for BF2 rejects. Youve proved that on those servers, there are no people with ACTUAL skill in anything. Im willing to bet those servers have UCB restrictions, and have a very high rate of banning for "hacks" by admins.

Perfect.

Comment

The only times I've ever died 15 seconds after takeoff in a heli vs heli duel is when I was the noob and didn't evade.
                    your worthless tactics will work against bots in single player and noobie dumba$$ pilots who have no awareness whatsoever and don't know how to use the minimap and "mouse look". fvcking nub.

Comment

Working...
                    X