Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A server dream?

Originally posted by -=[R]=-SilentNite
    As said above in a combination of replies, the best servers have all maps within the rotation with minimal rules.

I will never understand why people place so many rules on an online server. The more rules you have as an admin, the more time you are in your BFCC tools warning/kicking/banning people who aren't following your rules. It simply takes away the admins gaming time.

The only rules I like to see on a server are; no purposeful teamkilling, commanders do not pilot vehicles and no racial slurs or comments. Other than that its fair game. I play by an added rule of no spawn rapping the uncaps until all other flags are captured, but the server doesn't require that rule for me to wish to play that way.

I also prefer to play on servers that switch sides after each round and only have two rounds per map. I like the variety.
    Amen bro, set up a server like this. This is golden.

Comment

Maybe ff on too, erase the risk of getting punished for those who try to purposely get killed. Um, on air maps simple rules such as no arty on main bases , and no jet camping of carrier or main base. And really don't do every map every 3 rounds. God, there are to many of those kinds of servers already, and i will say again you will not have a popular server if you change it from vannila to SF, maybe if you write in the server message(every last week of the month we will do SF) that will allow people to get ready for SF. Randomly changing it from SF to vanilla is not good. Good luck bro.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamPA
        Amen bro, set up a server like this. This is golden.
        I hate servers like this. You lose your squads and have to create them from scratch every round.

Comment

Ok im thinking of 5 rounds a map and ill have alot of maps. If im able to make certain maps have IO i might throw that in every once in awhile. FF will be on but not so sensitive so accidents dont kill everytime. We wont have punish because we will always have admins on to assist. And i will definately have Adverts in the server saying "blah blah SF will be on this time) it will be rare but i wont switch to SF at first. i still enjoy playing Vbf2 maps to much to worry about SF mixtures early in this stage. about team switch not sure usually it helps on maps with uncap flags on 1 team and not for the other ill leave it off for now. Thanks for giving me these suggestions (and keep doing it please =) ) I am ordering my server now and will post the IP in this thread. Once it is up feel free to post feedback in here i will keep an eye on it or psot it on our webby Auraclan.net

Peace

Comment

Man vil is just boaring if it is a city map I mean its the same thing over and over again that is why air maps are awsome make it Wake, Gulf, and Oil that would be my ideal server with 3-4 per round

Comment

Nothing more frustrating then being on a server where more than 5 ppl are cheating.

My suggestion for the admined server is to PAUSE the server every 20-30 minutes and take PB screenies to weed out the cheaters. Let them know what you are doing and watch them run for the hills.

Comment

Originally posted by bauch5
                best map rotation would be 3 rounds per these maps:
                Karkand
                Wake
                Mashturr
                Gulf of Oman
                and maybe daging and dalian.
                Yep, I would say the same

Comment

Ok good news the server is up! i will also update it on the first topic
                  here is what i got:
                  IP :75.126.153.51:16567
                  Server Name: [Aura] Gaming | For the Players
                  Maps-
                  Karkand
                  Sharqi
                  Mashtuur
                  Songhua
                  Dalian Plant
                  Dragon valley
                  Gulf of Omen
                  5 rounds Per Map
                  45min Timelimit (so when low number of player gmaes dont go on forever)
                  Team dmg is set to 50-65%
                  No round end switch
                  right now vehicles are enabled, TK punish is OFF (dont worry admins will watch all the time)
                  These are never final i will change things if nessesary, also feedback prefered at our website www.AuraClan.net

Thanks for helping me out! come on in and play =)

Comment

Awesome man, i'll be on it as soon as i can.

Comment

To me it looks like you have the map selection down. Nice choice. I like the servers that randomize the teams at least every other round. Also I like the ones that enforce the rules, what ever they are, the same for everyone. Good Luck and I have a feeling youll be seeing several of us from time to time. Dont be a stranger. . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Working...
                      X