Bailing out of transports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailing out of transports

I've gotta know if this is common accepted practice and my newbish-ness is getting me killed or if this is the pilot's fault.

Many times now I've hopped into transport Helos/APCs, etc... and assume the role of a gunner only to find myself in an empty vehicle after a few seconds.

This gets really annoying when I see the driver run behind a building for cover leaving me exposed to enemy fire as a sitting duck. It gets even more annoying when it happens in mid-air and I only notice the lack of a pilot when I start losing altitude much faster that would be normal. Usually at that point I'm only a few feet off the ground and end up dead from the impact.

Re: Bailing out of transports

Yeah, it happens, but you're playing an FPS game, not Solitaire, you need to be aware of **** at all times.

Comment

You can change seats by pushing function buttons, F1 being the driver seat in every vehicle.

If your driver bails out for a reason or another, feel free to take it. Well, except if you hear wrenching sound, in which case the guy is repairing the vehicle.. it's still yours to take, but it will piss him off BAD.

Comment

Join a squad and talk to them. When you guys are all in the chopper together, you will know if everyone is planning to bail or stay.

Comment

as i pilot i don't bail out unless either I scream "Bail Out!" 3 times on the commo-rose or when it's pretty obvious that staying in the chopper means certain death.

Comment

Originally posted by markan dorka
            If your driver bails out for a reason or another, feel free to take it. Well, except if you hear wrenching sound, in which case the guy is repairing the vehicle.. it's still yours to take, but it will piss him off BAD.
            If someone has been using a vehicle and hops out to repair it, that doesn't make it anyone else's. Same with c4 buggies. They DO have our names on it, so leave them alone! :P

Yeah, just pay attention when you're flying in a hawk (or the chinese or mec fat cow chopper) to the seat assignments - the little squares that are colored when a person is sitting there. Just keep your eye on the pilot seat in a hot zone and keep your finger on the F1 key.

Comment

ya dude......

if i see a guy wrenching on anything....i jump in.....its habit.......but when i do it, i jump in secondary position, so he dont think im stealing it, and so he gets the repair points

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                ya dude......

if i see a guy wrenching on anything....i jump in.....its habit.......but when i do it, i jump in secondary position, so he dont think im stealing it, and so he gets the repair points
                kudos man

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                  ya dude......

He'll get the repair anyway, but yeah... It's way better to get into the secondary position (just watch for arty... er, feel for it, or whatever)...

I agree with Troybob. Kudos.

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski
                    He'll get the repair anyway, but yeah....
                    he doesnt get it if some1 isnt in the vehicle he is repairing. if you could get points for repairing unoccupied vehicles, that would cause alot of staspadding including a wrench, c4, a support guy and a tank.

Comment

I've never played engineer, but I guarantee you get points for repairing unoccupied vehicles...

If you are in a vehicle, repairing via vehicle, then you don't get points...
                      Get out and repair, and you do.

But then again, I've never repaired or been engineer. I'm such a noob.

:edit: flip a boat... that's all I'll say.

Comment

I've never played engineer, but I guarantee you get points for repairing unoccupied vehicles...
                        You do not get points for repairing unoccupied vehicles. Try it yourself, and see for yourself.

If you are in a vehicle, repairing via vehicle, then you don't get points... Get out and repair, and you do.
                        If you are an engineer in a vehicle like a Mobile Anti-Aircraft, Transport, Transport Helicopter, or Transport Boat, where you can actually use your wrench on the vehicle that you're in.

You "CAN" get points. Even if there is nobody else in the vehicle with you. This is how people stat pad for Expert Repair. This is also against the rules if you do it with the purpose of stat padding, and not with the purpose of keeping a team-mate's asset, or your own asset alive in battle.

But then again, I've never repaired or been engineer. I'm such a noob.
                        Agreed.

:edit: flip a boat... that's all I'll say.
                        Thats against the BFROE.

Comment

i know this is off topic, but what do u do to show the fps ingame?

Comment

Originally posted by Lerxstwannabe
                            Many times now I've hopped into transport Helos/APCs, etc... and assume the role of a gunner only to find myself in an empty vehicle after a few seconds.
                            That's because the BH is a flying coffin. Thanks to the bizarre way inwhich Dice "fixed" this game the BH was one of, if not the first thing to get nerfed. Admittly, at first, the BH was very unbalanced. Had Dice decided(in their wisdom)to fix the A2A Missles first, they may have found the need to neuter the BH disappear. In the beginning, the BH was very easy to repair in the Air, and Soldiers didn't have to dismount to cap flags, oh, and the Mini Guns kicked Arse.

It is still very possible to "exploit" the BH like it use to be(aside from the mini Guns), but it's impossible to convince anyone else to get in it, let alone with the desired Classes(ie 2engies,2 support,1medic,Covert Ops)

Comment

I only bail if I have a chopper full of people and have taken the proper steps to ensure no one can escape the crash nor stablize the chopper after I bail.

Comment

Working...
                              X