BF2 Pings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Pings

i bought the game yesterday, played a game, with the 1.21 patch i think? that was from the retail cd, my ping was like 30-40, i installed 1.41 patch, played a game, and now my ping, and everyone elses on the server are mostly over 100, like 130, only 1 or 2 are 50, just wondering is this the same for everyone on the new patch? i dont seem to lag or anything, but just dont get why ping has changed on new patch?

Re: BF2 Pings

were you still able to find a server to play on using that patch?? I often thought about re-installing and not updating the patch just to see what the game used to be like, 1.3 came out the day I installed the game so I dont know what it used to be like

Comment

Are you sure you weren't just on a local server (IE, in your country) before you patched, and then after you patched you joined a server located further away? That would explain the ping.

Comment

ye there was bout 30 servers

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
        Are you sure you weren't just on a local server (IE, in your country) before you patched, and then after you patched you joined a server located further away? That would explain the ping.
        how do i tell what server i joined? the ping in the server list was 0 so i assume it shud be better surely? unless all the servers are american? im from the UK

Comment

different servers have different ping times. uk will be 10-30ms, europe maybe 30-40ms and other countries like usa 100ms.

just put "UK" in the server filter and it'll bring up a few uk servers u can join like multiplay or jolt.

Comment

internet speed is the answer im on 20mb b/band with 1.41 patch i hit 12 ping everytime

Comment

Originally posted by zaac123 View Post
              internet speed is the answer im on 20mb b/band with 1.41 patch i hit 12 ping everytime
              No its not, you only need a certain amount of bandwidth for net code. Not to mention, that DSL2+ has a higher latency than its slower DSL predecessor.

Comment

im on 10mb, but ye i was joining american servers by the looks, werent laggin jus my ping was 100+ on em, will joinm euro now! thanks for help

Comment

Originally posted by KaotiK360 View Post

how do i tell what server i joined? the ping in the server list was 0 so i assume it shud be better surely? unless all the servers are american? im from the UK
                  The BF2 browser is sh1te. The server would not have been 0 ping...the browser didn't ping it properly. You are better off disregarding any that are 0 ping because they could be anything

Comment

Originally posted by O2zi3 View Post
                    The BF2 browser is sh1te. The server would not have been 0 ping...the browser didn't ping it properly. You are better off disregarding any that are 0 ping because they could be anything
                    i would say your better off ignoring ANY ping time the browser shows you (all pings are wrong no matter where the server is), just go for a server that you know is in your country.

Comment

Working...
                    X