TV guided missle help thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV guided missle help thread.

All I know is my FPS is VERY high. And that I don't play with a ping of more then 100. My averadge ping is 23-63

Comment

I've tried both styles and now I'm in the middle of those. The problem with clicking slowly is the fact that maybe 20-30% of my clicks don't register. No matter how thoroughly you you push the mouse button, that missile just ignores it. Often, if you count on those few clicks, those made when getting near the target and not registered by game, makes me miss most of the time.

I tried to click very fast but I wasn't too good with that style either. It made it difficult for me to control the crosshair, especially when getting close to the target.

Now I try to click about once in a second. It most certainly suits best for me. After switching to that method I've been managed to drop copter pretty often.

One thing is crucial in my opinion. When two copters are getting close each other, pilot builds the shot. He waits until the missile is loaded and then he offers that moment when to shoot for the gunner. He may even stop the motion for a second to give his gunner a better opportunity to shoot and then keep evading again.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune
        theres always questions being asked about tv missiles, its one of the most controversial things in battlefield 2. Today i found a sergeant major gunning for me, and he didnt even know you can guide it (he was firing it in a straight line).

i disagree with the fast clicking, and whoever said "dont shoot it at where u think they will land. shoot it right at the enemy." from my experiences, i think keeping your clicking to a minimum is more effective. when you fire with the intial click, try to aim ahead of the vehicle your aiming at, so you dont have to chase it all over the place.

and yeah the person in the video is just clicking fast while maintaing a smooth missile path. Its not necessarily faster, because you could be clicking in the corner of the screen, waiting for it to almost reach that direction, then click the corner again and it will turn at the same speed.
        Clicking like crazy works for me, but only because in my mind, they're already dead . Of course, you'd be an idiot to over-click if your target was an easy straight shot, but how many times do you get them? Clicking fast is the only way I've found that'll kill an enemy chopper trying to dodge.

Comment

- Lead the target.
          - Click quickly.
          - Know how hitboxes lag. (Strafing, Barrel Rolls, Oncoming Jets, Outgoing Jets, etc.)
          - Know how "YOU" lag. (Seat Switch Lag, Weapon Switch Lag, Choppiness when guiding TV, etc.)
          - Be methodical in your shots: F2 - Right Click - Left Click - Click-Click-Click-Boom - F1.
          - Learn to 'correct' shots, by firing blindly, and then leading it to a target that you didn't know was there until it came into your view.

Comment

lol thnx this has helped me cos ive been confused about them for ages. (well not realy cos i rarely use choppers, but still wen i do i always think "wtf!?")

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley
              Ok thx guys..umm links...just go to the media section there is alot on the first page where they "barely" click!
              how can you say that the "barely" click? it's only an in-game video, there is no way you can tell if they click fast or slow!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
                how can you say that the "barely" click? it's only an in-game video, there is no way you can tell if they click fast or slow!
                I thought he meant how do people use the tv missle without clicking, now i know he has just asked a question which doesn't make sense lol, which you've just pointed out...well atleast others interpreted it differently and gave some answers that might help the odd newbie that looked in the thread

Comment

they could be using the trick (NOT HACK) of firing TV, clicking back out to cannon view, then back into TV and then point & clicking from a distance, its an alternative from a fixed view not travelling with the missile, very accurate over long distances. the bendable control you have is much more that way

Comment

Click as fast as you can and always keep the crosshair on the target. Sometimes your missile will go through, so you need to learn the hitboxes. You can learn them by watching chopper videos on youtube. Practice in the CLU chopper server (pw= clu) until you are good, then start pubbing and chopper whoring. But please, don't go whore choppers until you know somewhat what you're doing. Gunning in a helo is probably the hardest thing in the game (apart from flying an f35b on wake) so it's a good challenge to fly with crappy pilots.

Comment

Working...
                    X