17 sq km, 1km view range

Re: v0.6 low budget teaser

??????????????????????

wtf

Comment

the map is 4km by 4km (17 square km) with 1000m viewdistance with no lag
      so hawt

the biggest BF2 map by comparison is Zatar - 2km * 2km (4 square km) with 450m viewdistance

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_995
        ??????????????????????

wtf
        If you don't understand,

The framerate is 98 FPS

The map is 17 square kilometres (four times the size of Al Basrah)

The range shown on the range finder is 851m

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
          the map is 4km by 4km (17 square km) with 1000m viewdistance with no lag
          so hawt

the biggest BF2 map by comparison is Zatar - 2km * 2km (4 square km) with 450m viewdistance
          I'm guessing this is part of the whole realism thing, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Unclean009
            Yeah you'll be able to engage enemies from MUCH further now. You can truly have "long range" battles. It eliminates the problem of having iobjects disappear due to draw distance.

Comment

honestly, this mod is doing much more for bf2 than some ****ty nostalgia ever could

Comment

Originally posted by Unclean009
                hell no - the possibilities are incredible just for raw gameplay
                1000m sniper shots, realistic tank battles, jet dogfights
                Anyone who thinks the PR mod is realistic is bonkers but because everything behaves with more fidelity to the real thing, it requires so much more skilful play and ups the intensity and simultaneously removes all the **** from BF2 (bunnyhopping, bb gun bullets, deathmatch gameplay, spawn raping, invulnerable jets)

Comment

Can't wait for this - looks AWESOME. With the capabilities of weapons in Project Reality (especially with the new aircraft changed and truly devastating armor), this will be amazing.

Comment

Question is, how will the performance look like when there's some stuff on the map, not only raw terrain.

BTW, what source is that coming from?

Comment

Originally posted by Unfocused
                      Question is, how will the performance look like when there's some stuff on the map, not only raw terrain.
                      Depends on how much "stuff". With the way it is now (relatively flat terrain, few statics, and a ton of vehicles) it runs fantastic. However, don't expect a map this big with such an amazing view distance that has alot of statics. The BF2 engine simply can't handle it.

At any rate, this isn't a map that should have a ton of statics. It is for amazing, long distance, realistic combined arms warfare.

BTW, what source is that coming from?

Comment

Originally posted by solodude23
                        Depends on how much "stuff". With the way it is now (relatively flat terrain, few statics, and a ton of vehicles) it runs fantastic. However, don't expect a map this big with such an amazing view distance that has alot of statics. The BF2 engine simply can't handle it.

At any rate, this isn't a map that should have a ton of statics. It is for amazing, long distance, realistic combined arms warfare.

http://realitymod.com/forum/t19021-p...et-teaser.html

all i can say to that is.........................you are going to wet yourself when you find out what's happening! You'll find out come the release date of v0.6

Comment

Originally posted by [R-PUB]MrD
                          all i can say to that is.........................you are going to wet yourself when you find out what's happening! You'll find out come the release date of v0.6
                          So you're doing some major optimizations to the engine? I hope that includes removing the texture flickering at long distances (or is that only a bug I'm experiencing :?)?

Comment

There's not really much any BF modders can do to optomise the engine.. it's a closed system. What we are doing is trying our best to work around the limitations to achieve our game play objectives.

Comment

WHEEEEEEEEE! This mod is getting awesome...hey is the M16A4 in 0.6 ?

I...I....I might....:cry: if it isn't. No acctually death is more apropriate

Comment

Working...
                              X