My Current Ideas for Project Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Current Ideas for Project Reality

Long story short, I thought about adding some new ideas that could be use in Project Reality. Some of them are ideas that couldn’t be use in Battlefield 2’s engine, but I’m just going to post them down anyway. If you have any comments about the ideas I listed, please do post.

____________________Roles____________________

=- Commander -=

1.) If a Commander died, then they should automatically get resign.
    • The point of a commander is to help work with a squad leader or a members of the team and guide them to the right path so they can win the game. So if you have a commander that always going in frontline battle and not focusing on their tasks, then they should automatically get kicked off as a commander position for everytime they died, because they're not doing what they are suppose to. Also, this doing this will make a Commander stay hidden more often so that the enemy wouldn't hunt them down.

____________________Weapons____________________

=- Artillery -=

1.) Artillery in this game should be Louder.
    • Like what most people have asked for, the artillery should produce noise (when dropped on the location) that is very frightening and caused fear to the players. There’s nothing wrong with the original sound, I just thought it need a little tweak or more realism into it.

2.) The noise when Artillery launched.
    • The sound of the artillery when launching shells sounded like nothing in real life, but instead one of those hellfire missiles. I just thought that it’s a good idea to replace the sound of the shells launching and get something a little more realistic.

3.) Damages to Enemy Armor.
    • I don’t really mind this part, and I’m not sure if it could happen in real life. But I thought that Artillery should be able to cause more damages to Armors, such as Tank and APC. The reason why I said I didn’t really mind was because when I was commanding and dropped the shells into enemy tank, they actually exploded and other time when I do it, it didn’t explode. So for this one, it probably needed some little tweak.

4.) Smokes from the explosive blast.
    • In real life, when any high explosive bomb dropped into the ground, the cloud of smokes from the blasts stays there for a very long time. But in this mod, it disappears almost 10 seconds instantly, and I don’t think that is realistic. Maybe increase the timers to 5-10 minutes for the smokes to vanish.

MORE COMING!!!

Re: My Current Ideas for Project Reality

Good, now you just need to put the M16A4...and the mod is done

NO seriously, good idea, every1 put ideas of REAL things that are possible to put in PR and play with....for realism.

I think those are good katie....

Comment

I'd like to add my own idea for PRM, that doesn't however change anything in the game mechanics.

I'd like to see a list of all the people I killed and was killed by, including the time and weapon used, at the end of each round.

Comment

When you killed some one in real life? (You better not), do you see a list popping up in the air saying "You killed him with a baseball bat?", No you don't.

Comment

Great ideas katie.

Comment

Originally posted by Unfocused
            I'd like to add my own idea for PRM, that doesn't however change anything in the game mechanics.

I'd like to see a list of all the people I killed and was killed by, including the time and weapon used, at the end of each round.
            Funny - I was thinking the same the other day
            $kelet0r [Wheelbarrow] Unfocused

Comment

I agree with the arty suggestion, and it reminded me of how useless arty is against enemy armor. Its like the tanks dont even bother moving when its raining arty cause it does no damage.

I very much disagree with the commander suggestion though. Commanders will be getting alot closer to the battle with the upcoming changes in .6. Plus what if some smacktard is TKing the commander and he's forced to resing every time? No thanks.

Comment

Yeah great ideas Katie, where is the MORE COMING!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

Comment

Well you have to understand that I'm reteaching myself C++ because it been awhile, and creating new graphic, while also modeling (but probably wont be successful because of my old GFX card)..so yeah I'm very busy.

Don't worry, I'll post more hopefully tomorrow. But now, Katie[Eat]Cereal.

Comment

haha Katie[eat]cereal.... as in the bf2 kill message? L.p.Johnny[M16A2]jerkface?

Comment

Its actually Lucky Charms cereal, but yeh.

Comment

I used to like that, but meh...cherrios FTW!!! haha

I can't seem to stop asking this....when will the M16A4 be out? With ACOG of course or it's unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieWolf
                          When you killed some one in real life? (You better not), do you see a list popping up in the air saying "You killed him with a baseball bat?", No you don't.
                          Duh, read with understanding ><

At the END OF THE ROUND. Not during the round. At the END of it. Along with the scoreboard, best kits, stars awarded etc. So during the game you wouldn't get that info, but after it's finished you would be able to check.

Comment

i have to agree the sound of the artillery sucks and needs some improving...

and the dust cloud it produces ya i have to agree i think here is a single shot a howitzer idk what it is.... somewhere in ramadi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeij_-3Tw_Y VERY nice explosion

Comment

As far as names showing up when people kill, I think its a good idea, but only if it is limited. I understand why they don't show up when you kill someone, but I think that it should at least show up to the person that got killed.

Basically, keep the "You got killed by...." message, and remove the "You killed..." message. This is of course only the gray text on the bottom left of your screen. Nothing should show up on the top left because then everyone could see it, and that would make the whole thing pointless. Im not sure if Im explaining it right, so if you disagree with this idea, let me know why. I don't see any reason not to.

Edit: Scenario (if you don't fully get what Im saying)- Person A kills person B. Person A gets no confirmation anywhere on his screen (like it is now). Person B gets the "You were killed by..." message on his screen only, just so he knows who killed him. I know it doesn't happen in real life, but what is the harm in knowing the name of the person that killed you?

Comment

Working...
                              X