Lag, Low Fps w/ 2 Nvidia 7800 GTX 256mb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lag, Low Fps w/ 2 Nvidia 7800 GTX 256mb

I dont have any complains with CS:S. As far as I am not lagging at All High, 1280x1024, 4xAA I wouldnt complain.
    As far as BF2 is concerned, I turned of AA, All medium settings, and looked like it didnt make any difference so why not crank it all out. I feel bad since somebody is gettting smooth fps with a 7800gt.

I have even made BF2.exe high priority through task manager during which fps do improve but when I press "w" it takes it 10 seconds to move the soldier so I had to revert back to normal priority.

I defrag everyday, run adaware, ccleaner, etc.

I cant take it anymore. BF2 is such an awesome game and it should be running fine with this setup. I remember when EA was saying that BF2 would run at high settings with the next generation breakthrough card 6800.

BTW, if I go to 1280x1024 it looks all stretchy and very ugly and does not improve the fps.

Thank you very much for responding. Any more suggestions???

Comment

whats this 1024 x1024 resoultion i only see 1024x768 in game ? am i missing something

Comment

maybe youre using too many uneeded services in xp...take a look at black vipers guide..just google it to find a mirror...cutting down my services in task manager helped me a lot,it doesnt have to be complicated just follow bv's guide

Comment

Originally posted by mills7777 View Post
          whats this 1024 x1024 resoultion i only see 1024x768 in game ? am i missing something
          What kinda monitor you got???

Thx for letting me know about the bv's guide. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by badsubby View Post
            I dont have any complains with CS:S. As far as I am not lagging at All High, 1280x1024, 4xAA I wouldnt complain.
            As far as BF2 is concerned, I turned of AA, All medium settings, and looked like it didnt make any difference so why not crank it all out. I feel bad since somebody is gettting smooth fps with a 7800gt.

I have even made BF2.exe high priority through task manager during which fps do improve but when I press "w" it takes it 10 seconds to move the soldier so I had to revert back to normal priority.

I defrag everyday, run adaware, ccleaner, etc.

I cant take it anymore. BF2 is such an awesome game and it should be running fine with this setup. I remember when EA was saying that BF2 would run at high settings with the next generation breakthrough card 6800.

BTW, if I go to 1280x1024 it looks all stretchy and very ugly and does not improve the fps.

Thank you very much for responding. Any more suggestions???
            Yesterday I tried all sorts of different things. I stuck it on all low and worked my way up. The terrain setting is responsible I think. On SF I went from 800x600 to 1600x1200 and it made absolutely no difference in performance.

Are you using Vista?

Comment

No I am not using Vista. I have tried lowering the settings from high to medium but it does not show any performance increase.

Comment

Turn off the anti-aliasing, and report back.

Also stick the Terrain and Lighting settings on Low, see if that does anything.

Comment

With AA off, I get an extra 10-20 fps bringing it upto 50+ but there are occasional drops at Gulf of Oman server. It look very ugly though.

Comment

Reporting Back...

Hi, I have recently benchmarked BF2 with FRAPS at High, 4xAA, settings at various resolutions. To my surprise, I didnt see any difference in FPS by changing resolutions. In Nvidia cp, I had AFR2 selected for BF2.exe. I have attached 3 graphs for 1680x1050, 1280x1024, and 1024x768. Please take a look and let me know what's going on because it is very mind boggling. :cry:

Thank you for patience and help all along.

FPS is on the vertical axis and time in seconds on the horizontal. Benchmarks were done for exactly 600 seconds (10 minutes) at Moongamers Gulf of Oman server.

EDIT: If you take a look here you can see that they are getting awesome fps with fx 55.

Comment

Its called heat!
                      Remove your fan from your heatsink, clean out all that dreaded dust and your CPU will perform like the day you bought it!! :yay:

Comment

I have no f*cking clue what's up with this, but I'm getting a similar problem. Wake Island, even. I can look towards the mainland from carrier and get 150fps, but I'll turn around and get 24 :shock:. Makes it practically unplayable on the ground in certain places like the Airfield on Wake, Surveillance on Sharqi and others.

Comment

how do i tell fps? pm me plz?

Comment

Use FRAPS, or on the BF2 console (use the button on the left of 1 on the keyboard), write in "renderer.drawfps 1".

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                              I have no f*cking clue what's up with this, but I'm getting a similar problem. Wake Island, even. I can look towards the mainland from carrier and get 150fps, but I'll turn around and get 24 . Makes it practically unplayable on the ground in certain places like the Airfield on Wake, Surveillance on Sharqi and others.
                              What are your specs?

Originally posted by Night735 View Post
                              Its called heat!
                              Remove your fan from your heatsink, clean out all that dreaded dust and your CPU will perform like the day you bought it!! :yay:
                              I got liquid cooling, no fans on the cpu. I got a side panel fan, back fan, psu fan, front fan (brings in air) and 2 fans on top of the case to take out the heat from the tubes).

Can you please elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by badsubby View Post
                                What are your specs?

I got liquid cooling, no fans on the cpu. I got a side panel fan, back fan, psu fan, front fan (brings in air) and 2 fans on top of the case to take out the heat from the tubes).

Can you please elaborate?
                                No comment then if you have liqiud cooling! :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                                X