• Show
Clear All

Re: Fushe Pass is a beautiful map

Good to look at, crap to play on.

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE_18
      Good to look at, crap to play on.
      Amen. Its had good experiences for me but these are sadly rare.

Comment

The USMC have a severe starting disadvantage. The uncap for the USMC is simply too far away from the nearest cappable flags in comparison to the distance that the PLA has to go for their two nearest flags. This makes hopping into an armor a huge chore if you plan to take a nearby flag. Especially since the pathway you take is way out in the open, leaving you at risk to helicopter or jet attack. Worse yet, the two flags that are near the USMC are obscenely easy to carpet bomb (You don't even need bombs for the one up the hill, you can kill any and all infantry nearby with the cannons!), where as the two closest flags to the PLA provide decent cover.

It's far too slow in comparison to the other vehicle maps. It, along with Zatar Wetlands ranks as among BF2's slowest map in this game. Slow has nothing to do with points earned, but slow has everything to do with travelling distance between hotspots. This makes playing armor on these maps atrocious, especially since the majority of the time travelling on clear ledgeways leaves you open to a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Great map unappreciated for it's scenery and layout.

Yeah armor is a pain on it if you use it offensively. If there are good pilots , chugging around in armor is just creating an enticing target for them. Although it's a better map for hiding mobile AA then most. There are lots of nooks and crannies, to at least deter some pilots.

I happen to like buzzing around a map in fast vehicles. Coming at spawns from the the less then obvious paths. Attacking from over looking vantage points.

If you just drive straight to the flag, jump out, and get in a firefight, then yes I suppose the distances traveled become just that. Distances that mean nothing and just have to be traveled. But if you squad lead and have people spawning on you, different inroads to spawns can be interesting.

Most people who squad lead in BF2 lead with their chin. If you don't do that, then any area of even the largest maps can become contested points. There are a lot of bridge choke points on Fushee, that if you have an SL to spawn on, you can really throw a monkey wrench into the other team's plan.

But many people would rather travel straight into a strong hold and die 3 times, then wait and have an advantage over the same equipment, when it's a fish out of water.

What I don't understand about people who play BF2 is they don't grasp the basic strategy that if you have the other team bleeding stand fast where you are located. When you've got the other team bleeding if you leave a spawn to take another one , your probably only giving up the the spawn you just left. For one you might not capture.

Make them come to you and stop the bleed, don't hand that advantage right back to them just because your too impatient to wait.

I find nothing more boring in this game then driving to unoccupied spawns just to watch the flag go down and up then rinse and repeat. Theoretically on Fushee and DV if each team agreed to go a certain direction (say counter clockwise) then the two would never met. I've seen it happen, I'll stay behind as everyone bugs out to cap an undefended spawn, only to be over run by the apposing team doing the same thing. Even though I got slaughtered I actually saw more action.

If you play every map like S.A.K and not like the map that it actually is, your going to be disappointed.

Comment

yeah, most maps that i hate playing on, look nice. fushe pass is a prime example.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
              The gameplay is discussable, but the overall scenery is great.
              who the hell plays BF2 for sight-seeing?

Comment

You guys are nerds, go outside ffs!

Comment

heh, Fushe is like the Chinese karkand on 16-size infantry only.

wish more ranked servers had it =\

Comment

i have 3 hours playing that map and i have had this game over a year
                    i havent even really seen the map so i guess i cant say much. but yeah it seems serene

Comment

Gorgeous map. Good times.

Comment

I love that map, but it just doesn't see the circulation of the others on most servers.

I do agree that it is a good helo/fav map due to the distances. It is fun freewheeling downhill in an APC though.

And a boat ride through the dam holes is great.

Comment

It's a fun map, cool air map a lot of space. I played 24slot IO on a 16 player map, that's also fun.

Comment

Yes it's beutiful...especially the dam/waterfall

Comment

Working...
                            X