Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV guided missle help thread.

Hello all,

I am good at flying but since I can't TV other choppas I'm usually a nice target!

The reason I ca^'t is because when I shoot the TV it only goes where my crosshairs click...so I keep clicking to keep up with other choppas...then I saw these videos(5 videos) where some1s missles followed...without the guy constantly clicking.

Do you under stand what I am talking about?

The missle won't change direction unless I keep clicking! But other peoples missles smoothly follow where he points!!!

How do I do that?!

Does any1 get what I am talking about? Thank you for you help.

Re: TV guided missle help thread.

its a macro and only complete ****ers use it.

Comment

You have to click, there's no alternative. Try to click on your target as accuratley as possible, then you don't have to click so many times.

The reeason they seem smoothly is beacuse they click fast with small directional change.

Edit: Do you have links to these videos?

Comment

Well it depends. "Over-clicking" is usually the sign that you new to controlling the rockets, You can control it, but quite erratically , but a Good TV'er will only click the minimum times to line it up, and only click again if the chopper/tank/buggy changes course.

Comment

You lead the target so you don't have to click as much.

Well not so much as lead as "where will this guy be when my camera missle is right there"

Comment

Ok thx guys..umm links...just go to the media section there is alot on the first page where they "barely" click!

Comment

Or, you could always check out my soloing videos. I click about 4 times a second... that makes it smooth looking but there's no macro involved.

Comment

one thing people dont understant about TVing

FAST CLICKING

it doesnt only allow you to guide easier but it increases your chances of finding the hitbox

Comment

Yeah you need to be able to click fast too

Comment

As Sloi and Pred said, learn to control a fast click. It's the easiest way.

I usually only click as much as I need to, but once I need to change course quickly, my fast click comes in handy. IE, rolling choppers, tv bugs where you can't control it for the first second of flight...

I'll put up a short video tomorrow for you that shows fast clicking a hit box.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley
                      Hello all,

I am good at flying but since I can't TV other choppas I'm usually a nice target!

The reason I ca^'t is because when I shoot the TV it only goes where my crosshairs click...so I keep clicking to keep up with other choppas...then I saw these videos(5 videos) where some1s missles followed...without the guy constantly clicking.

Do you under stand what I am talking about?

The missle won't change direction unless I keep clicking! But other peoples missles smoothly follow where he points!!!

How do I do that?!

Does any1 get what I am talking about? Thank you for you help.
                      Your confused. TV missiles you have to click. BOMBER Co Pilot Missiles go where you point the crosshair. Dont get them mixed up.

Comment

You don't have to keep clicking for the TV to get to the target.

The spot you click is where it goes, you just click to change its path.

Comment

Just keep clicking your target until it's head on with them. For instance, for a chopper about to take off, you don't need to click much at all, just point it in their direction. But for a heli barrel rolling, you need to click like a maniac, and click the crosshairs where you anticipate them to be. The most important thing is to always click your target, don't click where you want the missile to go and hope they crash into it.

Comment

BIG thing is also your ping
                            and the speed of your computer (your fps)
                            (my hit rate goes up 100% when I increase my fps from 50 to 80)
                            and how well you "hook up" with your pilot
                            there are some pairings in our clan when gunners NEVER MISS
                            and then they change to a different pilot
                            even one with BETTER skill, and then gunner is about 50%
                            . . . all linked to the server/gunner/pilot ping relationship
                            and we have several generals in our clan
                            ALL GREAT gunners
                            and none click more than 4 times
                            with 2-3 the average
                            many clicks often 'confuses the game server'
                            (for those that do it - ok - just passing on our advice)

Comment

theres always questions being asked about tv missiles, its one of the most controversial things in battlefield 2. Today i found a sergeant major gunning for me, and he didnt even know you can guide it (he was firing it in a straight line).

i disagree with the fast clicking, and whoever said "dont shoot it at where u think they will land. shoot it right at the enemy." from my experiences, i think keeping your clicking to a minimum is more effective. when you fire with the intial click, try to aim ahead of the vehicle your aiming at, so you dont have to chase it all over the place.

and yeah the person in the video is just clicking fast while maintaing a smooth missile path. Its not necessarily faster, because you could be clicking in the corner of the screen, waiting for it to almost reach that direction, then click the corner again and it will turn at the same speed.

Comment

Working...
                              X