Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Veteran Armor Badge

Originally posted by 2nd-Irish
    I camp in an APC when i'm playing as commander. Hours add up, you're somewhat protected (when under building cover, or on non-air maps), and you can auto-repair assets by driving up to them.
    And rob your team of a vital asset just to pad your stats?

Comment

Originally posted by -=lKratoS^Q80l=-
      check my BF2 awords they are all silver and gold exept for the armor its bronze lol
      Try getting some of those SF badges too ace.

I think that all vehicle badges should be the same time requirement for basic, vet. & expert. Whether they are all 50 hrs or 100hrs for Vet., it should be consistent.

What makes the armor vet. badge particularly odd is the fact that the Armor Medal is the same time requirement. In other vehicles, the Medals all require more hrs than their respective vet. badges. But that's because EA made changes in past patches and didn't "think it through."

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd-Irish
        I camp in an APC when i'm playing as commander. Hours add up, you're somewhat protected (when under building cover, or on non-air maps), and you can auto-repair assets by driving up to them.
        I hate when people do that. Your WASTING an APC that your team can use. Your just giving the other team an advantage by taking 1 armor vehicle away from your team

Comment

BS.

I generally play 32 man servers that use 64 man maps. There are unused vehicles everywhere.

And how is protecting myself from random arty, and commander hunters "Stat Padding"?

I also tend to get at least a half dozen kills each round with that vehicle from Spec ops trying to destroy my toys, or other armored vehicles infiltrating my base.

Get a life and learn to strategize.

Comment

If I see open Armor while commander I normally type in Caps "FREE APC AT MAIN BASE, PLEASE USE IT!" After a couple mins, I'll hop in and use it to protect assets and even the main base (if it's capable). You also don't want an enemy stealing it either. However, if a teammate comes by, I'll jump out and let them go on their merry way.

So in other words, it depends on the situation for when it's "OK" for a commander to use Armor.

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan
              If I see open Armor while commander I normally type in Caps "FREE APC AT MAIN BASE, PLEASE USE IT!" After a couple mins, I'll hop in and use it to protect assets and even the main base (if it's capable). You also don't want an enemy stealing it either. However, if a teammate comes by, I'll jump out and let them go on their merry way.

So in other words, it depends on the situation for when it's "OK" for a commander to use Armor.
              Agreed, but just sitting in an apc for the whole round is a waste. Even if you are protecting your base from spec ops, you can do that on foot. An APC is best used in the battlefield, not in your base protecting yourself from one spec ops guy. Oh, and you don't need to be in an apc to protect yourself from arty. You can just stand under the gasoline area. Plus, it would be more beneficial to actually ENCOURAGE the other commander to arty you. He is wasting arty on 1 guy, allowing your entire team to not even have to worry about it. So you can't command for 10 seconds and may get some deaths...so what. Your taking a small hit for your team to advance easier.

Comment

If you get expert your either a armour whore or you sit in it when your cammander and do nothing. But the people that do have it probly got it by chance I only have 20 hours in a tank it is my least played next to ground def and air def. If you play wake and are in armour alot time will fly though

Comment

Working...
                X