is this allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this allowed?

i was in a server today, and was kicked for getting in the heli, without ventrillo...

i wonder if they are allowed to enforce the use of third party software by kicking users who havent installed it....i think this is BS, and they shouldnt be allowed to admin a ranked server if they are going to be like that....

i know the pathetic argument 'their server they can do whatever they want' and it dont fly, these servers are RANKED PUBLIC servers, and nothing in any of my BF2 literature, rules or anything it sayd i have to install some third parrty software to use the vehicles ipayed for when i purchased the game...

let me know what u think about this

Re: is this allowed?

There are far too many good servers out there; for you to ever bother worrying about the ones that suck.

Right now instead of posting you could be terrorizing some helpless infantry and armor on a different server.

Comment

Should report then to ROE so other players dont have to put up with their crap .

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
        Right now instead of posting you could be terrorizing some helpless infantry and armor on a different server.
        Good point. I know it's lame that they enforce crap rules like that with bans/kicks, but there's also not much that people can do about it.

Comment

Wait, this is a ranked server? Then you can report them to EA for them doing that man, ranked servers that are rented by them, they are not allowed to do that.

Comment

EA pulled the plug on ROE? Yeah, people should just take the not-so subtle hint and stop crying about every little transgression because it's obvious EA/DICE won't do anything to help.

Comment

That server should at least be reported, and have their 'ranked' status removed ...or at least remove such a dumb rule. There has to be some kind of standards between servers to get 'ranked' status. Admins shouldn't have the ability to "do whatever they want". I understand some flexibility, but I think demanding players use a certain third party application as crossing the line. What I also would like to know is which server it is, so I can avoid it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                EA pulled the plug on ROE?
                Apparently not i had bad information. apparently it was getting a makeover and is now total roe

Comment

Originally posted by (TM)KillJoy
                  There has to be some kind of standards between servers to get 'ranked' status.
                  their is - its the difference between some money and loads of money - it is EA after all

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty
                    Should report then to ROE so other players dont have to put up with their crap .
                    You don't even have to report them, you can just log into one of the thousand + other servers.

Comment

oh, BTW, im aware there are more than one server.....joining another server does not solve anything....please spare us all of these obvious ways around adressing the issue

i believe the server was 'mad max' something-or-other air maps

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                        ....please spare us all of these obvious ways around adressing the issue
                        Why, is it better just making up **** to cry about? Wow, you got kicked from a video game server, how are you holding your world together after such a devastating ordeal?

Comment

Originally posted by xj0hnx
                          Why, is it better just making up **** to cry about? Wow, you got kicked from a video game server, how are you holding your world together after such a devastating ordeal?
                          why are you jumping to such an obserd and ridiculous extreme? im simply posting my experience here in the appropriate forum, if you dont like it, dont view my thread or use your browsers back button...simple....why are you getting so worked up about what i post? its just a forum buddy relax....:laugh:

BTW, i havent made anything up, im simply seeking the opinions of other BF2 players...i feel it was wrong, and i would like to see if everyone agrees, or if there is some legitimate reason for this, or if its even allowed....

thank you for your useless hot-air, i needed another off-topic opinion

Comment

....please spare us all of these obvious ways around adressing the issue

if you dont like it, dont view my thread or use your browsers back button...simple
                            Irony ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by xj0hnx
                              Irony ftw.
                              i see there is no irony here....

i gave you the only possible solution that doesnt stifle my freedom to express relevent opinions, thoughts, or ideas regarding the very subject of this forum....

im sorry you dont see the difference between enforcing unfair rules, and seeking the opinions of forum users about said unfair rules

Comment

Working...
                              X