Decided not to play loosing side...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decided not to play loosing side...

My stats for winning games is horrible. I have a k/d ratio of about 1.2 but still I'm almost always on the losing side. I've decided that if I see that I'm on the loosing side, I'll just quit. Why hang around and help the losers if I'll lose too?

Re: Decided not to play loosing side...

because saddams fetish fighters did.

I know how you feel, and take advantage of a suck team by trying to be the crazy hero that changes the tide of the battle.

Comment

or noobs go out and die... paddle them... i managed to come 2nd on a round from doing this... 75 teamwork points on oman hehe

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think even if you quit, you're presence on the server and the stats you racked up will be recorded, and along with that, the team you last played on, So you still will get the lost score.

But in the end, who the hell cares what your win/lose ration is? I mean unlike your K/D ratio, it doesn't show ANYTHING about skill, perhaps it even shows you're a good player, who single handedly chooses to not stack and play for and struggle to win on the losing side.

MOREOVER, who the hell CARES about stats? Who do you think is looking at your stats and why do you think they would care? Where do you think you will get with a higher w/l ratio? Sorry, I got over the whole stats thing after I realized it was a pathetic way to waste time.

Comment

My W/L ratios are always bad. Then again, I don't play the old "switcheroo" like a lot of the leet players do...

In the end, you have to realize how insignificant one player is: if your commander or teammates aren't doing anything to further the cause, odds are your actions won't amount to much. You just have to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by D|sso
            I'm not sure, but I think even if you quit, you're presence on the server and the stats you racked up will be recorded, and along with that, the team you last played on, So you still will get the lost score.

But in the end, who the hell cares what your win/lose ration is? I mean unlike your K/D ratio, it doesn't show ANYTHING about skill, perhaps it even shows you're a good player, who single handedly chooses to not stack and play for and struggle to win on the losing side.

MOREOVER, who the hell CARES about stats? Who do you think is looking at your stats and why do you think they would care? Where do you think you will get with a higher w/l ratio? Sorry, I got over the whole stats thing after I realized it was a pathetic way to waste time.
            I'm sure you are right about the stats up till the time I quit, but how about after that. Do I get credited for a win or loss if I quit at that point and join another server. As to you point about stats, you are right, who cares? but I'm to the point where I'm bored with the overall play and the cheating that goes on undetected so I started to look at the stats. Who can blame me?

Comment

Fair enough, if it's for yourself, to just see how you progress and such, alright, but just don't get obsessed with it or anything, that's why you see the hackers you mentioned yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by D|sso
                Fair enough, if it's for yourself, to just see how you progress and such, alright, but just don't get obsessed with it or anything, that's why you see the hackers you mentioned yourself.

I always considered boredom and obsession at opposite ends of the spectrum, but you never know... Actually, I'm not into stats either but what else is there except abstense when the cheats take over and EA is not willing to address the issue openly? Punkbuster does not work!

Comment

I know a few people in my clan that are awesome players with high W/L ratios because they are constantly pushing the team to do well. Not just single handedly do everything, but start a squad and get 5 other people to help. Tell them what to do, and what not.

I get frustrated being the only player at times willing to cap the flag and not just spawn camp it, OR bomb it constantly.

I've found 1 player can make a difference. Even if your single handedly defend & kill everything all game. Yay.

Comment

Originally posted by Fakesound
                    I know a few people in my clan that are awesome players with high W/L ratios because they are constantly pushing the team to do well. Not just single handedly do everything, but start a squad and get 5 other people to help. Tell them what to do, and what not.

I get frustrated being the only player at times willing to cap the flag and not just spawn camp it, OR bomb it constantly.

I've found 1 player can make a difference. Even if your single handedly defend & kill everything all game. Yay.

"1 player can make a difference." I hear you! I've spent a lot of time defending the flanks, such as on Karkland. On many occasions I took out several squads single-handedly and on the close games I can take personal satisfaction that my effort was probably the key to winning that particular game even though the stats don't show it. My personal satisfaction only carries me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                      In the end, you have to realize how insignificant one player is: if your commander or teammates aren't doing anything to further the cause, odds are your actions won't amount to much. You just have to deal with it.
                      I agree completely. One player can't win a whole round unless his teammates help him. If I am on a side which are about to lose real bad I admit that I try to change team ASAP.

Comment

team swapping to the winning side is ****e......although w/l ratio is (imo) 1 of the least important stats, i notice team swapping and dont respect people that do it (for some reason). I only play in a hand full of servers and i know exactly the regulars who will swap to the winning team right at the end. They are high ranking and skilled but they sh1t me

Comment

9 times out of 10 I end up on the loosing team with fighting commander, half the team waiting/tking for the jet, etc. Tickets are usually 0-180 in the end. Pretty sick of it.
                          For once I would like to be on the winning team and rape those clueless ****s on the other team
                          Most of the time the winning team has all the high-ranked stacked up in it.

Comment

Everytime I notice my team winning by a slim margin, things change drastically, and we start winning by a large margin.

The reason? Most of the high ranks that I just spent the last twenty minutes killing in my helicopter, are now trying to join in and be my gunner. They switched teams.

Then they have the audacity to complain about me solo'ing.

D-i-n-k-s.

Comment

mm ill confess that i switch teams... on the conditon that everyone on the team i got stuck on was nothing but complete noobs ( no kills only high amounts of deaths ). when i do stay on they always seem to be too stupid to revive each other let alone me or toss an ammo pack when you call for one. the best is when you work hard and make a squad so they will join and spawn on you and they just keep respawning at the uncap only to get raped..

::sigh::

but then again its always fun playing on defence when you should be attacking too...

lastly - i hate being switched off a team i was originally on. f that shlt.

but uhhh, it doesn't count as win or loss if you leave before a round finishes.. bf2s.com can prove that i think - it has a number for incompleted rounds. errr, at least i THINK so...

ps. i confess again, i kinda play to improve stats just for the sake of something to do as a challenge. example - I WILL NEVBER EVER GET 1000 REP POINTS but i will try lol. encourages me to try different things =D

Comment

Working...
                              X