Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EoD2 - Your thoughts?

What are your thoughts on the mod?

Personally, i think it is amazing. I was playing Deep Jungle, and it was like i was actually there. The noise and the lighting is excellent. Little Vietnamese soldiers running into my Thompson fire, is hugely satisfying.

How about everyone else?

Re: EoD2 - Your thoughts?

is it compatible for single player?

Comment

i was playing it for minutes then i lost connection and quited, now i just went to play it again and servers refusing connection

Comment

I think its superb.

The mortars, the Huey, the music playing on the radios..

I tip my hat to the dev team.

People need to try this mod.

stalker, I beleive there are 3 or 4 SP maps - I didn't try them, though.

Comment

alright thanks... torrenting now, looks like fun

Comment

Well, I'll tell you in 5 hours

Comment

the sniper rifles are to strong

the sounds need to be worked on

the colours on the scoreboard need a fix

I was getting frustrated getting killed by a sniper in one hit right when I spawn

Comment

Its definitely the best mod I've played so far. The maps are amazing, especially Dawn At the Rice Paddies. The jungle foliage is very well done, so many places to hide.

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-Max
                  the sniper rifles are to strong
                  I was getting frustrated getting killed by a sniper in one hit right when I spawn
                  It's supposed to be like that it's NOT vanilla it doesn't take 2-3 hits with a sniper rifle to kill someone

Comment

The mod is by far the best I've played so far. I've tried:

DCON
                    EoD
                    PR

While DCON brings back the DC fun, it brings nothing new. I give the dev team credit for the replicas of the old maps, but I haven't seen any new content with the exception of one map, and a modded Masturr. The sounds are, well, pretty lame, and the game is poorly optimized.

PR is a pretty amazing mod, but it turned an arcade game into a simulator. If it were more arcade based, the mod would be fantastic. The sound are great, the atmosphere is amazing, especially when cobras and A10s fly by. BUT, the spawn times are incredibly long, the whole kit request thing is annoying and rather stupid IMHO.

EoD2 however pretty much got it right. The sound is purely amazing. The foliage is extremely detailed, the battles are intense and it brings NEW CONTENT to the game. There's only one thing I noticed they ported over, and that was the sound of the tank firing. Everything else is pretty much new content. My hats off to the dev team. They did a hell of a job.

However, I do have a gripe. While the infantry battles are NICE, I believe there was only ONE map with the Huey in it! Hell, I can't even find the Cobra. I also only saw one map with a tank in it! Basically, my only gripe is a lack of vehicles and good vehicle battles.

Other than that - AMAZING mod!

It seems BSS contains a pretty talented team! EoD is amazing, PR is decent, and I'm hoping and praying that USI will follow suit!

Comment

Like the sounds, the weapons/gameplay etc etc
                      I give it a 8+(thats a 2+ or - I guess in N.america)
                      Very good job I say

Comment

You should try POE2 jnick...based on your feedback of the other mods I get the impression you'll like that one.

To get back on topic...EoD is OK for a first release. Needs various tweaks to gameplay, probably a third of the maps I really didn't care for and the mod badly needs more maps with vehicles(this is battlefield...gimme some vehicles to play with!).

Comment

Thanks for the comments, keep them coming, it can only help us.

Bear in mind that as we have stated before, this was mainly an infantry release.

We want to get it ballanced and playing nice before adding tons of vehicles in the next major release.

Thanks

Comment

A little too much infantry combat for me. I prefer vehicles. I'll be waiting for future releases. In the meantime, I'll keep playing BFV for my vietnam fix.

Comment

I really liked it and the whole atmosphere from playing it , my only complaint would be that the mossin ( non-scoped ) needs to do more damage it took me like 2-3 shots to kill someone and the mossin sniper is overpowered , other than that absolutely amazing job thanks to the devs !

Comment

Working...
                              X