Decided not to play loosing side...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Decided not to play loosing side...

Sounds like looking for enjoyment in stats is both a hollow adventure and a lonely one- the stats don't actually do anything for you in-game (improve accuracy, more unlocks, etc.) and as mentioned earlier, no one but yourself cares about your stats (unless they are trying to prove you cheat.)

I think the key to getting the most out of bf2 revolves around the community you find/place yourself in, as opposed to duking it out in random pub servers. I started only playing servers that were below an 80 ping, then I/O maps, and voila! I routinely find myself with the same batch of people (a rather large batch, however, which is good.)

Or you could just join a clan... find one that suits your needs (there are lot of them actively recruiting, too) and then you can stop worrying about random l33t h@x0r5 that will keep flipping to enhance their W/L.

Comment

Thats why I freakin hate autoswitch so much. You work your a55 off all round killing people destroying assets, etc...only to die towards the end and get autoswitched to the losers.. I think that servers should only auto switch or auto balance with the first 50 tickets of the round.

Comment

If you switch to win, is it really winning?

Does the stat actually mean anything if you attempt to conscientiously influence with such actions?

Even for your own self (which is what only matters when it comes to BF2 stats), you cheating yourself.

I play to win, that is my only motivation, but I'm below .500. But I don't switch teams, and in fact will be the first to switch if AB isn't on and a team begins to get dominated and the they leave.

I just look at it as handy cap, and judge the end of the game that way. Every loss should have a lesson to be learned in it. If I switch to a team that can't even get a spawn on the ACC maps, and I get one by the end of the game, I consider it a victory.

Accept the fact that you going to die a lot and just try as many things as you can.

Last night I switched to a team that was getting raped at the ACC on Dalian plant. I spawned below formed a squad with many AT guys in it. We took out the chopper that was shooting into the RIB area, and made a run for it. Got taken out by jet close to the shore but I bailed out early. The squad respawned on me , and the pilots didn't notice us. We swam , I hid and we eventually took a mainland spawn.

The tickets were nearly gone, but we got a spawn. I learned how to take out choppers attacking the RIB bay. You can't scoot, you have to fight them off from deep in the RIB bay with support and AT. You can also hunkerdown and fire AT while in the water. You can stand by the ribs and not be swimming. You can also go into a rib and when not driving or manning the .50 and fire AT from the other positions. With enough people you can lay down a hail of gunfire and AT rounds that even during the brief periods you can see the chopper out the RIB bay opening, you can take him out. They get cocky and eventually you take them out. The key is not to leave and use up the RIBS till the chopper is down. Then scoot while he's waiting for the chopper to respawn. But you need a healthy RIB ready to go.

Comment

Working...
        X