X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bailing out of transports

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
    ya dude......

if i see a guy wrenching on anything....i jump in.....its habit.......but when i do it, i jump in secondary position, so he dont think im stealing it, and so he gets the repair points
    Nice to know I aint the only out one there with that mindset. Good on ya mate.

Just wanted to comment on Jihads. God I hate people who jump in the driver seat when they clearly see me placing the 2 C4's on it.
    Only once did a guy understand wot I was doing and drove it into a tank and allowed me to blow it when we were out of blast range. That impressed me, but that was one in a million.

Comment

Originally posted by R.M.S.1.3
      If someone has been using a vehicle and hops out to repair it, that doesn't make it anyone else's. Same with c4 buggies. They DO have our names on it, so leave them alone! :P
      Ok, this gets my vote for stupid quote of the last 10 mins.;p

Um, no they do not have our names on them. And if I have jumped out to repair a vehicle, I would certianally hope that someone who is still in or near by might be smart enough to jump in the driver/gunner seat to cover me. If that person wants to drive after that, blessed be they.

Not yours (mine), ours.

Comment

^ Bollocks, if I get in the driver seat of a DPV then get out to C4 it or repair it, it's still "reserved" as mine, by the unwritten rules of good sportsmanship. Be a **** by all means, and steal it, don't be pissed when I press my handy-dandy C4 button and TK your *** a few yards down the line though.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike
          ^ Bollocks, if I get in the driver seat of a DPV then get out to C4 it or repair it, it's still "reserved" as mine, by the unwritten rules of good sportsmanship. Be a **** by all means, and steal it, don't be pissed when I press my handy-dandy C4 button and TK your *** a few yards down the line though.
          same when people jump into your Jihad DPV, when they have clearly seen you rigging it up. Most of the time, I will type "its a Jihad", but reguardless, I will do my stuff. If they guys dont jump out in time, then thats hes dumb problem, not mine.
          Im so sick on non-thinking noobs

Comment

Jihad on FF off servers are fun, just get someone else to get the dirty work of driving to an APC on oman while you camp the roof and watch the APC die with a jeep still intact, rinse and repeat

(Poor driver gets no points though)

Comment

Originally posted by Tobacco
              That's because the BH is a flying coffin. Thanks to the bizarre way inwhich Dice "fixed" this game the BH was one of, if not the first thing to get nerfed. Admittly, at first, the BH was very unbalanced. Had Dice decided(in their wisdom)to fix the A2A Missles first, they may have found the need to neuter the BH disappear. In the beginning, the BH was very easy to repair in the Air, and Soldiers didn't have to dismount to cap flags, oh, and the Mini Guns kicked Arse.

It is still very possible to "exploit" the BH like it use to be(aside from the mini Guns), but it's impossible to convince anyone else to get in it, let alone with the desired Classes(ie 2engies,2 support,1medic,Covert Ops)
              i was in a kick-asss squad last night.....squad leader took transport heli and just hovered over the flags......i was engineer and chilled in the back wrenchin it up most the time...ppl kept spawning in and parachuting to the flag all round for a few maps.....was great...i only got 2 repair points tho and it repairs waaaaaay slow

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski
                I've never played engineer, but I guarantee you get points for repairing unoccupied vehicles...

If you are in a vehicle, repairing via vehicle, then you don't get points...
                Get out and repair, and you do.

But then again, I've never repaired or been engineer. I'm such a noob.

:edit: flip a boat... that's all I'll say.
                lmao. was debating on whether this was a right time to call someone a noob, but it looks like someone beat me to it..........

and no if the vehicle is empty you receive zero zilch in the form of repair points. only when you repair a vehicles occupied by friendlies is it that you receive points.

oh and by the way, i'm not interested in padding but... a lot of people have recently been saying that if you switch to position 3 or 4 in transport, that you can repair the vehicle and get points, is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                  i was in a kick-asss squad last night.....squad leader took transport heli and just hovered over the flags......i was engineer and chilled in the back wrenchin it up most the time...ppl kept spawning in and parachuting to the flag all round for a few maps.....was great...i only got 2 repair points tho and it repairs waaaaaay slow
                  Nice........Soo many new players have no idea what they missed, but like you've pointed out, it's not a completely lost art. Engineer gets no love

Comment

Fourtunately it displays the list of players each time someone enters/leaves or switches spots i look at the number next to each player eveytime just to make sure the 1. is next to someone so i know there is a pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
                      "I've never played engineer, but I guarantee you get points for repairing unoccupied vehicles..."

You do not get points for repairing unoccupied vehicles. Try it yourself, and see for yourself.

"If you are in a vehicle, repairing via vehicle, then you don't get points...
                      Get out and repair, and you do."

If you are an engineer in a vehicle like a Mobile Anti-Aircraft, Transport, Transport Helicopter, or Transport Boat, where you can actually use your wrench on the vehicle that you're in.

You "CAN" get points. Even if there is nobody else in the vehicle with you. This is how people stat pad for Expert Repair. This is also against the rules if you do it with the purpose of stat padding, and not with the purpose of keeping a team-mate's asset, or your own asset alive in battle.

"But then again, I've never repaired or been engineer. I'm such a noob."

Agreed.

":edit: flip a boat... that's all I'll say."

Thats against the BFROE.

lol i think someone missed the sarcasm there =P

but i think the first guy was right though

Comment

Originally posted by System

ok now ive read your post i read the original post again. it does make sense as to what hes saying, i must have read it wrong due to lack of sleep because there is a whole paragraph that i dont recall seeing. lol
                        sorry daikura

Comment

Originally posted by System

Sarcasm on the internet is like telling cancer jokes at a memorial hospital.

Not only do you make very little sense, but people will resent you for what you do.

Anyhow, what he typed up sounded like serious business to me. My corrections stand as presented before.

Comment

Working...
                          X