Weird Lag Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Lag Issue

I have been playing battle field 2 fine for about 3 months, no problems period.

for some reason, starting on Friday, when I play in a game, online or offline, the graphics seem to be all laggy. The mouse skipps around all slowly, it is extremely hard to aim on someone.

It just randomly started on friday and I cant seem to find the problem, I havent changed any settings or hardware and have been able to play the game fine, no problems for a good 3 months now.

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS AS TO WHAT THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE? I dont believe its a hardware issue, and another weird thing is I can play other game fine, just bf2 seems to be this way.

Re: Weird Lag Issue

could be something running in the background, ie anti-virus/anti-spyware, even MS updates

Comment

Friday evenings?
      Its kids with crap connections night!!
      They've all been released for the weekend to lag BF2 up for the rest of us

Comment

Originally posted by lamri35UK View Post
        Friday evenings?
        Its kids with crap connections night!!
        They've all been released for the weekend to lag BF2 up for the rest of us
        true lol, but it even happens when I play single player, offline

Comment

Does it happen in SP even if you log on as default player (offline only account)?

Comment

Originally posted by lamri35UK
            Does it happen in SP even if you log on as default player (offline only account)?
            It doesnt matter what profile I use, online or offline, either one I play on any of my profiles, the lag is horrible, the aim and like movement of the mouse is very skippity, it doesnt start untill I am on a map, while im just in the special forces or bf2 menu's everything is fine, again thsi all started out of no where and I have actually been playing since december with no problems untill now.

Comment

If it is happening even when using the offline account then I suggest it is something on your PC mate.
              Check for Spyware/Adware and a possible Virus. Close down or at least check out the stuff running in the background, something might be trying to update perhaps?

Comment

What are your system specs?

Have you change anything recently on the pc, ie drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic View Post
                  What are your system specs?

Have you change anything recently on the pc, ie drivers?

I did update a driver for my graphics card, it did start algging around that time, but I rolled back my driver thinking it may be causing the lag, and even thoug hI rolled back my driver it still lags.

Comment

Originally posted by lordspoon16 View Post
                    I have been playing battle field 2 fine for about 3 months, no problems period.

for some reason, starting on Friday, when I play in a game, online or offline, the graphics seem to be all laggy. The mouse skipps around all slowly, it is extremely hard to aim on someone.

It just randomly started on friday and I cant seem to find the problem, I havent changed any settings or hardware and have been able to play the game fine, no problems for a good 3 months now.

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS AS TO WHAT THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE? I dont believe its a hardware issue, and another weird thing is I can play other game fine, just bf2 seems to be this way.
                    try cleaning up your system. disk defrag, disk cleanup, and make sure you dont have any unwanted apps running in the background; check this by typing "msconfig" in start->>run...

Comment

Umm... i'll point out the obvious. Make sure that your graphics and sound options are set to a level that your computer can cope with (IE. A Radeon x300 will lag when graphics are all on high!)
                      Secondly, make sure that you haven't accidently switched on advanced settings for games in your graphics card program. For example, when i first got BF2 it was lag free, but i went into Nvidia control panel and turned on advanced graphics options which overroad my default BF2 settings, and thus, caused it to lag. Took me weeks to work out what i had done!

Comment

Sure its not a hardware problem...

Overheating graphics card?

Comment

i think you might have some evilllllll virus in your pc/spyware download bit defender free trial run and tell us if it find's any virus

Comment

its not jus you! a few people are having this problem, aswell as me mate, ive ran anti spyware, anti virus, even rebooted ma comp! still a mess, u get about 10 mins of game play then u do sumit fun like get in a jet or tank and it can't handle it, what ive noticed its when alots happeninin it goes mental, ie 3 or 4 guys hittin a tank or sumfin

Comment

Working...
                            X