Sniper Rifle L96a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sniper Rifle L96a1

Every sniper is good. All you need is just the head shot. Real snipers can use either ones and be just as good. But I still don't get how some people are so amazing on SVD. It's like a machine gun shooting at you and from far distances.

But it really brings there accuracy down. I prefer the m24 and L96 the most.

Comment

M24 or M95 is my fave atm, seeing as I can't unlock the L96... Never been a big fan of the SVD since BF:V... It rocked then, but sucks now... unless in good hands.

L96 is Deadly accurate and has a very small crosshair (Good for lining up headshots)
      M95 is Powerful and good for camping jet whores... they get in, you kill them... they get in... you kill them... rinse and repeat

I've since lately got bored of the Sniper and i've gone for the medic seeing as I can get much more points and makes gameplay generally funner and easier... and I love the stock rifles so...

L85 sucks, M16 rocks, AK101 rocks 10x harder!.. AK47 is... err... the AK47!!

The M95 is not the most accurate sniper rifle, nor is it the most damaging. It does have the ability to shoot through cockpit glass, and that may be the reason that some damage numbers for the weapon show higher than the M24, but in actual practice it does the same damage to a player as the M24, requiring two hits to the torso to kill (or one head shot)

Accuracy-wise, it is functionally the same as the SVD/Type 88, though the “bullet drop” factor at longer ranges may give the M95 an edge with longer shots. While bullet drop has been confirmed, no data on how this is applied is available.

The M95 is a solid choice for MEC/PLA snipers as an unlock, as it gives them more damage per shot than the standard sniper rifle, and can be a good choice for the USMC player as well, if the need for shooting aircraft crew is important. It should be noted, however, that hitting a moving helicopter or jet crewman with an M95 is extremely rare.

It does have a drawback at long ranges, the width of the crosshairs in the scope make it more difficult to line up head shots than any of the other sniper rifles.
      Straight from BF2swiki, Bold = important factors for the M95

Width of the Xhairs is my main excuse for thinking the L96 is overall better for sniping.
      Also not sure, but I think the L96 has more zoom than the M95... M95 is a pretty good Oman/Wake sniper though due to being able to take out alot of people camping the Jets

Comment

Originally posted by drummerkid27
        Hey..... I bought bf2 and i have unlocked every weapon excet one. So I have an option beteen each gun..... I want to know If iwill unlock the L96A1
        with just BF2 noT speical forces?
        ummm this may not be the answer ur looking for but u can only use the L96 on Vannila BF2 and Armoured Fury.. and i think maybe for the mec and pla on Euro Force...not sf...hope thats helpful.

Comment

lol i got sf not installed it though lol i realy want the l96a1 its awsome it realy is.

Comment

That's a really nice gun. Super accurate and all, with the thin cross hairs

Comment

Originally posted by djkruvand
              The guy above is right, but you don't need the L96A1.The M95 is a fine weapon. Think about it before you buy it, the second tier upgrades are to some better than the third tier, so just think about it.
              quiet, m95=thick sights l96a1 is just as the m24 but thinner crosshairs and its strange sound bleand in with the background bullets alot easier.

Comment

I play sniper when I need to. For me my choice of rifle depends on the server and the map. I find that the L96 is generally the best gun to use after you get good with the m95. However I like to pick up a SVD off of a dead mec sniper on the jolly bob map because Ive seen people follow the guns sound a lot more on that map and the mec soldiers hear the 2 or 3 rapid shots and wont come looking for you.

As a side note, I often use the default weapon set M24, M16, M249, etc. These weapons are good after you get used to them and when people see you are an officer they usually will shoot you first, so they can pick up the unlock weapon that you have, untill they learn that you are probably useing the default set. There is nothing wrong with being able to kill with all the weapons in the game. It does take a little time though. . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Originally posted by VEThrifty
                  Negative. All sniper rifles do the same damage.
                  The L96A1 and M24 do 95% damage to non-armoured, the M95 does it to non-armoured and armoured (assault, anti-tank, support). That's a fact.

(It actually does 190% damage and uses the .50 bullet divider which doesn't effect armoured units, that's the actual fact, but the effect is similar)

Comment

Originally posted by Cherni_95
                    ummm this may not be the answer ur looking for but u can only use the L96 on Vannila BF2 and Armoured Fury.. and i think maybe for the mec and pla on Euro Force...not sf...hope thats helpful.
                    WTF?! I don't know but I got the L96A1 through BF2:SF! WHY EU OR AF?!

I don't understand please explain better!

Comment

Originally posted by VEThrifty
                      Negative. All sniper rifles do the same damage.

Actually in reality they don't, and i do think that the m95 is a bit more powerful.......(for it to shoot through glass it needs a little more ummf and better type of cartridge).

Comment

Originally posted by djkruvand
                        Actually in reality they don't, and i do think that the m95 is a bit more powerful.......(for it to shoot through glass it needs a little more ummf and better type of cartridge).
                        Yes i agree with you 100 hundred percent, you are quite a genius. I truly respect your knowledge and wisdom, I bow down to you.

Comment

Originally posted by SaUrOn
                          The L96A1 and M24 do 95% damage to non-armoured, the M95 does it to non-armoured and armoured (assault, anti-tank, support). That's a fact.

(It actually does 190% damage and uses the .50 bullet divider which doesn't effect armoured units, that's the actual fact, but the effect is similar)
                          It does 190 to LIGHT VEHICLES. Jesus no one knows anything about (Bf2:V)sniping these days. M24, L9 and the M95... DO 95 TO UNARMED AND 65 to ARMORED. Get a friend and try it for yourselves.

Comment

Working...
                          X