Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More resolutions after 1280x1024?

Originally posted by camperstrike
    Incorrect, I had a Packard Bell monitor from 1995 that could run 2048x1536@85Hz. The only thing that held me back was the 2MB graphics card.

And the monitors were nowhere near that size, they were 22" at most. My Packard Bell was actually something like 17". Maybe 19", not too sure.
    What did I say that was incorrect? My 17" POS is about 20" deep. To me, that's freaking huge. My friend had a 22" and it had to have weighed over 50 lbs. I never said that higher resolutions didn't exist back then, just that the monitors on which they ran were massive.
    I'm 26, I used monochromatic (green screen) monitors when I was in elementary school. I remember when CGA was the shiznit, EGA came later, and when VGA came out it was a whole new level. Four, sixteen, two-hundred and fifty-six colors!

Comment

Re: More resolutions after 1280x1024?

I am still running my Trinitron 21" CRT. It is hard to get any better in my book, the only problem is the size and weight of the thing. It also produces a lot of heat. More heat then i would like.

Now that I went SLI, I need to crank up my resolution and see what it is like.

Comment

Working...
      X