Zatar is a very under apreciated map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zatar is a very under apreciated map

too bad the map has been seriously bugged since the game came out, the fact this simple bug has never been fixed shows how much the developers care about proper patches. the bug i am talking about is the having to click about 3 inches up and to the left to select a flag or a squad leader, if you drop arty or plant UAV it goes about 200 meters (usually) to the left of where you place them, sometimes not, meaning you cannot even predict, ignoring that tho probably has the most important flag of any map, soon as i spawn i take jet parachute to middle flag cap it, grab chopper and it = insta win with all the juicy targets around, (provided my team isn't full of nubs and we manage to hold the flag for some time)

Comment

Originally posted by eddyeddyd View Post
      That guy should make his own booster pack with ALL the maps of HIS DESIGN ONLY
      When was the last time you saw day light??

Comment

stalemate is also a under apreciated map

theres like 2 servers ever playing it

Comment

Whoever put that helo spawn in Zatar needs to get shot.
          The thing is camped by everything in the game. A well placed mobile AA and a supplybox is enough to ground the chopper for the entire round.

Comment

great map
            agree
            24/7

Comment

Originally posted by bazzamattaza View Post
              When was the last time you saw day light??
              STOP USING WORDS I DONT UNDERSTAND

Comment

Now let me counter your praise of Zatar. Zatar is a great map for jets and the helicopter. For the rest of us on the ground, it is a lesson in random deaths. The jets never stop whoring the flags which are nothing more than a flag pole and a bale of hay and the chopper is able to respond much too quickly to almost any flag on the map. And since many of the people who are playing BF2 are only interesting in whoring, the game centers (no pun intended) on the one flag that spawns a chopper. Take off in any vehicle to go from flag to flag and you might as well be playing craps as to whether you will reach your destination. The sounds in this game were implemented so poorly that choppers and jets can totally surprise you even when they are within 100 meters. Couple that with one hit kills from tv missles and jet bombs and the ability of jets to hunt little white squares over a perfectly flat and desolate area and you have the makings of a very crappy map.

So, I correct your statement: Zatar is a great jet and helicopter whoring map.

P.S. And whose genius idea was it to have only one chopper on the map so whoever has it can whore it up with no competition, And please don't say stingers. With no obstacles the jets can see you a mile away and shoot/bomb you in an instant before you ever heard or saw anything coming. Another lesson in crappy sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by cwv_8t88 View Post
                  So, I correct you statement: Zatar is a great jet and helicopter whoring map.

P.S. And whose genius idea was it to have only one chopper on the map so whoever has it can whore it up with no competition, And please don't say stingers. With no obstacles the jets can see you a mile away and shoot/bomb you in an instant before you ever heard or saw anything coming. Another lesson in crappy sounds.
                  No obstacles also means no cover against AA.
                  I don't think it is a great chopper map - especially if you are grounded. Everything rapes the hell out of the chopper spawn when it is down.

Comment

its like that with most maps!

Comment

I love Zatar, and I don't fly. AA vehicles and tanks dominate.

It's a lot of fun, but because there is almost no CQC, people avoid it. Some of my best armor-whoring is on that map.

Comment

I can pwnzor choppers with either a stinger, eryx/sraw, or m95 BAM

Comment

How does a 24/7 Zatar 64slot sound?

Comment

Originally posted by eddyeddyd View Post
                            I can pwnzor choppers with either a stinger, eryx/sraw, or m95 BAM
                            I would comment...but no I'll leave it to someone else.... :\

Originally posted by N2K View Post

Comment

there is a 24-7 zatar server up 208.100.0.27:16567

Comment

Originally posted by N2K View Post
                                I'll give it a try, not a great fan of Zatar.

Comment

Working...
                                X