Claymore help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claymore help!!!

I once switched teams spawned engy and removed all my teams clays from the alleys

Its true, if you see one its to late...

The worse and the most noob thing is the jihad sniper..I swear no matter how long you sit and wait for the clay to disappear it never does, usually ends in a teammate coming up behind you and the jihad sniper getting 2 kills...weak.

Comment

Clays have the "arm time" issue, just like AT Mines, so if the sniper drops it right in front of you, you have a second or two to run, but you'll only die tired.

As for seeing it and turning around, I don't know what to tell you other than watch out for secondary devices.

If i'm trying to defend a flag, I'll set one up in the obvious path, and a second one in the alternate route, but much more discretely.

The first one will get the guys going full tilt, and the second ones will get the cautious guys who saw it and "think" they outsmarted me.

Comment

ive been killed by clays about 20 ft away, as im backing away from the ****ing thing....FFS make them destructable again...

nothing pisses me off more than that douche sniper noobtard who hops around backwards dropping clays in front of me....so pointless and stupid these ppl....

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski
          It's true. If it sees you looking at it, then it will kill you. If you never see it, then you can run right passed it.

normally clays are set of by:
          3 - 4 meters
          .._____..
          ./bbbbb\.
          |bbbbbb|
          claymore

b is when the blast is triggered... not sure about the distance of the semi-circle.
          I'm sorry, but is that a typo? Did you mean 30-40 meters?

Comment

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ^^

I got a few tips by the way, if a sniper starts throwing the claymores down you dash right past em and charge that son of a *****, you almost ALWAYS get him, its because they throw the claymores like this (PS, This X = you, S = Sniper, | = claymore and the < is the threat direction)

X <| S
            <|

Just ran past the door facing you before they are set up and you can get the sniper and just keep going and go around some obstacle to get past them again, leaving you unharmed and the claymores for the little helpless newbies

And I also find that on areas like construction sites, close alley areas that the best method of avoiding the claymores is simply not going near the nearest spots and finding something to jump over the fence at a area where a sniper normally wouldnt throw a claymore down,

for example, city outskirts on Sharqi: (==== is the wall, [] is box and \/ is claymore )
            /
            ================= \/ \/ =====================/
            [ ] <- hop over this box ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski
              It's true. If it sees you looking at it, then it will kill you. If you never see it, then you can run right passed it.
              So how do you know you ran past a claymore if you never saw it

Comment

I once dodged a claymore. I was slowly rounding a corner (an enemy was spotted right around the corner) only to encounter my good ole pal clay. Half of my body was exposed so I quickly strafed in the opposite direction. In the end I was left with half my health. Apparently the wall absorbed the other half of damage.

Comment

Originally posted by redrider
                  The only thing to do is, If you are an engineer, use your wrench on them. I have played rounds on karkand where claymores seem to be everywhere so I respawned as an engineer and spent most of the round removeing the things. All you have to do is crawl up to it and when in range use the wrench on it.
                  its amazing how many people dont actually know about this!!! so many times have i removed clays, n peeps in my team are like "how did you do that"

Originally posted by redrider
                  The things that I know set it off are first trying to get away from it. As long as you dont move away from it it wont explode.
                  thank you for the tip, now next time i see a claymore, ill crawl towards it lol.

nah this post should help out a lot of people, had some good info in it.

Comment

Originally posted by bdm
                    I'm sorry, but is that a typo? Did you mean 30-40 meters?
                    Lol! Yeah, I wasn't sure, but that sounds about right!

Originally posted by bulzenschneider
                    So how do you know you ran past a claymore if you never saw it
                    That's the point. You don't die from the claymore so you know you've sucessfully passed one. They are EVERYWHERE!

Comment

if there was any co-operation in pubs, claymores wont be a problem at all. A medic close behind, ready to heal you, is the trick of clearing out pathways for your teammates. Its like whenever i play karkand, people are scared of dieing, so they dont attack the flag AT ALL just because there are visible claymores on the way. Its super annoying, clays dont have to be as deadly as they are.

like said before, if a sniper is throwing a claymore at you, quicky kill him and run TOWARD the claymore and hop over, 2 seconds is more than enough.

Comment

stupid snipers dropping clays at me instead of fighting is not a problem for me getting killed, everyone knows they take a few seconds to arm, so i usually knife the sniper, running past his claymores (if he doesnt circle back past the first clay)

i have a problem with it because it is a STUPID way to play the game....stupid noob fockwads turn it into nooberfest 07 FFS retards like that dumb the game down and make it ghey

Comment

i remember this one time, i looked at a claymore through my sniper scope a mile away, it blew up and killed me

Comment

Getting free, easy kills is always fun. This game has already been dumbed down enough for 4yos to play it, so I doubt claymore spamming snipers make such a difference.

Comment

watch for them more often is the only thing you can do.

Comment

BF2 is an arcade game, this is merely an intended use of claymores, sure in real life no one would use claymores like this but hey, BF2 is an arcade game!

Comment

Working...
                                X